Your Covers Votes for this Years Surprise Headline Set

I don't care if anyone else does anything else as long as Nils breaks out some old KING DIAMOND and/or old MERCYFUL FATE. "The Oath" that he and EIDOLON covered is the best cover song I have ever heard in my life. That would make my weekend for sure!

Kuntz - "The Last Staw" or "Script for a Jester's Tear" (Marillion)
Alder - "Saturday Night" (Misfits)
King - "A Man I'll Never Be" (Boston)
Mac - "In a Darkened Room" (Skid Row)

Love the idea of someone doing a Triumph song, too.

EDIT: I'd love to see Floor team up with someone and do "This is the Hour" (Miss Saigon), as well.

I wonder if we could get Floor to belt out some Star One/Ayreon songs... that'd give me shivers.

If a few other vocalists would help out, "Day 11: Love" would be awesome!

And then maybe everyone could stick around for "Chance" or "Morphine Child" from Savatage. :)

I'll have to give some more thought to this one...

Just because you guys said this, somebody's gotta conspire with Pagan's Mind (or another band that weekend) to break into Marrgaritaville in the middle of song and push our fearless leader out on stage. :lol:
Common Glenn!

OH MAN!!!!! Great idea. this has got to happen, what do you say people let's all vote for Glenn doing a JB montage.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I don't really know the vocalists well enough to comment on who should do what...but I was thinking that it would be awesome if someone did anything from the first Boston disc (maybe even with multiple vocalists) as a Brad Delp tribute...

Besides that if someone did Steelheart - She's Gone it would be the greatest day of my life. :D

Jorn Viggo - Would love to hear him do his version of Eruption by Van Halen, After hearing his solo on Cold Sweat from Jorn's disc, I know it would be awesome.

Mattias - I like Metal Rose's Idea of Hanging Tough by the New Kids on the Block. Also would love to hear him do a version of Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top.

Apollo - Wow, a few from him. Seperate Ways - Journey, Bad Boys - Whitesnake, Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi, Show a Little Love - Lillian Axe, Seventeen - Winger Panama - Van Halen

Nils - Bark at the Moon - Ozzy, In Dark Places - Crimson Glory, Wasted Years - Iron Maiden

Ralf - PainKiller - Judas Priest, Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC

Floor - The Final Countdown - Europe, Kiss Me Deadly - Lita Ford,

Mac - Urgent - Foreigner, You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi, Wait - White Lion

Ray - Alone Again - Dokken, Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi, Mama I 'm Coming Home - Ozzy

David - Photograph - Def Leppard, Peace Sells - Megadeath

OddLeif - Sanitarium - Metallica, Master of Puppets - Metallica, Fade to Black - Metallica, Bleed - Angeldust

Claudio - Beat It - Michael Jackson, 18 and Life - Skid Row, Round and Round - Ratt, Wanted man - Ratt, Back for More - Ratt

Andy - Kiss of Death - Dokken, Shake Me - Cinderella, Fields of Gold - Sting, Every Breath You Take - The Police

Lance - Foolin - Def Leppard, Silent Lucidity - Queensryche, Youth Gone Wild - Skid Row

Micheal - Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden, To Hell with the Devil - Stryper,

Comments welcome.

Thank you

For starters, shame on you people who are requesting songs that have already been done by these singers, especially those who have requested songs from bands in which these folks have sung. I wouldn't exactly call those "covers." With that said, here are my suggestions:

Lance King: "The Ones Who Help To Set The Sun" by Dream Theater (an overlooked classic!)

Michael Gremio: "Caught Somewhere In Time" by Iron Maiden (he can do Helloween in his sleep. Besides, this is another overlooked classic)

Mattias Eklundh--"The Attitude Song" by Steve Vai (an obvious influence, but it would be interesting to hear his take on it. I couldn't think of a vocal tune for him)

Andy Kuntz--"Overnight Sensation" by Firehouse (I sincerely doubt this would get picked, but if anyone could do it, it would be Andy)

Oddleif Stensland--"Master Of Puppets" by Metallica (he can give it a somewhat cleaner sound)

Ray Alder--"Fight The Good Fight" by Triumph (would this not kick all forms of ass?)

Nils K. Rue--"Masque Of The Red Death" by Crimson Glory (I guess I'm not alone on suggesting CG, but I think this tune fits him best)

Apollo Papathanasio--"I'll See The Light Tonight" by Yngwie Malmsteen (every time I hear him, I think of Jeff Scott Soto)

Mac--"Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas (who can't picture him singing this?)

Ralf Scheepers--"Child In Time" by Deep Purple (we know he can do Priest! Give this guy something with a little more substance!)

I hope you like the suggestions.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

**dusts off thread**

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but last night I had a dream that the finale song for the all star jam was EVERYONE doing a version of...of...OF??!

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

I can't begin to tell you how awesome it sounded in my head...