Your Covers Votes for this Years Surprise Headline Set

Another suggestion I have for the Raintime boys is a personal hope of mine, for Claudio to do "One Rode To Asa Bay" by Bathory. I wouldn't have a care in the world what the other selections were, as long as One Rode To Asa Bay is covered by one of the vocalists.

Bathory/Quorthon = :worship:

Thank you for mentioning this. I think it would be a wonderful cover. And the 'Metal Gods' idea is pretty killer too. I like that. *thumbs up*

it JUST hit me the minute I closed my browser window.......

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

tell me PAGAN'S will do their cover of
AT THE GRAVES!!
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

That would be amazing :headbang: Put me down for At The Graves :kickass:

I was actually thinking of suggesting something by Bodom for the Raintime fellows. I was personally thinking Bed of Razors because it's my favorite song, but because of it being more well-known and has its history of getting the crowd while at Bodom shows, I think Hate Me! would be a better choice.

Triple Corpse Hammerblow!!:headbang: :kickass: :Smokin:

Another suggestion I have for the Raintime boys is a personal hope of mine, for Claudio to do "One Rode To Asa Bay" by Bathory. I wouldn't have a care in the world what the other selections were, as long as One Rode To Asa Bay is covered by one of the vocalists.

Great Song!:headbang:

There are so many other possibilites, especially for the last song. I've seen two suggestions, one for all of the vocalists to come out to cover Judas Priest's "Metal Gods", and another for all of them to come out and cover Queen's "Flash Gordon" theme song. I like the Metal Gods idea, but if they were to finish with a Queen cover, I think "Bohemian Rhapsody" would fit better for all the vocalists to join in.

I'd rather hear some OGRE BATTLE!!:kickass:

Methinks it would be awesome if Nils & Pagan's Mind would do a classic Queensryche epic, very few vocalists could pull that off as well as Nils, say:

Queen of the Ryche
Roads to Madness
Take Hold of the Flame

Now that would rock!:headbang:

Someone should do Billy Thorpes' Children of the Sun seeing how he died this year. Actually, they could just take turns singing.

Instead of going the obvious route of having metal singers do covers of other metal songs, or rock songs, I'm going to let my inner geek shine on this.

I am an unabashed theater geek. So here we go:

Mattias Eklundh - God, That's Good! from Sweeny Todd or King Herod's Song from Jesus Christ Superstar
Floor Jansen -
Lance King - Gethsemane from Jesus Christ Superstar
Andy Kuntz - Who Am I? from Les Miserables
Mike Gremio -
Ray Alder - Man of La Mancha from Man of La Mancha
Oddleif Stensland -
Ralf Scheepers -

I tried to pick songs that I thought would go with vocal quality and/or personality.

And I'll have to think of the others later, because my brain just decided to die. *falls over*

How about all the vocalists get together on stage and do Hear 'n' Aid's "We're Stars" for the grand finale!