Cheers 'N' Jeers VII

I only saw a couple people wearing them and I wasn't one of them, so I have no idea.

Another Jeer:
* The mixup at the end of Epica's set that was a tease that they were going to do an encore. The houselights came on, and people started going out. Then they went off again and we went crazy. Then they curtain closed. ARGH!

Cheers -

- The guy who tried to start getting everyone to say ep-i-ca, ep-i-ca, but failed miserably haha
- Mattias for putting on one hell of a fucking show
- mercenary for covering the pantera song
- vision divines singer for being fucking INCREDIBLE
- Jorn for playing Soulburn, i was REALLY wanting to hear that song
- everyone there for just being very cool and friendly

jeers

- guy who kept butting in front of my view during epicas set to take pictures when he easily could have from the spot he was in
- who ever left a full can of beer on the floor right in front of the right entrance for me to get my shoe soaked in zzz

General Zod said:
Cheers
1. Glenn... while the quality of the line-up will always be subjective, the quality of the festival never will be. Thank you.
2. The crowd. Hard to find a cooler group of 1,200 people.
3. Stars. I loved that song back in the day, and what we saw Saturday night was the closest thing we'll ever see to having it recreated live. Technical difficulties aside, it ruled!

Jeers
1. Disturbed's management for rescheduling Disturbed's european tour during ProgPower weekend.

Zod

I agree 100%.. I didn't want be mr. negativity and post bad things about the show, as this year there weren't that many bands that interested me... But still, I LOVED the fest this year.. Just the whole experience is worth the trip..
So, I couldn't have used better words...

OH! It also sucked to have forgotten my all my stuff at home! LOL That's right.. I went to prog power with nothing else other than my wallet and the clothes I had on..:lol: Yeah, I am a moron... LOL

AngraRULES said:
Next time you can be a fucking man and come talk to her (and her boyfriend) directly into their faces, rather than being a fucking pussy and say that behind a computer. Call me a jealous asshole, or whatever, but for right now, fuck Off. Next year you can come directly to me if you have any questions or comments. Until then, like I said before FUCK OFF. I get very defensive when it comes to this matter, and don't blame me.

And if I have the possibility of saying that to your face, you can be DAMN SURE I will. That being said, once again, go fuck yourself.

Edit - Apology to Deron and Glenn.

Edit-I apologized to you and edited the post. Calm the hell down.

High Speed Kurt said:
Edit-I apologized to you and edited the post. Calm the hell down.

Those who know me, know I get very defensive when it comes to this. Don't ask me to calm down after saying that, cause I really won't. I am really not here to make any enemies or anything, however I do appreciate your apology. I have never ever disrespected you and I take your original post (now deleted) as a big disrespect towards me. That explains my reply, and at the moment, I meant it.

Original post deleted (although you had to show my class by quoting me, lol and I usually am pretty calm) and apology accepted. Just be more respectful towards women, show them you have class. They're not your objects. Maybe that's a reason for you need to check out women at concerts rather than having your own and spending quality time with her. Just my two cents.

And yes, maybe I'm overreacting. Then again, who hasn't ever done that?

Yippee38 said:
* The mixup at the end of Epica's set that was a tease that they were going to do an encore. The houselights came on, and people started going out. Then they went off again and we went crazy. Then they curtain closed. ARGH!

Yes, I remember this. I was very mad about that, an ultra tease. :yuk:

Cheers from me:
-Sean (Q), Linda, and Steph-Thanks again for everything Sean. Really enjoyed Saturday afternoon with the three of you.
-Dave, Michelle, and Anne Marie (Beyond Ear Candy)-still wish you guys were my neighbors. Of course we would need liver transplants soon.
-Deron-if you need help stuffing next year I'm there.
-Shane-Thursday night kicked my ass
-Leatherwolf
-Metalseamstress
-Ed, Donnie, and Dave
-C.C.

Jeers:
-Life is too short to get hung up on the negatives!! :kickass: :headbang:

Yippee38 said:
Cheers:
* Whomever came up with the nametags. I only saw about 3 people wearing them though. It was cool though. I saw one guys wearing one and it was Pyramaze51. I walked right over and introduced myself and had a nice chat with him. I would not have if he weren't wearing the nametag. I suggest we really do nametags next year.

That was me.

I jeered myself earlier, though, because I didn't commit to it, and wandering out from the hotel in an attempt to buy nametags, until Friday afternoon. So, no-one knew what was going on and people had to see us wearing them to ask for them.

But, as I said..... There. Were. Leftovers. :heh:

Cheers:
- The tape on the stairs helped a lot!
-People not being assholes about saved seats
- Freak Fucking Kitchen
- Pantera Cover! Stage diving!
- Word of the day: SHIT
- Meeting the people who I wanted to meet! And seeing old friends
- Free night at a hotel
- Free booze
- My roommate for giving me some space to do what I wanted with out getting upset. You rule!
- Getting to know many people much better.
- Finding someone who, for the weekend, made me feel like I was a queen.
- For knowing that ProgPower isn't real life.

JEERS:
- Married men hooking up with unknowning single women. Seriously not cool
- Being bumped to a hotel that was a lot farther than we were intially told and not having shuttle service.
- Glenn for missing my tribute to him by having crew call in the middle of the day! Grrr.
- People bitching they couldn't video tape.
- For knowing that ProgPower isn't real life.

-Metal

Pellaz said:
I jeered myself earlier, though, because I didn't commit to it, and wandering out from the hotel in an attempt to buy nametags, until Friday afternoon. So, no-one knew what was going on and people had to see us wearing them to ask for them.

I saw that post, but I forgot where I saw it, and who posted it. Great idea man.

Hey, almost forgot this.

CHEEERS to the person who found a girly tee on the floor somewhere between the PPUSA t-shirt table and Evergrey's t-shirt table during "Merchandise Madness" on Friday after opening. I'd gotten a girly tee for MtnDewQueen88 and somehow it slipped out from under my belt. Hell, it was a size small girly tee, which means it weighs about as much as a feather and isn't much bigger. Whew!

Someone found it and returned it to the PP t-shirt table. When I got there to try to buy a replacement I happened to mention the loss. "Oh! Good thing you mentioned that! Someone turned it in! Here it is!"

THAT ruled. It's the sort of thing that makes the ProgPower audience so awesome! :kickass:

Pellaz said:
Hey, almost forgot this.

CHEEERS to the person who found a girly tee on the floor somewhere between the PPUSA t-shirt table and Evergrey's t-shirt table during "Merchandise Madness" on Friday after opening. I'd gotten a girly tee for MtnDewQueen88 and somehow it slipped out from under my belt. Hell, it was a size small girly tee, which means it weighs about as much as a feather and isn't much bigger. Whew!

Someone found it and returned it to the PP t-shirt table. When I got there to try to buy a replacement I happened to mention the loss. "Oh! Good thing you mentioned that! Someone turned it in! Here it is!"

THAT ruled. It's the sort of thing that makes the ProgPower audience so awesome! :kickass:

Hey, that was me! First I walked up and down the line for the Evergrey shirts asking everyone if they dropped it. Luckily, everyone was cool and no one lied about it. Then I brought it over to Dave and Brenda, (some of the coolest people at the fest, btw) and told them to hang on to it, in case the person who lost it came back. I'm was sooooo hoping whoever lost it would do just what you did. I was so happy to get my small girlie, I'd hate to see someone else lose out on theirs and there weren't many! Glad it was you. Couldn't have helped out a nicer guy. :) Thanks for posting this. Was wondering if it ever got back to the owner.

Yippee38 said:
Yeah. I'm with you on that one. I feel especially bad about "Nav". He is the guy from Trinidad, but I don't know if he's on the boards. The whole pre-party I was calling him some other crazy name (don't remember what). It was so loud in the Vinyl, that I had to have him repeat it several times, and even then kept forgetting it and calling him something else. I thought I finally got it right the next day, but somebody else said his name, and said it differently, so I just started calling him "Nav" (he did suggest that earlier). Anybody know his full name? I think Empress knows it. He was a very cool guy.

I believe his name is Navin. He was really nice. I don't know if he reads the forum though.

ReaLM said:
I believe his name is Navin. He was really nice. I don't know if he reads the forum though.
Yep, it was Navin. He was hanging out by himself Wednesday night, outside the Grenada, so I invited him to have dinner with me and some friends. Super nice guy, very into music. I told him he needs to start posting here. Hopefully he'll do so.

Zod