Your Feedback Needed: TEN TON ROLLERSKATE

Chris-RZ

Nov 18, 2002
Virginia, USA
www.readingzero.com
I think highly of those that frequent this board (and Perpetual Motion). I've known some of you for 10+ years, so I'm going to throw it out there and just hope that most "Get" the vibe in which it is intended. I have a new, fun project outside what most might expect from me! So if it isn't for you, that's cool. You can't please everyone, right!? If you dig it, we'd love to hear what hit home the most. Positive Energy!

I came up with the concept about 3 years ago. The concept was to take memorable 80's dance music and make it "cool" to listen to! Whether we want to admit it or not, the early 80's and the start of MTV was the soundtrack to many of our lives. I wanted to pay tribute to that feeling, yet make it dark and heavy enough for the guys, danceable and fun enough for the girls and still remain recognizable to all! I wanted to create ultimate party mix.

I recently ran into some vocal issues that were going to take surgery and healing time. It forced me to take a break my full-on metal project, Grimms Bridge, but gave me some time to do something a little less aggressive, yet still throw down in the meantime. I can't just sit around. I felt the time was right that I explore this concept and it would give me a chance to explore a different part of my range as well as work with some people I've been wanting to work with for a while.

I presented this idea to an amazing guitarist/producer friend of mine whose musical background, includes Metal Blade's, Thought Industry and production work with bands including Marcy Playground, Good Charlotte and Filter. We then brought the whole concept to a great friend that can rock the guitar, while bringing that ever so important female element that was so prevalent in 80's music to the fold. Girl Power, baby!
All 3 of us can sing, so I grabbed the bass and we started to lay it down in the studio. It was exciting from the first second and all of us stood in disbelief that our voices fit so well together with little work. We spent the last 8 weeks or so, laughing our way thru the process and banging out some really cool interpretations of that era of tunes. When family and friends heard it, they were totally blown away and really got behind us to move forward with it.
TEN TON ROLLERSKATE has been the ultimate secret("Strong Enough for a man, but made for a woman"), since its' inception 2 month ago. A very select few have been made privy until this last couple of weeks! Now it's getting local Rock Radio Airplay in the Iron City and the response has been pretty awesome. Sometimes, Magic Happens.

Throw on your legwarmers, pour yourself a cold Tab and prepare to be BeDazzled back to the early 80's, but be careful not to get too much Bubblegum Pop all over your new Zips, Roos or Jellies.

http://www.myspace.com/tentonrollerskate

In a time when we are losing some of our musical heroes, it's feels good to be able to present a musical smile to some.

:headbang:I bow down to your graces and hope that you can take a moment to help us out by introducing TEN TON ROLLERSKATE to your friends, as M.U.K.E. (Metal's Utlimate K-tel Experience)!

If you dig what we've done, please "Like" our Facebook page and/or "Friend" our myspace page, so we can keep you up to date and have some ideas and opportunities to make you part of this fun little journey.

Drop us a line! Throw us some song ideas you want to hear! Pass it on!

"Ed and I, thank you for your support" -Bartles & James Wine Coolers

Thanks for being part,
Chris Roy
Stage Manager, ProgPower USA
Singer/Bassist, Ten Ton Rollerskate
Singer, Grimms Bridge
Singer/Bassist, Reading Zero

Thumbs up! You can't help but to sing along.

~Jen

This is fun stuff for sure. Your right in that the 80's pop along with 80's metal was the soundtrack to my youth so its always fun to hear stuff like this. It made me recall I had a friend in a death metal type band in the early 90's and he and I would play pop music for kicks in speed/death metal style. My favorite was Rock Lobster. Keep it up bro!

I was hooked after listening to the first song. Fun stuff and everyone knows the lyrics! :headbang:
I think you guys should play an off-night at the festival (maybe next year?) and turn Center Stage into a roller rink. :lol:

Chris, this rules dude, did you use the Steve Vai guitar with the handle spackled in? LOL

Really, this is fun stuff. I wish we'd recorded our version of "Sunglasses At Night".....

I thought this was band spam! Didn't know you were involved with it....Now I feel bad! Still have your FB page req.... Will check it out after the Primal fear show tonight, and post back with any thoughts.....You should do "Slag Shack" to the B-52's Love Shack.......lol

A friend of mine from my tech days in Chicago is in an 80's tribute band 16 Candles. Do I smell a tour or is it just a Slag Shack flashback? :lol: