What cover songs would you like to hear this year?

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
I'm a sucker for a good cover song done right by one of my favorite metal bands. With that said, we heard a few covers at last year's festival. Out of this year's roster, what cover songs would you like for these bands to do? This should be a fun thread, but I'm thinking if we give some intelligent feedback then maybe Glenn could work some magic here and there. :heh:

Here's two cover songs that I'd love for two of this year's bands to perform for us.

After Forever - All We Are (Warlock cover) :worship:
Pagan's Mind - Walk In The Shadows (Queensryche cover) :worship:

~Brian~

I like the idea of this thread....

I don't know a ton of cover work by all the bands but I wouldn't mind hearing:

Vanden Plas - "Point of Know Return"
Sonata Arctica - "Two Minds One Soul"

Maybe I'll think of a few others in time...

Vanden Plas does a kick ass version of 'Point of No Return" by Kansas and "Kiss of Death" by Dokken... but I'd rather see any of their originals before they pull out a cover song...

Didn't After Forever cover "Who Wants to Live Forever" by Queen? I never heard that version... I know they did "Evil That Men Do" by Maiden but I wasn't impressed with that...

Vanden Plas does a kick ass version of 'Point of No Return" by Kansas and "Kiss of Death" by Dokken... but I'd rather see any of their originals before they pull out a cover song...

Didn't After Forever cover "Who Wants to Live Forever" by Queen? I never heard that version... I know they did "Evil That Men Do" by Maiden but I wasn't impressed with that...

I completely forgot about Kiss of Death -- that was a great cover I thought!

This was kind of fun to think about. Here's a couple that I wouldn't mind seeing.

Redemption - Monument (Fates Warning.....bet Ray already knows this one even :lol:)

Firewind - Rock you like a hurricane (Scorpions)

Primal Fear - Rainbow in the dark (Dio)

Virgin Steele - The power of thy sword (Manowar)

Threshold - The point of know return (Kansas)

After Forever - Chance (Savatage)

Redemption - Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Iron Maiden) -- Because Redemption should totally play a long cover to ensure that umm nm. See Redemption has no time for covers, unless its some fast song as they have more great songs that last longer than their time provides! Thus I encourage any band to take this on... particularly After Forver (why not!) or Sonata Arctica (they have the longest sets anyhow).

I'd love to see either Gethsemane or Point of Know Return by Vanden Plas.

And Redemption NEEDS to play something off Parallels. Preferably Point of View, but anything off that album will do.

Redemption - Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Iron Maiden) -- Because Redemption should totally play a long cover to ensure that umm nm. See Redemption has no time for covers, unless its some fast song as they have more great songs that last longer than their time provides! Thus I encourage any band to take this on... particularly After Forver (why not!) or Sonata Arctica (they have the longest sets anyhow).

Well, Sonata Arctica has covered some Helloween tunes in the past anyway. I Want Out would be a nice addition to their set I do believe. ;)

~Brian~