What it means to be a REAL American.

Edgecrusher said:

I am sick of "Political Correctness" and of all the suck ups that go along with it.
Well, if not for centuries of political incorrectness, this backlash wouldn't be necessary. Political correctness is the next logical step being taken by civilization. Any Americans who do not embrace it simply can't be a trOO American! :headbang:

I agree with some of those statements, but many of them typify the greed and preudice that run rampant in the US and make me ashamed to be an American. What happened to liberty and justice for all?

I could refute that email, but why bother. You're too busy basking in utter American ignorance, throwing another grease-drenched fry into your mouth, tossing cans of beer onto the sidewalk, and flipping the TV from CNN to Monday Night Football.

No offense to Crusher, but this is nothing more than a "hipped up" version of the unofficial Republican platform. Party loyalty, spurred on by emails, posts, articles, and books like this, is a tremendous problem in the United States today. This loyalty is also supported by a culture of contempt. This post from Templar is a prime example. No offense to Templar, but the stereotype of an "ignorant redneck" is how the "liberal elites" express their contempt while the original post by Edge is how "ignorant rednecks" express their contempt for the "liberal elite."

I propose that we redefine what it means to be a citizen of the United States.

Email congress, please.

Our mass consumerism and self righteous bullshit is overwhelming. Funny how this country spawned off a good idea, but is doing nothing more than setting back human evolution even further. Given the fact that we elected bush again shows that we are still the same protestant, prude assholes that landed on plymouth rock. I agree with some of the statements, the rest is crap.

And yes the citizens should work to make this country better. However, we are to busy nitpicking little things that keep us divided that no group can step up to make things better. The democrats lack organization and the republicans lack common sense. Personally, being that pop culture consists on big flashy things to distract people and by denying principles like common sense and personal accountability, we are never going to progress. Ever.

Lykis

Here's a good example of hypocrisy in action:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/02/21/droopy.tm/index.html

Its a story about how Virginia is trying to impose a fine on any underpants that can be seen. To think, we're fighting a war in another country so they can have freedom and yet we, the mighty UNITED STATES, are telling our citizens in certain areas, that showing underpants is just down right illegal and obscene.

Lykis

well i believe that rednecks shouldnt be allowed to use the internet, because theyd just make spam like that...but there are some things in there i agree with...

FOR EXAMPLES -

The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television,and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America and see what happens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door

definitley...and now blacks are getting 10 extra points in college to erase past discrimination? please.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid and smack his/her little ass when necessary and say "NO."

this i definitley agree with...my views on hitting kids can all be seen in Denis Leary's comedy special, 'No Cure For Cancer'.

I am sick of "Political Correctness" and of all the suck ups that go along with it. I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa, so how can they be "African Americans"?
Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and no where else.

i clapped when i read that