Cheers and Jeers

Heavenly Call

Jul 30, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.myspace.com
Cheers:
Glenn and Jen - you guys are amazing.

The sponsorship program - truly sets the festival apart

The people - I don't really talk to too many of you, but I still love the vibe of the festival, very much a family.

All the bands for bringing it, but a SPECIAL CHEER to Myrath, Circus Maximus, Wolf, and Sabaton. You guys made my weekend.

Playing next year's video BEFORE the last band Friday! HELL YEAH!!! That was so much better

Nathan's lineup for the pre-show next year!

Jeers:
Not really any for me that were festival related. There was a VERY annoying group of people at DaVinci's saturday night that kind of ruined our dinner, but that has nothing to do with the festival.

Cheers:
-All of the bands brought their A-game this year, but I have to give a special shout-out to Wolverine, Divinity Compromised, Circus Maximus and Armored Saint.
-The festival really operated like a well-oiled machine this year. There were barely any unnecessary delays between acts that I could tell.

Jeers:
-The only one I can think of was a lack of food options at the Vinyl bar. I missed getting a BBQ chicken sandwich this year.

Cheers- Glenn for killing the "Rhapsody white light" for Friday/Saturday
Wolf, Armored Saint, Divinity Compromised, Myrath, Xandria, Circus Maximus and everybody else. The lineup was stellar again. I've never been disappointed with the bands.
Next years roster....fucking amazing!
The pizza dude for keeping hot food options available.
Lance King for having every cd on my list.
CDInzane for his insane sales at the end. Every year my wife goes home pissed at me by my Saturday purchases lol
Gold badge privileges. There are so many positives to getting in early every year. Thank you.
The camera rule. Very nice to take photos every year. My photo's may suck, but I enjoy trying to figure out the cam every year!

Jeers- The security guy on the left stage side. I was yelled at for being on the steps, near the stage, on the floor etc...Sitting down is not an option when I'm trying to deliver great photo's lol yeah right
The lack of free water in the venue...ITS WATER! It should be free!
The vendor area not being ready. I almost missed on a few shirts because I was told they weren't ready, only to come back and find out they were almost sold out! 10 minutes should not sell something out!
The bands for not capitalizing on the merch sales. Don't under-estimate this festival. It can make or break a band.
Waiting 364 days until next year....so far away!

cheers
some memorable performances....Myrath,Armored Saint,Circus Maximus,Sabaton,Shadow Gallery,Damnation Angels
meeting up with and talking to friends from around the world
Varasano's every year
awesome weather(I love it hot)

Jeers..
next year I split for a condo...
sure sign that I'm getting old is the amount of times I passed out during sets despite the fact I barely had anything to drink
the sobering thought that one day this is going to be over that I seem to get on every Sunday after the fest,

Agree on the Merch. The merch for Sabaton was particularly pitiful, with only one or two Tshirts, plus a banner. This would have been a great opportunity to roll out the live DVD set that is coming out in a few weeks.

And I also agree on the Saturday sales. I was able to pick up a bunch of stuff for $5 each. I forgot who the table at the far end of the merch (by the windows was), but they also had some good deals by the end of the day on Saturday as well.

Pros: All bands and the atmosphere as usual
$5 cds at CDINZANE

Cons: Only pizza? No free water? Special CM
T-shirt and Wolf Jersey run out pretty quickly!

These bands aren't on tour. You cannot expect FULL tour merchandise selections for a one off gig. 2 shirts is plenty for a show like this. Also be thankful for what they can sneak over in luggage. ;)

I know this will be a shock to most but ZERO jeers. It was all a blast. Armored Saint, Soilwork, Myrath and Wolf killed it. Excellent job all around. \m/

Cheers to elevator working all weekend so we could put all our purchases in the trunk and get back to the show. :)

Did the water fountain not work? I drank from it all day both days. It was wonderful.

The water fountain by the long bar? I checked twice and both times it was off, as in, not producing water. Its great that the venue wants to make as much profit as possible, but charging for water is like date rape.

Cheers:
Glenn, Jen, Crew, Nathan, and often overlooked PPUSA volunteers.
Vespucci's and Sausalito.
Vendors.
Mindcage sponsorship.

Jeers:
None.

Cheers: Glenn & Jen for everything!
Zaher from Myrath for taking me (Jodene) backstage
Will from Damnation Angels for promoting the cupcakes all weekend and then eating LOADS at the after party!
Everyone who ordered from us, or said hi and thanked us

Jeers: Having to wait a year to do it all again!

Cheers to Glenn and crew for another awesome ProgPower. After a 2-year hiatus I've been reminded why I would come year after year. Dallas enjoyed the hell out of her first ProgPower after hearing me talk about it for so long. Really looking forward to next year's!

Cheers as well to all the friends, both old and new, who make this festival so great to attend. I love you guys :3

My only jeer would be to a couple of the pigheaded disrespectful try-hards at the Artmore afterparty whose pitifully rude pickup lines towards Dallas only reaffirmed why you will be forever alone.

Already counting the days till PPUSA XV!

Cheers:

Everything. Everything was fantastic! This was my 6th consecutive attendance, and *almost* rivaled the sheer awesomeness of 2011. 2nd best is still fuckin' excellent.

except for the one Jeer I have:

The mixing for Heaven's Cry was actually quite bad, and I know it seems like a pissy thing to complain about but compared to every other act, it was entirely too loud. Like, to the point of being actually painful. Ruined what should have otherwise been a stellar set; it was clear even through the mixing muddiness that they were on their A game.

So, when I had my fingers stuck in my ears it sounded great, which made me wonder if the dude at the table was wearing earplugs.

It was definitely too loud. I eventually gave up and went outside. I could hear pretty well sitting outside as well :)
Cheers:

Everything. Everything was fantastic! This was my 6th consecutive attendance, and *almost* rivaled the sheer awesomeness of 2011. 2nd best is still fuckin' excellent.

except for the one Jeer I have:

The mixing for Heaven's Cry was actually quite bad, and I know it seems like a pissy thing to complain about but compared to every other act, it was entirely too loud. Like, to the point of being actually painful. Ruined what should have otherwise been a stellar set; it was clear even through the mixing muddiness that they were on their A game.

So, when I had my fingers stuck in my ears it sounded great, which made me wonder if the due at the table was wearing earplugs.

OH! the mixing issue bring does bring up one jeer from Circle II Circle set. After they finished the Wake set and started in on their own material the kick drum mic wasn't working and you could totally tell when the drummer was using both kicks in a triplet you only heard the left kick drum. I was surprisingly shocked the sound guy didn't notice the kick being gone since it was nice and thumping through the first half of the set. I mean when Zak did the Iron Maiden song it was still not there which was a shame because he was rocking some great footwork.

Cheers: Awesome performances by every band I watched (and I hear the ones I missed were equally good)
No smoking in the Vinyl! I didn't have a hangover all weekend as a result (I'm allergic to tobacco)
To me for sitting when possible. My feet and knees won't take a week to feel normal again.
To the most polite mosh-pit I've ever seen. It was awesome when one guy fell and everybody helped him up. As soon as he got up, he put his hand on his eye (I assume he lost a contact) and within a second or two, every other person in the pit had their phone lights on the floor to help the guy look.
As always, the ProgPower USA community.

Jeers: People not being able to party, yet stay in control (including some band members)
To the people who started trying to get some of our pizza in the Armore courtyard before either of us even had time to eat any ourselves.