Want to play at ProgPowerUSA this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Passing this along since we have lots of musicians here..

From Glenn Harveston:
Serenity Cancels PPUSA IX Appearance

March 12, 2008

I have just received notification that Serenity have been forced to cancel their performance due to reasons beyond their control. I will have no further comment on the situation other to say that those wishing to see the band in the future should probably book a flight to Europe.

So……..

I obviously have a list of bands that have expressed interest in performing on file. I also have a list of bands that have impressed me since I made the roster decision many months ago. I could tap a replacement within 24 hrs. However, I have decided to just open it wide open and see what happens. Let’s have some fun and get the fans involved as well.

So do you know any bands that want the opening slot and the chance to elevate their career? This is your chance to tell every band you know that is willing to take the opening slot by the balls and run with it.

Have them (band member or manager only) email me at and ONLY at [edit: e-mail removed] with a link to their website/myspace page . They will receive an automatic reply stating that we received their email and appreciate their interest in the festival. Due to the large volume of emails that I anticipate, I will not respond to each email personally. There is no deadline or firm announcement date. I will simply name the band when I find the one that kicks my ass and agrees to terms. Please remember that this is an OPENING SLOT and probably geared towards newer bands that are hungry as opposed to veterans that expect certain requirements to be met.

I will not accept emails from fans on behalf of bands. I will not accept emails at any address other than the one listed above.

Get busy folks and get the word out.

Glenn

I submitted one for Skelator. I don't think we'll get it because there's no support for us on that forum as I don't relentlessly pimp the band over there other than a small line of text in my sig (no gigantic banners for me thanks) and a logo as my avatar. Maybe I should start promoting eh? :lol:

I'm sure one of the "house bands" over there will get it, which is totally cool. A great experience for any band for sure :D

I submitted one for Skelator. I don't think we'll get it because there's no support for us on that forum as I don't relentlessly pimp the band over there other than a small line of text in my sig (no gigantic banners for me thanks) and a logo as my avatar. Maybe I should start promoting eh? :lol:

I'm sure one of the "house bands" over there will get it, which is totally cool. A great experience for any band for sure :D

Been checking out your bands myspace, nice riffing dude, how does your singer get his voice so high :OMG:. Like manowar on speed, its cool.

Been checking out your bands myspace, nice riffing dude, how does your singer get his voice so high :OMG:. Like manowar on speed, its cool.

Thanks. Jason is a pleasure to play with for sure. I mean, bands always say PC things about their own bands, but i can seriously say that Jason live DESTROYES jason on cd... in fact, I'll be posting some LIVE Skelator vids in the next 24 hours, so be sure to check that out. But serious bro, thanks for checking it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.