Your first show of 2007?

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
What's going to be your first concert of 2007?

*Note* Even if it's not metal, cowboy up and write it down! :lol:

I'll go ahead and answer my own question. I'd like for it to be the Metal Church show in Nashville, but I don't see that happening. With that said, I'll be going to Winterjam 2007 which kicks off here in Johnson City, TN on January 12th. It's not metal, but I still like it! :oops:

So far, looks like it will be Virgin Steele at the Dublin Pub, LI on Jan. 19th. Unless, some other east coasters have some good suggestions before then.

House of Lords at Jaxx on January 20th. What a GREAT cd House of Lords came up with! For me, it's the one that I think they should have made to begin with to live up to all the hype!

I'll be attending a couple of different local metal shows involving my son's band, Eclipsed by Sanity over the next few weeks. But the one I am anticipating the most is the one I put together. :heh:

As far as touring national acts, I have none planned to attend yet. And I am even less likely than you to attend the Metal Church show in Nashville. :erk:

I believe it's at The Webster. Give me a buzz as I've got flyers for this at home. I can give you more details then.

(Supposedly playing with Scar Symmetry, Mnemic, Pullout Method and one other band...)

-Metal

Scar Symmetry dropped that one some time ago. Pullout Method...that sounds...interesting....... :lol:

Testament with Vicious Rumors and Ruffians at the Independent Club in San Francisco on January 27th, can't wait to see that show!!!

I believe it's at The Webster. Give me a buzz as I've got flyers for this at home. I can give you more details then.

(Supposedly playing with Scar Symmetry, Mnemic, Pullout Method and one other band...)

-Metal

Arsis replaced Scar Symmetry on that tour. Go and support Noah playing bass for them!
I'm catching this tour when it hits Atlanta - it's supposed to be God Forbid, Goatwhore, Mnemic, Arsis, and The Human Abstract.

As for my first show... I suppose Widespread Panic on New Years Eve counted, didn't it? It certainly lasted into the first hours of 2007!

First show of the year will be Tarot for me, going to probably be the weirdest Tarot show in my life so far. It will be at a Youth Center in my hometown and the show goes on a Sunday from 2pm to like 7.30pm with first a bunch of probably pretty bad local bands and then Tarot headlining. It's an alcohol free show (oh no!) and I guess they have targeted it for like kids and teenagers or something - should be interesting.

In addition to that one this January will be very good concertwise too. I can't especially wait to see Arjen for the first time (first time he ever plays Finland too), other gigs this January for me:
19.1.2007 Stream Of Passion featuring Ayreon / Silentium / Lullacry (at Nosturi, Helsinki)
26.1.2007 Ensiferum / Exsecratus (at Lutakko, Jyväskylä)
31.1.2007 KTU featuring Pat Mastelotto, Trey Gunn, Kimmo Pohjonen & Samuli Kosminen (at Lutakko, Jyväskylä)

Testament with Vicious Rumors...

shocked032.gif

*sniffle* but... but... I wanna go.

:worship: