Your Covers Votes for this Years Surprise Headline Set

So many possibilities....... :worship:

On the heavier end, the Raintime guys could do something killer by Bodom, say "Everytime I Die" or "Hate Me!"....

And of course, no metal covers gig is complete without at least one metalized version of "Mexican Radio" by Wall of Voodoo, "Cotton-Eyed Joe" by Rednex, or "Take On Me" by A-Ha. :lol:

And of course, no metal covers gig is complete without at least one metalized version of "Mexican Radio" by Wall of Voodoo, "Cotton-Eyed Joe" by Rednex, or "Take On Me" by A-Ha. :lol:

Mike Keneally used to do a KILLER cover of Mexican Radio during his live sets...I'll have to get you an MP3 for your own personal enjoyment. : )

Lance Queensryche's "Take Hold of the Flame" and Journey's "Wheel In The Sky"
Ray - Dio's "Last in Line"
Floor Heart's "Magic Man" and Warlock's "All We Are"
Andy - Dream Theater's "Pull me Under"
Nils - Crimson Glory's "Lonely"
Ralf - Helloween's "I Want Out"
Apollo - Whitesnake's "Still of the Night"

Zod

General Zod said:
Floor Warlock's "All We Are"
Zod
Damn, I have Zod's vote! I feel special. :p

~Brian~

I love this song and would certainly welcome a cover of it at ProgPower, but I just feel that there are so many more powerful Warlock songs that Floor could choose from. Is the reason several folks have suggested this particular Warlock tune because Floor/After Forever has previously covered this song? If so, where can I find it, 'cause I've never heard their cover of it.

These are some Awesome ideas...I'm gonna have to say Ralf doing Helloween, Lance doing Journey or Triumph, and Mattias doing Zappa stand out as highlights in my book. Yet, Apollo doing some Dio would be nice, also the Nils Mercyful fate thing would be cool.

I love this song and would certainly welcome a cover of it at ProgPower, but I just feel that there are so many more powerful Warlock songs that Floor could choose from. Is the reason several folks have suggested this particular Warlock tune because Floor/After Forever has previously covered this song? If so, where can I find it, 'cause I've never heard their cover of it.

To my knowledge they've never covered it, but it's one of my all time favorite fist pumpin' anthems. :headbang: It would be a kick ass tune to hear them do at ProgPower regardless.

~Brian~

BTW. Somebody to consider including as a singer is Freak Kitchen's bassist. Bjorn has an awesome voice (his primary 'instrument' is his voice anyhow. He plays bass .... because he wanted to be in Freak Kitchen ;p). He did sing last year and I'm sure most can say that they were hugely impressed.

So I'll so ... Bjorn doing ... Scorpions.

Good call on the Triumph covers, Kez.

Someone (maybe Andy?) needs to cover Saga's "On The Loose".

And let me state again that someone MUST play "The Final Countdown"! Ever since I saw that crap quality video of AF doing it on YouTube, I now must hear it at PP.

dt

Just so long as they don't do anything predictable, I'll be happy. For example, I hope Ralf Scheepers doesn't do a Judas Priest song.

Would love to hear some modern power or prog metal covers as well. I know that they'll probably be doing mostly classic rock and metal, but it would be cool to see them try something like Sonata Arctica did when they covered a Vanishing Point song.

80s pop covers are always welcome as well. I never get tired of hearing 80s or even modern pop tunes metallized.

BTW. Somebody to consider including as a singer is Freak Kitchen's bassist. Bjorn has an awesome voice (his primary 'instrument' is his voice anyhow. He plays bass .... because he wanted to be in Freak Kitchen ;p). He did sing last year and I'm sure most can say that they were hugely impressed.

So I'll so ... Bjorn doing ... Scorpions.

Bjorn's the drummer, but everything else is dead on. Christer does in fact have an awesome voice, as does Bjorn. This whole new announcement has MANY awsome possibilities!

Bjorn's the drummer, but everything else is dead on. Christer does in fact have an awesome voice, as does Bjorn. This whole new announcement has MANY awsome possibilities!

err. oops. I was going to double check just to be sure then I'm like 'nah I got it right!' hehe. But yeah Christer is great.

I'm sorry if anyone else has brought up this idea, but here it goes anyway.

"Hotel California" with three different lead vocalists for each verse, then have the rest of our excellent vocalists do the harmonies in the chorus, and then have Gus G. and IA perform the dual guitar solos at the end. It's a great song and besides, "Freebird" has been done to death.

I'm sorry if anyone else has brought up this idea, but here it goes anyway.

"Hotel California" with three different lead vocalists for each verse, then have the rest of our excellent vocalists do the harmonies in the chorus, and then have Gus G. and IA perform the dual guitar solos at the end. It's a great song and besides, "Freebird" has been done to death.

I'm thinking no one else has came up with this one yet. o_O

On the heavier end, the Raintime guys could do something killer by Bodom, say "Everytime I Die" or "Hate Me!"....

I was actually thinking of suggesting something by Bodom for the Raintime fellows. I was personally thinking Bed of Razors because it's my favorite song, but because of it being more well-known and has its history of getting the crowd while at Bodom shows, I think Hate Me! would be a better choice.

Another suggestion I have for the Raintime boys is a personal hope of mine, for Claudio to do "One Rode To Asa Bay" by Bathory. I wouldn't have a care in the world what the other selections were, as long as One Rode To Asa Bay is covered by one of the vocalists.

There are so many other possibilites, especially for the last song. I've seen two suggestions, one for all of the vocalists to come out to cover Judas Priest's "Metal Gods", and another for all of them to come out and cover Queen's "Flash Gordon" theme song. I like the Metal Gods idea, but if they were to finish with a Queen cover, I think "Bohemian Rhapsody" would fit better for all the vocalists to join in.