Bands you should like....but don't?

I can't get into Goatwhore, lolololol, and I tried, lolololol...How can ANYONE not like GOATWHORE??????????????:lol::lol::lol:

in my shock and amazement i forgot to list who i don't like.

Redemption

I should be shocked and amazed if it wasn't for the fact that Redemption is a band I do like but not as interesting as The Flower Kings for example. So it's all about your taste, no problem :saint:

i am honestly, shocked. i mean liking every album by all of these bands isn't necessary but to NOT like Queensryche Mindcrime/Warning , Motley Crue Shout At The Devil, Slayer Reign In Blood, Van Halen Fair Warning, Led Zeppelin IV, King Diamond Them, Kiss Destroyer, The Cult Sonic Temple and on and on and on.

these are some of the most ESSENTIAL bands/albums that helped lay the foundation of the hard rock/heavy metal world you exist in now.

am i alone on this one in being so shocked?

Just because they're essential that doesn't mean I like them. You buy records because you like the music or just because to follow a trend within the metalhead community? (I'm not attacking you just an honest curious question).

Man... wouldn't it have been easier to just say "The only band I like is Wolf!"? :heh:

In a way yes you're right, Wolf rules :headbang:. I know I'm pretty limited in the bands I like. When I started with metal over 25 years ago I was into 5 bands at the most, with the passing of time I decided to broaden my spectra since I felt I had to fit a profile as a metalhead...big mistake. Now I realize I should stick to bands I really like and not buying stuff just to prove I do listen to X or Y. I believe I have a lot of albums/bands I shouldn't got into, nor that I dislike them but they not make me hot either and I could have saved that money and space.

Sometimes I think about weeding my collection, but here were I live the market for used CDs is limited and in the end I rather play those albums 2-3 times a year than loosing money by sell them to some local store.
That's why I'm so grateful about free downloads, I'm able to listen to an album before the purchase and thus be sure about where my money goes.

I see it more as a band that you should like because of how similar they are to ones you do like.

I like Sonata Arctica. I do not like Stratovarius.

I like a lot of Dream Theater clones. I do not like Dream Theater.

Well a bit that's my point if I already have one or two bands I like why I should have 10 similar bands? Seems like boring to me (not to mention expensive :lol:).

And thanks to all for reading and bring your own thoughts, it's stimulating to have a nice good discussion in a forum. Hope to meet you at PPX (I'm the short bald guy from Costa Rica :D)

Are you talking about "Visual Kei"?

That's the one, I have only listened to it for about 1 minute and never will understand the reason for it or will i ever listen to it in any depth, I just can't get into it or the visual part. I can get into Amon Amarth, Ensifuriun, Alestorm, Turisas, and more bands like that than I can get into that visual kei stuff

The weight lifting part made me laugh. However, what I want to know is, why do they have the singer curling a 12.5 pound dumbbell, which is lighter than what most women curl, yet show the bass player curling 215 pounds on a barbell? I've never even seen any of the 'roid freaks at the gym curl that kind of weight. I think the bass player's Dad shot the video. :lol:

Zod

You know what I think the problem is? They just got the stickered numbers on the side all jumbled up. One says 215, the other says 12.5. but its still the same 6 oz. piece of styrafoam. :)

Yep, you get what you pay for! :lol:

:err:
Jag Panzer is new school, but Pantera are old school??????????

I guess Harry Conklin's spiked hair and nail polish DID give people a new perception of the band!!! :)

Uh, HELLO MCFLY?! Didn't Jag Panzer, originally come out in the early to mid-1980's?! So wouldn't that also make them OLD SKOOL too?!:headbang:

Just because they're essential that doesn't mean I like them. You buy records because you like the music or just because to follow a trend within the metalhead community? (I'm not attacking you just an honest curious question).

How would i be following a trend owning all the albums i mentioned EXCEPT for Led Zeppelin IV since they were released? please note i didn't mention any current bands with relevent records, but i too being 37 have been with metal since my dad purchased Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow album for me when i was 13. i don't think any of us can be trendy simply moving with metal through the years. once metal, always metal, but the scene just changes around us and we find the new bands who have made those changes.

i was just slightly shocked that's all because to not own and adore the albums mentioned for me would be a crime. but like i said we are all entitled to our opinions.

but i do recommend getting Van Halen Fair Warning and cranking it to 11 one night. Eddie Van Halen guitar tone is godly.

How would i be following a trend owning all the albums i mentioned EXCEPT for Led Zeppelin IV since they were released?

That was one of my first albums, I still have on vinyl but no longer appeals me.

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow album for me when i was 13

I got that one when I was way older than that, amazing album. To me Rainbow is an essential band to be checked at least.

i was just slightly shocked that's all because to not own and adore the albums mentioned for me would be a crime. but like i said we are all entitled to our opinions.

Then you shock too easily :p, I'm surprised by people here mentioning they don't like Motorhead, Sabaton, Astral Doors, Megadeth, Pink Floyd an other bands I love. But again like you said and I too, each person is a world and has its own taste.
A buddy in the Old School forum said once he likes better Blaze than Bruce with Maiden...well that's shocking to me :zombie:

but i do recommend getting Van Halen Fair Warning and cranking it to 11 one night. Eddie Van Halen guitar tone is godly.

Was the first VH album I had, bored me to death and I got rid of it so many years ago I can't recall how many :lol:. And for guitar anyday give me Ritchie Balckmore or Tony Iommi, they are gods.