What it means to be a REAL American.

Edgecrusher

God To The Godless
Nov 3, 2002
Cincinnati
www.cd-tracker.com
I received this in my email and I thought I'd share it with you people, especially non-Americans.

I like big cars, big boats, big motorcycles, big houses and big campfires.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some governmental stooge with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts for squirting out babies.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts!

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion. I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.

The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television,and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America and see what happens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.
When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70%of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the law of statistics.

I know what sex is, and there are not varying degrees of it. If I received sex from one of my subordinates in my office, it wouldn't be a private matter or my personal business. It would be "FIRED" immediately!

I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather should not have died in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the order "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation recount votes when needed. I know what the definition of lying is.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor. I know wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television, and that doesn't stop you from watching them. I believe a self-righteous liberal or conservative with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the building. Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid and smack his/her little ass when necessary and say "NO."

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And please stay home until that new lip ring heals, I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me french fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness" and of all the suck ups that go along with it. I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa, so how can they be "African Americans"?
Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and no where else.

i'd agree (as an american) with about half of that... the rest is somewhat nationalist and i, as an individual, as a citizen, do not wholly support everything we do. especially the comments on rich/poor & foreign freedoms, i disagree.

an 'american' should not make foreign freedoms a high priority as it has little to do with OUR country. yes, we should do what we can to aid other nations in need, but no, we should not spoon feed them or take over.

and yes, there's open market... we compete for business, but monopolizing degrades that system when one person or company is preventing others from being given the chance to compete. it's one thing to be a industry leader, that promotes healthy competitive improvement. its totally different to crush every opponent, that simply stagnates the industry as the 'leader' needs not to improve at all, as they are the only real source of product or service they can charge what they want, and produce the quality standard of their choosing.

i do like big cars, big houses, loud music. however, there is a point of descretion when dealing with overspending and over-impeding on our environment, which i also care about. we can all drive hummers if we so choose, but we will be driving them on the barren remains of our forests and parks, after we destroy them with pollution and over-expansion.

lastly i do not believe everything MUST be in English. if anything, i believe that English (as the majority language) paired with whatever is the most common local dialect should be recognized. Eg. in california, texas.. etc English/Spanish.. and NH, Maine, etc... English/French as Quebec is near and many Americans there speak fluent French as well. we as americans are not bound by any particular language as we are the one nation that rose from many.

every other part of that, i agree with very much.

I like big campfires that get out of control and burn down the big houses. :D

Since you don't want to have your money given over to take care of these "crack babies" by the government, then why don't you adopt one (or more) of them. Oh, wait...that might be something Christ might do.

Guns kill people like forks made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

I believe that if you are going to work in America, you should learn to speak English. However, I don't feel that you should be made to speak English in order to gain citizenship. Besides, English is for the Brits. Something that people seem to forget, English was not the first language spoken on this continent and the American Indians have their own languages distinct to their tribes.

As to your father and grandfather dying during wartime...tough. They obviously didn't have the wits about them to survive. :loco:

I'd feel safer letting machines tabulate the vote of this country if they weren't subject to hacking. I'd also feel safer if I knew that these same machines weren't built by corporations acting in their own self-interests that don't have to answer to the American people.

I have varying thoughts on each of those statements, but busted out laughing at "Cloud Magazine" :lol: :lol:

Blanket gun bans have pretty much been shown to be useless in the USA. Smart effective gun laws that do not trample all over someone who wants a gun for whatever reason are a good thing. Unfortunately very few such laws exist, instead laws are pushed in that make it harder for you and me to get one while tyrone and poondog have all they want. The government does not need a list of what YOU or I own. That in no way makes anyone safer except for the loons in government who want to take them.

Anyone who thinks frivilous gun laws makes anyone safer can buy the beachfront property on Mars that I have to sell.

That is a sad and pathetic piece of mail you have there Edgecrusher. Why don't you try to come with some opinions of your own and share them?

I don't like anything nationalistic. It's good to have pride in your country, if you want, but so many Americans (I'm American, just live in Italy) tend to believe that our government is some deity or something. They simply can't fathom that democratic governments make just as many (if not more) mistakes as fascist or communist governments. Americans, face it: WE WERE WRONG IN INVADING IRAQ IN THE MANNER THAT WE DID. Does that mean YOU are personally a shitty person? No. Get over this nationalistic blind pride and wake up. It IS the 21st century, after all.

One more thing: the word "real American" is bullshit. The only "real" Americans are the native Americans...we all came from somewhere else. Before Columbus, there were the Vikings in America. Ever wonder why some Native Americans look like Laplanders? Coincidence? You decide...

its in the Declaration of Independence. we, as americans, must as our DUTY, fight to uphold our freedoms and beliefs. we must defend what thousands have died for, be it a foreign power, a terrorist organization, and finally, what bush doesn't want you to think: the government itself. it is our duty to support governmental bodies that promote our freedoms and 'pursuit of happiness'. if the government strays from our best interest, it is our right and duty as citizens and patriots to CHANGE it.

too bad most americans believe in the government, and not themselves, each other, and what the founding fathers fought and died for.

Wow, I am thoroughly impressed. I feel EXACTLY the same way. It is a citizen's DUTY to work for change if they are not happy with their government. I feel that our gov't has now overstepped its bounds, and is borderline dangerous to us as citizens. I trust nothing that has to do with the US gov't anymore...I love my country, but my gov't needs a serious overhaul.

OK, let´s start with the begining

What it means to be a real American: A person born in America continent, not only The United States.
What it means to be a real American for a US citizens: To think the States is America.

I work hard every day I am supposed to so I can provide the best for my lovely wife and family. I pay my taxes, drink plenty of beer, play loads of guitar and playstation as well as listen to shit loads of metal music. I also own a shotgun and if someone wants to take any of those things away from me, I have ten boxes of buckshot they have to get through before they can.

Bryant (the redneck metal-head)

I agree with everyone on there. I hate being politically correct. My money is my own and I like the freedom of owning a gun to protect my family. I wish I could get a college fund for being white. Being white is basically like being a jew in the 40's now a days. Its wierd and taboo almost and if you are its wrong. The in thing is to be black, well fuck that.