This year's select 550+ photos

Harvester said:
Therion_013.jpg

He is defending his "Fan of the Year" crown quite well.

Glenn H.

Aww, shucks! :D

Glenn, all I can say is Saturday was an EARgasm!!! I was on the barrier for over 10 hours and I didn't move! Stride, Symphorce, Pink Cream 69, Therion and Stratovarius??? It will be a challenge to find a better 5 band line-up than that! :devil: I was in heaven the entire day ... nice work my fine friend!

I think the only "good" pictures of me have been taken at PP5 & PP6. I don't look good in a suit...

Havermout said:
Great stuff Todd, two questions tho...a lot of b&w, you prefer that over colour or is it the lightconditions on stage that forced you to show them in b&w...and i noticed that most of the pics have a lot of black in the background, less lights on stage then there were last year?

H!

I like to get a good mix of color and b/w, but yes, there were many more b/w shots this year. Most all of the b/w shots were originally red or pink in hue which makes me gag. Some is OK, but way too much this year. Fortunately, those pics convert to b/w pretty good. There were a lot of bright white (unfiltered) lights facing the audience from the back of the stage this year (I counted 24) which made photography into the stage next to impossible when they were on. So, I took most of my shots when they were off. In contrast, there were no spotlights or unfiltered white lights facing the stage this year which made photography really challenging (low light, hard to focus and stop motion).

The Fiddler said:
There were a lot of bright white (unfiltered) lights facing the audience from the back of the stage this year (I counted 24) which made photography into the stage next to impossible when they were on.

Thanks!
we had a similar situation at PP europe earlier this month during the Pain of Salvation set, all previous bands had good light but they had a lot of lights from the back that even annoyed a lot of people in the audience. This was the only set that weekend that i cheated a bit...used a little fill-in flash a couple of times to get at least some pics with recognizable faces ;)
Looks as it was intended since they had their own light-operator....and on top of that they had way too much smoke on stage, a nightmare for AF lenses...hehehe.

Henk
(who's still working on the slideshow)

Nice work Todd. Definitely agree about the "challenging" lighting this year, I think it was even more difficult than last year to get color shots with flesh tones vaguely resembing reality. But sometimes I think for this type of stuff B&W works better anyway, gets right down to the raw essence of it.

Wow. I want to marry your pictures. You rock!

I asked some other guy this year if he was you cause I saw him taking so many pictures and kind of ASSumed. Whoops!

Thanks for sharing. :headbang:

Those are great pics! You're very talented! I can also tell that you must be a big Conception fan as well. That section had the most pics followed by DC Cooper's section, since Tore played for him.

Bad Girl Tess said:
Wow. I want to marry your pictures. You rock!

I asked some other guy this year if he was you cause I saw him taking so many pictures and kind of ASSumed. Whoops!

Thanks for sharing. :headbang:

I hide in the shadows... :)