Any Bands you have done a complete 180 on?

Delain. I was not impressed by the limited amount I heard from April Rain. The cover photo didn't help. As a result, I blew off their PP performance to power nap and watch Bama beat up on Penn St. Then when We Are the Others came out, I couldn't stop listening to it.

I was really cynical about them when they were announced. I expected just another chick singer, but I gave them a shot anyway. They are quite a bit more than that, and I'm glad I got to see them live. I would love to see them play the fest again.

Stratovarius. I really hated the early to mid 90's power metal bands coming out with the sickly sweet hooks and safe music. I really couldn't stand Stratovarius, Edguy and Hammerfall and I mostly stick by that to this day. I remember hearing Against the Wind when that album came out and I nearly vomited. Then I heard Visions and I thought hmm that's not too bad. Now I consider that one of the best power metal albums around. Still don't like the early albums but really dig everything from Visions onward.

Stratovarius. I really hated the early to mid 90's power metal bands coming out with the sickly sweet hooks and safe music. I really couldn't stand Stratovarius, Edguy and Hammerfall and I mostly stick by that to this day. I remember hearing Against the Wind when that album came out and I nearly vomited. Then I heard Visions and I thought hmm that's not too bad. Now I consider that one of the best power metal albums around. Still don't like the early albums but really dig everything from Visions onward.

Episodes was my first from them, and still remains my favorite. Visions is a close second!!

I will say this about Megadeth: I never really need to see them live again. I've seen them four times. Dave finally played Sweating Bullets when they did Countdown all the way through...and so as they come out with more "okay" albums, I'll likely never really have a need to see them live again.

Every time I've gone to see Megadeth, I lasted about 6 songs and left. I have tried to get into them a lot, but unfortunately it's just not meant to be...

Yea, I cannot even enjoy Megadeth as a nostalgia act anymore. I was a fan up through Cryptic Writing (so I made it further than many of you). Even though I can't really stand their music now, they were on a bill a few years ago and I thought "this should be good at least to hear the classics". I did not even enjoy them on that level, not sure why they just sounded flat and boring.

Cryptic Writing is my favorite Megadeth album I think. That said, after having seen them for the Rust in Peace anniversary tour a few years back I can say that I don't need to see them again.

Kid Rock - I used to despise him. I couldn't stand rap rock in general and him in particular. I thought he was the worst of the worst making hits out of samples thinking that meant no musical talent, and using his name in just about every song. Then I saw him live and was blown away. His cheap ticket thing and charity work now make me see more than an arrogent asshole too. I now think he puts on one of the best live shows out there and think he has some great songs, although I still don't listen to his CDs that often.
He comes on Howard Stern a lot. He comes across as a very cool guy.

As for a complete 180... Queensryche. They use to be my favorite band, now they're like Bigfoot... I deny their existence.

Nightwish. I remember being at the vendor tables making fun of the operatic singing. I missed "the moment" during walking in the air.

About 3 months later a buddy of mine bought Century Child. :OMG: I have regretted missing that performance since, and probably will for the rest of my life.

Yea, I cannot even enjoy Megadeth as a nostalgia act anymore. I was a fan up through Cryptic Writing (so I made it further than many of you). Even though I can't really stand their music now, they were on a bill a few years ago and I thought "this should be good at least to hear the classics". I did not even enjoy them on that level, not sure why they just sounded flat and boring.

I actually like most of their albums, but I agree in terms of live. I saw them on the Gigantour with Motorhead and had to walk out. I won't ever see them again unless they're with a really good band.

Another one I can think of is Soilwork. I didn't despise them, but I think I only heard the song Stabbing the Drama and maybe a couple other singles and I wasn't impressed. In 2010 I went to one of their headline shows (because I liked two of the supporting bands) and I didn't stay 'till the end, but my interest was piqued. Picked up The Panic Broadcast for like $5 used and I still wonder what took me so long to get into them.

While I would never call this a full 180, I can listen to the first few Freedom Call albums now without getting angry. :lol: There, I said it.

I'll think of a few more. I know I hated Serenity when the first album came out, and they totally won me on the second one. Katatonia was another band that I didn't "get" when I checked for the first time, and now I like.

Coheed and Cambria - I loved the early albums (and still do love SSTB and IKSSE3), but after Claudio took the band on tour without the bassist and drummer (Josh!) only to play less than mediocre sets I found I loathed them. Add that I didn't cared for more than 75% of what they made after that. I jsut stopped giving them a chance.

Pain of Salvation - I love Entropia. Song for the Innocent is one of my favorite solos. i got BE. But this new stuff... where'd the prog metal go?

Opeth - after I got out of my death phase I couldn't handle any cookie monster vocals (hadn't been into Opeth during that phase) until Damnation. That opened the door back up for tasteful growling and incredible music.

I'm sure there are more but this is good for now.

Gamma Ray. When I realized that so much of the riffs and music were completely unoriginal and note-for-note plagiarized, my zeal for the band died.

Coheed and Cambria. My then-girlfriend tried getting me into this band, but all I could like was "Welcome Home." Fast-forward a few years to this April - a girl I was dating gave me In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, and after listening to it a few times, it clicked. Now I have every album, and I play them start to finish every day at work. *shrug*