Threshold and Shaman DVDs............

LarryD

Feb 11, 2002
Rhode Island / USA
www.pmrising.com
Recently received the mentioned DVDs ....... The Threshold DVD slays in the audio / video dept, but I have to say that filming it at a small club, with a quiet audience doesn't do much for the show itself. Mac tries to ignite the crowd several times without success, and it does take away from the energy of the band. Aside from that, the performance is brilliant, and the highlight is without a doubt, the vocal performance that Mac gives.
The Shaman DVD also slays in the audio / video dept. The show is filmed with the "live" look, unlike the edited look of Threshold, and in a huge indoor arena. The show is full of energy, and Andre Matos is finally let loose live. This DVD is hands down better than the Angra DVD that had poor sound. Special guests Tobias Sammett (Edguy) and Sascha Paeth (producer extraordinaire on guitar) make this one hell of a show.

I second that!!!! The Shaman DVD kicks ass!!! "Sign Of The Cross" with Andre Matos and Tobias Sammet was KILLER!!!! And "Eagle Fly Free" with Andre and Andi Deris and Michael Weikath closing that show, whew, AND its a NTSC DVD? How did that happen? :hotjump:

Eh, I dunno about the audio on the Shaman DVD... the guitar comes in WAAAYYYY too loud at some points, like on "For Tomorrow".

I recently got the Star One, Angra, and Shaman DVDs.

Star One blew me the hell away! Absolutely fucking brilliant! AMAZING! I've watched it about 5 times all the way through in the first 4 days I've had it, and I can't get enough!

The Angra DVD is awesome as well! Very well done!

Same with Shaman :)

So, if I were to rank them: Star One > Angra > Shaman.

Just to go on record, I think the Angra live CD/DVD..blows. The sound is terrible. Absolutely, gut-wrenchingly terrible. What a waste of money.

Shaman and Star One..that's a good sound!

What is Shaman's website i havn't gotten too hear any, i have not heard very good things about them, but i need to hear for myself.

I'm going to save up about $400 and go on a shopping spree at progpower i want to buy everything i can.

Angra's DVD/CD is the worst piece of crap they ever released. It just couldn't be any worse.

I wonder why the rush to release a DVD.. That was one of the first shows of the new line up. and the sound sucked real bad.. I just don't get it.. They could have released a much better DVD, cause they kicked ass on this tour..

I will comment on the Shaman DVD as soon as The End delivers my package, ordered over 20 days ago... :err:

The Shaman dvd is awesome--I purchased the c.d. at last years prog/power but, it kinda got lost among the other 8 million cd's I bought--so, recently i have gotten really into them again and have found out how great they are!! I got the dvd a couple weeks ago from the end and I'm still watching! Where can you find the Threshold dvd at?

Kai-Guy said:
The Shaman dvd is awesome--I purchased the c.d. at last years prog/power but, it kinda got lost among the other 8 million cd's I bought--so, recently i have gotten really into them again and have found out how great they are!! I got the dvd a couple weeks ago from the end and I'm still watching! Where can you find the Threshold dvd at?

You can find the DVD and their other CDs not released yet here.

www.thresh.net

The NTSC version is not out yet --- I purchased the PAL format because I couldn't wait.

I got the G3 Live and the Opeth Dvd's last week! Dude, if you're a guitarist, GET THE G3 one, it's unbelievable!!!!!!!! The Opeth one kicks major amounts of ass as well!

I'll second (third? fourth?) the comments on the Angra DVD. The sound is absolutely awful - it's a very disappointing DVD. I wish they would have waited and done it right.