VIPER(Andre Matos)

Out of all his work I like the Viper stuff the most. Its got a real raw, hungry sound. You can really hear that young band sound on "Soldiers Of Sunrise". You can also hear Angra coming through in "Theatre Of Fate".

I really like Theater of Fate. Blown away when Angra first came out because it was way more technical, but I still like Viper's straight-forward approach.

Out of all his work I like the Viper stuff the most. Its got a real raw, hungry sound. You can really hear that young band sound on "Soldiers Of Sunrise". You can also hear Angra coming through in "Theatre Of Fate".

I can honestly say that I agree with you. The raw sound in Soldiers of Sunrise fucking blew me away the first time I heard it. And you're absolutely right on how Theatre of Fate beginning to develop a little bit of an Angra thing. It was on Matos' songwriting and vocal development. :kickass:

Don't know off hand, but I did buy a double CD that included both Soldiers of Sunrise and Theater of Fate when I was in Europe about 9 years ago. So its been in print at least as recently as that.

Do you know if this was an official release or a well crafted bootleg? I've seen some bootlegs that looked and even sounded as good or better than something a normal music company would release.

Nine years ago is a long time. Hard to imagine that 1999 was THAT long ago though! o_O

Don't know off hand, but I did buy a double CD that included both Soldiers of Sunrise and Theater of Fate when I was in Europe about 9 years ago. So its been in print at least as recently as that.

I have the same double CD and as far as I know it is a Official Re-Release. I may be wrong though.

As far as I know its legit, I think I bought it in a regular chain type store while I was studying in Europe for a summer, not the kind of place you'd think you'd find bootlegs. I haven't pulled it out in a while though. My rough memory was that ToF had a definite proto-Angra sound to it, while SoS was more raw and straight ahead.