Cheers and Jeers!

It's all been said a hundred times, or more...

Cheers:

- Glenn & Crew
- Old, familiar faces
- New, soon to be old, familiar faces
- The Cheetah (Yay hotties)
- The Vortex, specifically the Double Bypass Burger
- Junkman's Daughter

Jeers:
- Inn at the Peachtrees. Looked like a total piece of crap this year. Cockroaches?!?!
- Nowhere near as much partying at IatP either.
- Georgia's rules regarding clubs like the Cheetah. No poles?!
- My lack of knowledge of next year's bands

Oh, Atlanta drivers are HORRIBLE, especially when you're walking. As a fairly frequent pedestrian, I tell you, you're taking your life into your hands any time you walk anywhere in this town. Seriously, Atlanta was in the top 3 in pedestrian deaths in the US not too long ago.

And one last jeer: to the creepy guy that was apparently eavesdropping on our (very, very tame) conversation outside our hotel room. As in, we were inside with the door closed, he was outside. Maybe this is also the mysterious moaner??? lol

-

- THe Reverend Su - you are such a damn doll and brighten up the place just being there - hopefully we weren't too out of control :)

Cheers to anything & everything about the best damn festival around.
Jeff

Jeff, you totally rock!!! can't wait to see you guys next year!!

PM me with your email so i can send you the pix we took
and THANK YOU for rescuing my drum head and set list!!
you are a total sweetie!!
xoxoxo

Cheers:

The drunk guy during the Brainstorm set... I was up front and had been waiting for a while for the set to start, this drunk guy who stunk to high heavens tried to stand next to me up front, he kept pushing into me and his sweaty arms kept touching me euwwwwwww , I almost beat the crap out of him, I might be a girl, but when I get mad... ohhhhh I get mad! Finally some nice guys saw what was happening and moved me to another part of the front... but then this idiot cut the cheese....I thought I would pass out! It was really dissapointing to deal with this idiot, as the PP crowd is always so curteous and always respect other people!

You are very welcome.
I saw the look on your face and had to help out. It was either have him ejected (and miss part of the show), take care of him myself (and maybe miss the rest of the show), or help move you and your friend away from him. It seemed the easiest thing to do. Strange, the kid looked about 14 and he was obviously drunk. Oh well, it does not happen that often.

Happy to help out. Love the horns btw.

Oh, Atlanta drivers are HORRIBLE, especially when you're walking. As a fairly frequent pedestrian, I tell you, you're taking your life into your hands any time you walk anywhere in this town. Seriously, Atlanta was in the top 3 in pedestrian deaths in the US not too long ago.

Well except for a couple of incidents I saw, I found Atlanta drivers (and most pedestrians) very civilized. Trust me, I live where Satan learnt to drive :ill:. A week here and you'll kiss Atlanta streets.

CHEERS:

To: Glenn.....for having the vision and drive and guts to put on the best metal show on the planet, IMO.

To: all the bands....I am still in awe of having the ability to see them live...and how friendly they were at talking and hanging out at the Artmore.

To: all the PPUSA attendees; as a virgin PPUSA fan, you were all so nice and pleasant..glad I was able to meet so many of you.

To: The Artmore...the staff was wonderfully helpful in getting our boarding passes printed and all the other little things I asked of them.

JEERS:

None......it was perfect for my virgin induction into PPUSA!!!! Can't wait for next year!!!!

Metal Hgz to all!!

Well except for a couple of incidents I saw, I found Atlanta drivers (and most pedestrians) very civilized. Trust me, I live where Satan learnt to drive :ill:. A week here and you'll kiss Atlanta streets.

Seriously. Atlanta's bad, but nowhere have I been as scared for my life in a car as in the Caribbean...

CHEERS:

Glenn. Your commitment & dedication to continue your dream is truly an inspiration. Seeing your labor of love come together was simply magical, and I’m so thankful I was a part of it all.

Dawn for taking this newbie under her wing.

To the *entire* ProgPower USA crew and everyone that worked countless hours to make this festival such an amazing success. What a remarkable team!!!

Everyone I met at PP!! It genuinely felt as if I was at a family reunion. It was great to work at the T-shirt table, as I was able to meet so many friendly faces.

The *entire* staff at Center Stage Atlanta; especially you, Chad. Kent, Nikki, Jaime as well as all of the security team and bar staff were an absolute pleasure to work with.

All of the talented bands and musicians. Each of you made quite the journey to entertain us, and your passion definitely shined in every performance I saw.

Earplugs!

Nike Shox with Dr. Scholl’s gel inserts! (I learned my lesson… it’s nothing but my Shox every day next year)

The Artmore’s beautiful courtyard, comfy beds/linens and David.

The Friday night corset tradition… ladies, you were all gorgeous!!

Ann Marie for creating an outstanding forum poster.

Su, Tracie, Dawn and Jax for 2 fun-filled afternoons of selling T-shirts and giving out Gold Badges.

Danilo of Mindflow for graciously allowing me to go to the restroom ahead of him backstage before I wet my pants!

JEER:

Those folks that thought they were above following the camera and videoing policy! It was not only utterly disrespectful to Glenn and the musicians, but simply classless. These folks cause Glenn and his crew to miss out on the performances. They may work their butts off, but just like you, they’re there to watch the show as well.

~ Jen

Best ProgPower yet!! Keep 'em comin' :headbang:

Cheers:

Glenn, the crew and everyone else who helps make the fest run so smoothly

Vespucci's for being open on Saturday when they are normally closed. We were able to get a delicious (and huge) pizza Saturday afternoon.

Residence Inn for printing out the Events page of the ProgPower site with the set times, etc. and having them available on the table in the lobby. Don't remember seeing that last year; maybe they are starting to embrace the whole PP thing?

The Artmore for being so cool about everyone partying in the courtyard all night.

Seeing Seventh Wonder on the roster for next year!!!

Fates Warning

Crimson Glory set

The sound was great this year!

Availability of the Redemption and Futures End cds prior to street date

Jeers:

Cigarette smoke coming from the control room at the the back of the arena

The stoplight at the corner of venue - it's got to be the longest light in the world.

Being confronted by homeless peeps outside asking for beer/smokes/money

Jeers:

Cigarette smoke coming from the control room at the the back of the arena

I agree with this statement. This would be my largest "jeer".

Cheers:

Glenn for putting on an amazing festival and making a first timer definitely want to return!

Getting quality replacements in a short time. Mindflow was definitely one of my favorite bands of the festival!

All the bands being so "fan oriented."

D.S.O. ! I think that was the point when my dad went from "Ok I'll go just because he's my son" to "Wow, I'm having a blast and I don't even like metal!"

The $6 lasagna from that Italian place up the street. That would've cost at least $15 up here in the Silicon Valley.

All the friendly people at the festival and in Atlanta. The MARTA driver actually dropped us off right in front of the Super 8 just cuz he was hella chill.

All the veteran ProgPowerers on the forum with their great help and advice. Super 8 was super close to the festival and the Vortex was definitely a badass burger joint.

Jeers:

Beforementioned smoking from that black booth.

Atlanta restaurants closing so early and the general lack of food.

Bass sound kinda drowned out the bands.

Not winning the signed drumhead :lol:

Cheers:

Two of the best bosses for the fest - Glenn & Shane
The rest of my crew brothers & sisters
Catering - Awesome food! The BBQ kicked @ss! :headbang:
All the bands/bandmembers/entourages - Everybody was easy to work with.
DSO - For giving me another band to add to my "weird but insanely entertaining" list
My friends at the fest - At least we have a commune now, in the courtyard.
I miss the 4 days of partying with y'all, but that's what hanging out til 4:30am is now for...:Smokedev:
Seeing Jen experience her first dose of Prog Power..... :D

People In GA, KY, & TN who actually believe in slower traffic keep right.

Jeers:

F'ing bootleggers
Me - For getting some kind of weird food poisoning that lasted about 3 hours, then went away, leaving the PP plague in its wake.
Having to drive home 12 hours on Sunday, feeling slightly shitty.
People in IN, IL, & WI who DON"T believe in slower traffic keep right.
Last but not least - 4amp slow-blow fuses....:mad:

What a fun-tastic time! (Yeah, I know... *I* should be marketing ProgPower. :lol: )

Cheers:

• First dibs obviously go to Glenn, Shane, the staff and crew. Thanks for busting your asses so the rest of us can have an awesome time at your expense. :)
  • Diablo Swing and Crimson Glory -- two bands who could hardly be any more different and still play the same fest -- shared "performance of the week" honors for me. That's not to take anything away from the rest of the bands, who were all awesome. I watched part of EVERY band's set this year, for the first year in a long time.
  • Chris Salinas is a friggin' workhorse!!!! Did he actually sing on stage every single night of the fest? Great job on the Queensryche material, especially. If Geoff Tate ever quits, YOU'RE THE GUY!
  • Met-Al. Is a. F#@&ing. PIMP!!!!!! Karaoke Performance of the Year!
  • The Artmore Hotel did a great job putting up with our raucous group, and accomodating our killer after-parties in the courtyard. (I would have hated to be a "regular" guest that weekend, though. LOL!)
  • Three thumbs up for the hottest T-shirt table crew in the history of the universe!!!! And, on a related note, Jen is a total sweetheart! (I can only assume the Atlanta peeps haven't yet fully corrupted her. There's still time. :) )
  • When Paradox was announced during the XI video, my first instinct (after cheering my ass off) was to look around and gauge the audience's reaction. I looked into a sea of dumbfounded faces. I love it when an awesome band that nobody knows gets announced during the video. Haha... yeah, you bastards are in for a REAL treat. :cool:
  • When Tarot was announced during the XI video, I had trouble keeping control of my bodily functions.
  • I think I explored much more of Atlanta than I usually do, thanks to some of our usual food haunts closing down. I discovered some new (and redicsovered some old) places to eat: Maggiano's in Buckhead with Jeremy, Jerry, Connie, and crew; the patio that I can't remember the name of, with Ron and Stephanie; City Cafe with Pellaz, Ruthven, Sumeet, Mike and Chris; Varasano's with Kyle, T.J., Sumeet, and Mike; and of course, the Front Page News luncheon with... let's see here... EVERYONE, pretty much. Thanks to those who did the driving; I promise next year I'll do a better job of taking care of you with beer. (AFTER the driving, that is. :lol: )
  • I had an awesome time rolling with my perennial ProgPower USA homies -- you all know who you are -- and even met a whole shitload of new ones. Jeez... how many names and faces can one guy keep in his brain -- even an awesomely powerful brain like mine??? :guh:

Jeers:
  • A lot of my perennial PPUSA friends couldn't make it, whether due to financial restrictions, other commitments, etc. Hope to see you there next year!
  • Damn employers! Stop laying off my friends!!!!!!

-booB for FINALLY having the wherewithal to come up and actually say hello!
LOL... actually, I finally had the wherewithal to say hello to a lot of people this year. I tried my damnedest to put the shyness on hold. Booze helps. :) But yeah... there were a lot of people I finally met this year, who I've been talking to online for quite some time. You're one. How does that make you feel? :)

-booB for NOT having the wherewithal to affix a nipple to his freshly Bic'd head with some spirit gum

You'll appreciate this... One of the first things I did when I got home and got on the internet was to do an Ebay search for nipple-hats. :) My search came up empty... but I TRIED, dammit!!!!

-Mean ol' J-Dubya for being so accommodating to my backstage demands, particularly the ones that I didn't realize he wasn't at all in charge of or responsible for. :lol:

We're all willing to step outside our designated "duties" to help in whatever way we can. See? Not so mean am I? :saint:
Shhhhhhhh!!!! :Smokedev:

Hearing Jon make his remark about "...not wanting this to turn into a Molly Hatchet fest...." made my weekend

Me: "What's wrong with Molly Hatchet?????!!!"
Jon: "Nothing, I love Molly Hatchet!"

banged knuckles, and continued with the show prep... :)

Seeing Jen experience her first dose of Prog Power..... :D

J-Dub, you're so awesome!! I was like a kid on Christmas morning... SO excited!

[*]Three thumbs up for the hottest T-shirt table crew in the history of the universe!!!! And, on a related note, Jen is a total sweetheart! (I can only assume the Atlanta peeps haven't yet fully corrupted her. There's still time. :) )

Thank you!! :oops: I'm glad that Glenn introduced us. Su, Tracie and Shaye are trying their darndest ~ hehe!

~ Jen

[*]Chris Salinas is a friggin' workhorse!!!! Did he actually sing on stage every single night of the fest? Great job on the Queensryche material, especially. If Geoff Tate ever quits, YOU'RE THE GUY!

+1, except for the bit about waiting for Geoff to quit. I say QR should *fire* his ass and hire Chris! :headbang:

[*]Three thumbs up for the hottest T-shirt table crew in the history of the universe!!!! And, on a related note, Jen is a total sweetheart! (I can only assume the Atlanta peeps haven't yet fully corrupted her. There's still time. :) )

Thank you!! :oops: I'm glad that Glenn introduced us. Su, Tracie and Shaye are trying their darndest ~ hehe!

~ Jen
oh hells yeah we are :) but it helps that Jen is so awesome -- makes our job THAT much easier ;)

[*]Damn employers! Stop laying off my friends!!!!!!
[/LIST]
seriously...and how about "and start hiring the ones with no jobs, cuz they are freakin awesome and need the work"?!?!?! cuz um...The Su has no jobbity but would REALLY like one....kthxluvyabai
xoxoxo :saint: