Top 50 Discs of 2014

I had these on the list but just hadn't pulled the trigger on them, Delain, Scar, and Anubis Gate. Catching up there. Evergrey has just never done it for me, but had to get this one; I have to be missing something. Then I added Savage Messiah and Triosphere. Have heard some Trios before (no purchases before now) but SM will be brand new to me.

I'm curious who everyone bought?
Bought the following based on running through your list:
Black Fate - "Between Visions & Lies"
Daydream XI - "The Grand Disguise"
Savage Messiah - "The Fateful Dark"
Striker - "City of Gold"

You could also count Dynazty - "Renatus" since they had flown under my radar until they were booked for next year, although I bought them immediately after the fest rather than after you put up your list. I already owned 20 other albums from your list, and based on past years, it's about average for me to find 4 - 6 albums on your list that I missed out on for one reason or another. I love going through your year end list, the forum users' year end lists, and the prediction thread, I always find a few gems that I either missed entirely or that I needed to give a second chance.

What? No Freak Kitchen in that top 50?Their latest disc is their best since Move, in my humble, non-biased opinion.....:Smokedev:

LOTS of stuff on here that I have not heard of. Need more digestion!

Really cool you are liking the Sister Sin & Triosphere, I think both would do well at a future ProgPower, Just don't let Liv whip on the techs! :devil:

Edit: That City Of Gold disc is one of my "out of nowhere" favorites this year

I haven't bought anything yet, since I don't impulse buy. Many of these bands were on my radar previously, like Triosphere and Xerath.

Probably the only new band to me on the list that seems to be an instant buy is Flaming Row. That song does grow on you.

From your season ending list? Only Black Fate. From your earlier suggestions? Need & Dynazty. For next years fest? Hibria, Voyager (which I still cant get into with much enthusiasm) and Anathema (another that I totally can't get into..yet...still trying)
Future tries are going to Lords of Black and Triosphere

I wanted to get the Daydream XI too, but as DAD said, no CD version yet. I left a message on Savage Messiah's facebook page letting them know of their #20 position. The Daydream dudes aready knew.

Ordered already are the releases by Nightingale, The Oneira, Scar Symmetry, Black fate, Rec Circuit, and Triosphere. I probably would have gotten around to buying the last anyways, but you list solidified that. Also, I am still trying to track down physical CDs from Bouncing the Ocean, In Search of Sun, and Split Bearing. Obviously, you have zero impact on what I listen too!:D

Finally got around to checking out what ol' Glennster had to say here. :)

Most of those disks I've already had. However, my brother wanted me to fill out my wishlist on Amazon for Christmas, so this did very nicely :)

BTW, checking out that Daydream XI album on Bandcamp. Damn, that shit is just sick!! Yup, going to download that bad-boy, in full lossless FLAC format, and let my trusty ol' Pioneer Elite N-50 network streamer/DAC take care of the rest....

EDIT: Went and downloaded the Red Circuit album off of eMusic (I had some credit in my account I needed to use up before it expired and "refreshed") and listening to it right now. That is really quite good. I am impressed!

I bought that Falconer...BUT YOU ALL ALREADY KNEW THAT.

Haven't purchased anything else off that list yet, but I have my eye on a couple. Including that Flaming Row because I need it in my CD player last week.

Thinking about Vanishing Point. *Kinda* thinking about Insomnium, but it depends on the level of growls - as much as I like Amorphis, I skip most of the growly stuff!