Your Covers Votes for this Years Surprise Headline Set

BlackRoseMetalHeart

Metal Mistress
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD - USA
www.myspace.com
A big thanks to Glenn and to Pagan's Mind for offering to be somewhat of the "house band" for this very special performance. For further details please refer to the Surprise Headline Set & Major Schedule Change Annoucement thread - posted by Glenn earlier today.

Glenn asked that we do a requests thread seperately so please post them here. Hopefully at least a few of the bands participating will take some of our requests.

Personally I'd love to hear After Forever do their cover of "The Evil That Men Do." Other than that, I'd love to hear just about any of the bands on the bill cover any of the following:

The Zoo - The Scorpions
Anything by Dio (or Dio era Black Sabbath) - I think this would be particularly great coming from a singers like Ralph (Primal Fear) or Apollo (Firewind).
Anything by Warlock, preferably something like I Rule the Ruins or Touch of Evil :D (You had to know that was coming) - covered by Floor

I think a Judas Priest cover from Ralph (Primal Fear) would be cool as well, but I almost think that would be too easy for them. And far be it for me to complain if any vocalist besides this year's choice female vocalist wants to cover a Warlock (or Doro) tune. :D

There are plenty of other covers that will probably come to mind once I have time to mill over this a little more, but these are the top ones on my list. :headbang:

Thank you again, Glenn, for this awesome and very special surprise! :worship: :headbang:

Definitely want to hear Ray Alder play a Fates Warning tune (for obvious reasons...), perhaps Monument or We Only Say Goodbye.

Andy Kuntz singing a Dream Theater tune such as Surrounded or Under a Glass Moon.

Dave Defeis singing a Manowar tune...

Tony Kakko singing Black Diamond..

I could go on...

Your thoughts? :headbang:

my wishlist:

Stargazer - Dio-era Rainbow - Apollo or Lance or Nils!
anything early Savatage (pre-Zak) - Apollo (per The.Lost.Hatter)
anything from Accept - Ralf Sheepers
anything from the first three QR albums as long as Lance (or Apollo) is singing
Hail & Kill - ManOwaR - cheesy crowd-chanting singalong favorite of mine - David Defeis
Hell is for Children - Pat Benatar - Floor Jansen
anything ABBA - Floor Jansen

there - all fixed up, Glenn. :)

Before everyone starts just isting songs, please connect them with the vocalist. Otherwise, this thread will simply become a long list.

Btw, I'm hoping that Mattias and Gus duke it out.

Let's see, I know Rusty Cooley will be there so let's have Gus G. and Mattias and Rusty do a Progpower G3.

Lance King- Fire Dance(BoP), Queen of the Reich(I think that is the song)

Ray Alder- Any Fates Warning song

Floor Jansen- Deep Silent Complete, Final Countdown

i will try and think of more later.

Mattias - Faith No More's "We Care a Lot"

Ray Alder - "Saints in Hell" by Priest, or something by Queensryche

Ralf Scheepers - something from Gamma Ray - Insanity and Genius, preferrably "Brothers" or "Heal Me"... would not argue with some Priest from him as well

I'll let you guys pick the rest. ;)

We appreciate that so many people enjoy Ray's performances with Fates Warning.

Out of respect for the songwriters, there won't be any Fates Warning covers done by us or Ray. I understand that performing a cover isn't a show of disrespect, but this is at their request and I will honor it.

Sonata Arctica has a date in Florida on the 6th. Virgin Steele also have previous engagements and will not be in town on Saturday night.

Glenn

Glenn, are these the only two that shouldn't be around on Saturday or is it the only two you know of right now?

Mattias - Faith No More's "We Care a Lot"

Ralf Scheepers - something from Gamma Ray - Insanity and Genius, preferrably "Brothers" or "Heal Me"... would not argue with some Priest from him as well

Man, both of those suggestions are STELLAR! Couple of others I'd LOVE to see:

Lance King - "Man on the Silver Mountain"
Andy Kuntz - "I Don't Believe In Love"
Singers from After forever - "Phantom of the Opera"
Ralph Sheepers - "Bring Your Daugter To The Slaughter"
Singers from Communic or Raintime - "Practice What You Preach" or "Over The Wall"

This is so much fun!!!! Thanks Glen!

Ralf- Judas Priest "Night Crawler."
Floor- Nightwish "The End Of All Hope."
Apollo- Whitesnake "Slide It In" or Deep Purple "Smoke On The Water."
Ray- Anything from Fates.
Lance- Journey "Wheel In The Sky."