what do you expect? my little poll....

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
After reading the interesting feedback on Glenn's little poll, I would be interested to know if anyone who is expecting less bands with longer sets...who exaclty you are expecting to see at prog power 3.0 play longer?

personally, since Glenn hasn't mentioned any bands, I'd like to see what everyone's expecting him to pick! should we create a betting pool on this?
:D

eating lunch...
Dustin

Hhhmm - well besides the almost certain Blind Guardian, I find it gets a bit difficult.

Threshold - would appear to have a good chance as they are well-liked and are on Inside Out. Otherwise Arena would be a good choice if Clive Nolan can tear himself away from his other projects for long enough.

Pain of Salvation - since they didn't play the last one, I guess that they are in with a chance of a return - and once again it would be very popular - and probably a slightly different audience to that who would come for Threshold.

Edguy - unless they somewhere else in the States first. Toby is a friend of Hansi too, isn't he?

Agent Steel or Jag Panzer - a little something for the American Power metal fans.

Digital Ruin/Reading Zero/Persephone's Dream - another band which hangs around the PM board. American Prog/Prog-Metal.

Andromeda/Wolverine/Another swedish outfit - have to fit another swedish band in somewhere.

Freedom Call/Falconner/Lost Horizon/Silent Farce - must be a Euro Power metal representative

Event - something for the Tech Metallers

For sure there will be
- At least 1 German band
- At least 1 Swedish band
- At least 1 USA band
- someone to fill the Randy 'Mullet' coven role of chief prick

less likely:
Savatage - already play the States

Labyrinth - a fave of Harv's, but damn awkward buggers to deal with, I've heard.

Rhapsody - LOL! By time fall rolls around they'll have broken up.

Another Italian band - will consider it but flounce off in disgust when not given headlining slot.

Royal Hunt - they would announce their participation and then pull out with weeks to spare claiming that their management hadn't made the necessary arrangements for their travel/equipment.

bah - that's all I can come up with right now.

That would be a killer lineup, one that would again make me seriously consider making flight arrangements behind my parents' back :) Blind Guardian and Pain Of Salvation would make great headliners, and from what I've heard Threshold is awesome live. Andromeda would also be an excellent choice, especially since everyone is eagerly anticipating the new album with the new singer. And all of the US bands, or the Perp residents, you mentioned are deserving of much greater attention, I've featured them in my recommendations column on multiple occasions.

I would love to see Tad Morose,Vanishing Point,Vanden Plas,Lost Horizon(with the Face Paint Even)Iced Earth,Brainstorm,Within Temptation and so many many more...:hotjump:

Bear:yow:

I;d pay to see The Tiles or Ice Age for Prog Rock

If we couldn't have Rhapsody I'd settle for Thy Majestie or Stormwind.

How about Brainstorm, Angra, Evergrey (again), Silent Force or DC Cooper

Oh and then there's Savatage, Jag Panzer, Iced Earth.

Some relatively unknown bands I'd like to see are of course Katagory V or a band from Argentina called Damnation whose EP Another Life is one of the best I've heard in a long time (check out thier site at http://www.geocities.com/arkana67 )

That's my two cents and change:)

My hopes are for any or all of the following:

Vanden Plas
Andromeda
Vanishing Point
Poverty's No Crime
Reading Zero
Shadow Gallery(HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
Silent Force(or just DC Cooper performing with whomever)
Silent Exile(from Canada, save on travel! hehe)
Labyrinth

Who is this "Blind Guardian" anyway?? hehe

Actually, my hope is just to stay awake for the whole thing...... :)

Glenn has done a great job of getting a variety of types of bands. Power, prog, technical, etc. I hope that continues. I'd like to see at least one band in the following categories:

Prog Metal
Power Metal
Female vocals
Good Death metal vocals
Technical Metal
When Hell Freezes Over

With that said, here's who I would like to see in those categories:

Prog Metal - Pain Of Salvation
Power Metal - Blind Guardian
Female vocals - Nightwish
Good Death metal vocals - Opeth
Technical Metal - Gordian Knot, Spastic Ink and/or Watchtower
When Hell Freezes Over - Shadow Gallery

Other bands that would be interesting would include DC Cooper, Wolverine, Stonehenge, Green Carnation, Novembre, Edenbridge, Within Temptation, Gamma Ray, Edguy, Dreams Of Sanity.

Glenn has had so many awesome bands at the first two PP's that my list of "bands I'd love to see but probably never will" is much shorter now!

But hell, even if Glenn booked a band playing Backstreet Boys covers in 7/8 I'll be there for sure.

Guy

Originally posted by zinescene
Some relatively unknown bands I'd like to see are of course Katagory V

Thanks for that little plug John!:D
...how would that be!

Jag Panzer would be awsome (You already know I LOVE those guys!)
Angra & Silent Force are in my wish list to see live as well.

there are SO MANY damn good bands out there that fit the bill...it would be hard for me NOT to enjoy who is invited! I'm just looking forward to the whole deal..including the "family reunion" aspect of it! :lol: The bands are only 50% of it for me...it's the crazy prog/power metal fans like myself that attend that make it just as fun!

Dustin

Progmetal - Pain Of Salvation, or if they're not available Andromeda or Threshold
Powermetal - Blind Guardian
Female vocals - After Forever
Good DM vocals - Besides the obvious choice of Opeth, I don't know of anyone who has growls and can strictly and comfortably fit into the prog requirement :)
Technical metal: again, I think everyone covered it...
When hell freezes over: Crimson Glory with original lineup
Prog rock: The Flower Kings or Porcupine Tree
Unsigned: Reading Zero, Dysrythmia, Strange Land

Kez: excellent choices.

My list of bands I'd love to see perform are as follows -

Nightwish
Angra
Stratovarius
Sonata Artica
Rhapsody
Edguy
Balance Of Power
Superior
Vanden Plas
Iced Earth

(I wasn't at 2.0 so I missed BOP and SUperior)

Of course Symphony X, BG, Threshold, Helloween, Nevermore, Children Of Bodom, Zero Hour, PoS, and Kamelot would be cool also ;)

Hmmmm.....tons of great bands mentioned here.......well.....as long as theres plenty of cold brew Im sure Ill be happy about whos playing...I agree with ya Dustin....Progpower is one helluva fun party besides the bands.....Prog on!
Doug

:D

Doug "the mailman"!!!!!

It's good to see a post from ya on here! me & Curtis are definatly looking forward to drinkin' some cold brews with you again!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
we had a blast hanging with everyone there! It's a huge family reunion in my opinion! one I plan to attend from here on out!

one more day of the Olympics.......
Dustin

the key word in your post is....."SOME" hehehehhe...I know we had a few at last years show.......It was indeed very cool!! Im looking forward to the next one.....I was thinkin about a BBQ at my house or some shit like that during friday or saturday during the day .....I live 28 miles from the venue and have a pool table... or just hang out....other than Atlanta..It gets old to me...just a thought.....rock on my friend...

Bands that I think will play PP 3.0 (in no particular order):

Blind Guardian
Iced Earth
Nightwish
Opeth
Pain of Salvation
Jag Panzer
Edguy
D.C. Cooper
Tad Morose
Vanden Plas

Band that I want to see at PP 3.0:

Nevermore
Iced Earth
ASKA
Black Label Society
Blind Guardian
Opeth
Edguy
Pain of Salvation
Tad Morose
Into Eternity

GZ

I definitely hope Blind Guardian will come. They simply rule!
Apart from that I would also love to see:

Grave Digger
Vanden Plas
Shadow Gallery
Nightwish
Children of Bodom (not likely)
Brainstorm
Rage
Elegy
Iced Earth
etc......
There are so many great bands to chose from. I just hope that there won't be a band like Nightingale this time (not really power nor prog metal)

Oh man, we (our group from Phoenix) really enjoyed Nightingale last year. It may not be easily categorized, but they're good. We picked up "I" because of their performance.