Cheers and Jeers!

<snip> lmao!

I knew you will catch the innuendo...:heh:

Mate!
I felt terrible about having sold out "Darker than Black" (at the Sentinel Steel booth), when you came back for it. I almost offered to ship you my copy to Costa Rica :lol:.

Cheers

Well we can still do business isn't it? :saint:

-Rolando for the most amazing Costa Rican coffee!! next year bring more!:heh:

I know, I will I sware I will if I make it next year.

P.S. I'm still Primalized and Sabatonized, hadn't adjust my internal clock to normal life :loco:

Cheers:
- ProgMuse for telling me that it is perfectly acceptible to interrupt Jon Drenning in order to get an autograph. :lol:
:p:kickass::lol:

CHEERS:
-Glenn and the rest of the usual suspects for making this a fantastic tenth anniversary of PPUSA.
Am I biased? Slightly. That's neither here nor there. :p
-Mean ol' J-Dubya for being so accommodating to my backstage demands, particularly the ones that I didn't realize he wasn't at all in charge of or responsible for. :lol:
-Rick Pierpont for supplying me with that emergency earplug *whew*
-Danilo for being such a charming gentleman during our brief in-room rehearsal of Painted Skies...I had no idea he was such a great dancer! :oops:
-Wade Black for carrying me up the hill to the Residence Marriott.
-David VanLanding's STUNNING KNOCKOUT of a wife (Anne Margaret, eat your heart out) for helping me with my wardrobe changes. I had no idea that angels were so secksie... *swoon*
-All of the cool fans I met at the Artmore after the show as well as at the autograph signing
-The "GOT PROG?" armbands. Too cool, man...
-My lil' sis Annie flying all the way across the country just to see CG. She left the next day... :cry:
-FreakChylde and PatrickHoyt for putting up with what had to have been some of the more brow-raising and obnoxious van-banter of the weekend.
-All of my friends from the Bay Area who still love me even after I abandoned them for the sunny shores of SW Florida
-Moop for being such a good sport with all the razzing
-All of the guest singers for doing a superb job under what most people still don't realize were extremely challenging circumstances
-booB for FINALLY having the wherewithal to come up and actually say hello!

JEERS:
Don't really have too many this year as far as things to seriously bitch about...but for the sake of entertainment, let's do it anyway.
-That pee smell that has persistently lingered by the stairwell access door every year. God it's awful... :puke:
-The dude who parked that SUV facing the wrong direction in the middle of the exit ramp by the load-in area
-Crazy drunken people winging around the corner of aforementioned exit ramp without first checking for other drunken people tottering down said ramp
-Atlanta's gratuitous usage of the name "Peachtree" for every street in the downtown vicinity. Is it just me, or did they decide to make most of these "Peachtree" abominations ONE WAY as well? Assholes. :mad:
-Savatard for forgetting my spatula YET AGAIN
-booB for NOT having the wherewithal to affix a nipple to his freshly Bic'd head with some spirit gum

That's all I can think of right now.
I had a blast, and it was a real treat to be at the tenth anniversary of this great fest not just as a fan, but as a performer. What a privilege and a treat...great to see everyone again, too.

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Okay, my turn for the annual "Cheers & Jeers" thread.

Cheers:
  • To Glenn for continuing to put on a first class show and bringing some quality entertainment. I could only imagine just how much work and effort it takes to pull this off year after year.
  • To the stage crew for really having thier shit together again. For the occasional gremlin that rear its ugly head, you guys were really on it. I bet that Crimson Glory set was a real pisser, with all the vocal changes and such.
  • For being a sponsor for the first time. I cannot thank Glenn for having giving me this opportunity.
  • To Sabaton for putting on such a fucking kick ass show! And on top of that, being all around class acts. Was a real pleasure and joy to have gotten to experience your set as well as get to hang out with you guys. Sorry about the "wardrobe malfunction", but hey, awesome that you guys took it in stride and just kept right on rocking!
  • To DSO for utterly blowing me away! Also A-class guys all around as well.
  • To Mindflow for also putting on an impeccable set. Especially to Danilo for being such a great and humble guy that simply trying to enjoy himself doing what he loves. I swear to God, one of these days, I'll have to get you to my place so you could listen to Destructive Device on my high-end Klipsch rig. That album just sound friggan phenomenal on there!
  • All of the bands putting on truly excellent performances all evening long.
  • Getting to see Primal Fear twice in a row. Was also cool they recognized me from the Jaxx show Wednesday night when I saw them sound checking Thursday before the start of the show case.
  • To all the awesome people that I've seen, including all those at FPS and at Victory's for the SymX get together. I could rat off a bunch of names, but there is no way I can remember them all. You all know who you are. However, I do have to shout out to Frank E for willing to room with me for the Triton Power Cruise. I am so looking forward to that!
  • To Dave (Diamond45) who was willing to go into this with me. Thanks for being my best friend for nearly 16 years now. Glad to have gotten you into this kind of music.
  • To the audience in general for the awesome response put forth towards DSO and Sabaton (not to mention the rest of the bands). You cannot even begin to imagine how much these bands really appreciate that. For those you that managed to run across Andres from DSO after their set probably knows what I mean. He was so excited at having to play PP X and getting the response he did.
  • To getting to see Lance King again. You rock dude!
  • To getting to hang out with bands and others backstage and up in the VIP lounge. It sure was nice to take refuge back there now and again to get away from the pure insanity that sometimes takes place "out front".
  • Next years line-up is going to kick so much fucking ass! NOCTURNAL RITES!!!! FINALLY!!!! (although I'll keep bugging Glenn for Nostradamus).
  • Getting to see Pagan's Mind again tomorrow evening at Jaxx! At least I'll get to relive a small piece of ProgPower X.
  • All the cool shit that I got to buy at the vendor's tables. Thank God I budgeted something like $1,000 just for merch/CDs.
  • For an overall excellent show that went off pretty much flawless.

Jeers:
  • Having to say good bye to everyone. I was doing everything I could to hold back tears while saying goodbye to the Sabaton guys. Hopefully, I'll get to see some of you on the Triton Power Cruise, if not, at least various Jaxx shows.
  • Feeling like a doofus for not immediately recognizing Rob Rock back stage hanging out with Lance just before the Crimson Glory set. Oh well, at least I got to see him again in the VIP lounge and was able to give a proper introduction.
  • Flight out of Richmond Thursday morning being delayed. Was not a big deal in the end, but still, could think of better things to do (like reacquainting with friends on here), instead of sitting in a plane for nearly an hour sitting out on the tarmac.
  • Feeling like shit Sunday morning trying to get back home. I was not enjoying at all having to drive back from Richmond to Fredericksburg (although at least the Fool's Game CD I had on in the stereo was fucking awesome though!
  • Continuing to feel like shit while dragging my ass into work this morning, only to have to fuck around with some stupid profiler (which refused to work, as it was constantly crashing) because the guy doing the testing was bitching about how much CPU the software we've spent untold number of dollars and man hours to write was using. He did not like the answer when it was determined that I'd have to spend two weeks to rewrite a section of old code that was causing the bottleneck. Can't blame the guy as that is his job to find things like that. Just the last thing I wanted to deal with coming back from PPU X and feeling like such shit. Ah, the joys of being a senior software engineer. I guess, looking back at it, I am thankful (and a definite Cheer) to have an occupation that I do actually enjoy quite a bit, working for this truly awesome little company that we have here in VA (although can be frustrating at times as the above sample can attest), that allows me to earn the kind of money that allows me to be able to sponsor bands, drop serious coin on merch, allows me to go to things like Prog Power, Triton Power Cruise, various ski trips and what not, especially giving the economy as it is. Along those lines, Truly sorry for 'LunaTEKK' for getting the bad news with regards to her employment. Hey, it may end up being a blessing in disguise. But I digress...
  • To the jackass that made a snide remark at me in the Artmore courtyard Friday evening. That was uncalled for.

Cheers:

Being astounded by Primal Fear, Fates Warning, Royal Hunt (Last Goodbye!!!!!!), Sabaton, Cage and the Crimson Glory Tribute.

Have a pleasant conversation with Wade Black outside the hotel. The nicest guy I met at PP since AngraRules in 2008.

Meeting Crimson Glory, Pagan's mind and Sabaton.

Buying a whole bunch of cds & t-shirts.

Jeers:

Overhearing a nasty racial remark made in the vendor's area which just runs contrary to the spirit of PP. Was just shocked to hear it.

Not getting to rib AngraRules in person over the Andre-less show.

People not adhering to the 3 item limit at signing sessions.

Try to get past the video guys who were at damn near every entrance.

The towels and people reserving the best seats but not actually being there to enjoy the music.

Feeling like I'm speaking a different language when dealing with the t-shirt guys (near the seats).

Wrenching my shoulder after escaping the DSO set. Yep that last step didn't have any tape on it.

Watching a girl try and catch a nap during Fates Warning. Her friend also decided to talk as loudly as she could in an effort to drown out Ray's vocals. Why not just stay home if you don't want to be there?

And jeers:
- to not having a job *to* go back to :cry:

Dang, another layoff? Sorry to hear that. :mad: Here's hoping we all find better opportunities at companies that actually give a shit about their people.

Truly sorry for 'LunaTEKK' for getting the bad news with regards to her employment. Hey, it may end up being a blessing in disguise.

Thanks! I have no doubt you are right about the "blessing in disguise". The good news is that I have no debt -- and have been socking away $$ into an emergency fund for the last 9 years. (Lesson learned after getting laid off from a job in 1998 with no warning...right after wiping out my savings account and borrowing from my 401(k) to buy a house. Oops.) I feel way worse for my former co-workers who were living paycheck to paycheck and have kids to support. :cry:

Overhearing a nasty racial remark made in the vendor's area which just runs contrary to the spirit of PP. Was just shocked to hear it.

I would be curious to hear where this individual was from. I lived in Nashville for 10 years and loved it there...EXCEPT that there seem to be some pockets in the South where the residents are still pissed off over the outcome of the Civil War. Parents pass this hatred on to their children...who then pass it on to the *next* generation. Sad -- and as you said, definitely contrary to the spirit of PP.

Also to add...

Cheers for the Four Seasons. What a friggan awesome hotel and the service there was just incredible. But a major Jeer for charging for internet access. I mean, Come-On! The place is like $400/night, and then they want to stick you with another $11/day to just surf the damn 'net? At least a big Cheer for not having to PAY the $400/night for the place though. Well, now I can say I got to stay at the Four Seasons. Bummer that I never got the chance to really check out the pool though (they have a really nice indoor pool). BTW, has anybody stayed at the Marriot Suites that is next door? Wonder what that place is like. At least next year, it will be the Artmore!

Major Jeer for myself for realizing that I left my GPS unit at the Four Seasons, but major Cheer when I called them up and they found said unit and will be immediately shipping it back to me. Damn near lost my MacBook Pro at the airport as well. Accidentally left it in the post office there as me and Dave were mailing these really cool poster/calenders that Jax gave us at the Symphony X luncheon back home instead of trying to get them on the plane. However, again, major Cheers for the excellent service from the clerk in the USPO. Thankfully somebody turned in my MacBook without making off with it and I immediately got it back. I guess this is what happens when you are dogged ass tired and feeling like shit trying to travel.

cheers:
ALLLLLLLLLL the bands for being so cool to work with this year. The fans - and ALL who were involved in planning my 40th b´day surprise on stage
Glenn and all the crew
Everybody for being so cool
Bobbie and Nick for the cake
Bobbie and Bari for hugs
My friend at home that made by bday so special by letting me know I was gone but not forgotten
The person and her hubbie who pointed out the bootlegger:headbang:

JEERS:
the 2 pos bootleggers especially the one who added t all my other duties, argued with me and thought about taking a swing. That would have been a terrible mistake,
Hope I se your ass next year ...

CHEERS:
Glenn & Jen for hosting the best metal festival in the USA.
Deron of Metal Ages for always handling the goody bags and various other all-around goodness.
The PP Crew for making it happen so smoothly.
The Wednesday night pre-party with Circus Maximus and Mindcrime.
Shane for hosting the Thursday night Showcase.
The Artmore after-parties (what was in that Tequila Bear!?!?)
Those Norwegian Pagan's Mind & Circus Maximus guys for not only being the coolest cats to party with as well as being my favorite bands at the festival!
BANDS: Pagan's Mind, Circus Maximus, Fates Warning, Crimson Glory, Primal Fear, Brainstorm, DSO and Enchant.
:kickass::kickass::kickass:

JEERS:
:
-Atlanta's gratuitous usage of the name "Peachtree" for every street in the downtown vicinity. Is it just me, or did they decide to make most of these "Peachtree" abominations ONE WAY as well? Assholes. :mad:
It wasn't just you ProgMuse...those one-way Peachtree abominations were a daily aggravation, especially during rush-hour. Drove me nuts! :mad:
(Oh, besides the fact you really know your music girl...I vote you as having the coolest bodice at PPUSA this year - that purple bodice rocked! :headbang:
And the dreaded ProgPower Crud/Plague, still recuperating...:ill:

Here's to ten more ProgPowerUSAs!!! :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Jeers:
I was not there. :(

Seriously, reading all of your accounts and comments and seeing all the pictures has made me very upset that I didn't come this year. I wish I could have, but there was just no way.
I swear, I'm coming next year. Between Nocturnal Rites, Seventh Wonder, and my ever-growing desire to become a part of this "family", it's something I must accomplish. See you all in '10!

I wasn't trying to avoid you, it just happened that way. I didn't get done with my portion of the driving until well after 3 AM. Which was definitely ok, because if I hadn't of been available to help Tommy after I dropped off Fates then he would have been there till 5 AM and that's no fun.

Oh, I know that. It was said totally in jest. :) I have much love for you.

-Metal

Cheers:

Have a pleasant conversation with Wade Black outside the hotel. The nicest guy I met at PP since AngraRules in 2008.

Thanks man. It was a pleasure meeting and chatting last year. I tried to hunt you down, but I couldn't. I do think I may have seen you upstairs on the seats on Thurs. night during Primal Fear, but I can't be so sure. I was sitting with the Mindflow crew. Was that you, up there? Not that it would've been any good to try to talk during PF, but we gotta make sure to catch up next year!!

Jeers:

Not getting to rib AngraRules in person over the Andre-less show.

Again, thanks man. :lol:

Yep, that was Glenn's nephew, Taylor. It was his first ProgPower. :)

~ Jen

It is so wild seeing PP turn into a family affair - my daughter attended for the first time this year and my nephew drove over from Birmingham, AL to attend the Saturday night show.

PATRICK: It was myself, my daughter and my nephew in the parking garage late Saturday into Sunday morning that you almost clipped with the van. As my back was to the wall watching you turn the corner it dawned on me you must have been taking FW back to their hotel, I found humor in the fact that Fates almost took me out of this world and all I could think to do is wave as you guys rolled by!

- As always - gotta start with Glenn (& Jen), Shane & the entire crew. The bands, the people at Center stage/Vinyl (bartenders, the cool security guys etc).
- My regular crew of Jim, Donna & Frank E - pleasure as always, never seems like enough time.
- The Inn at the Peachtrees (& shuttle driver Memo) for putting up with our antics.
- The vendors - for having too much stuff, even though I was on a bit of a budget this year.
- The bands - you ALL brought it -whether it was totally my "thing" or not. Especially PF, Sabaton, Orphaned Land, DSO - slayed me.
- The band members - for hanging out - the ones I saw from previous years (CM, OL etc) and the ones we were just getting to meet for the first time (Sabaton etc).
- Hooters - spicy hot wings and beer, yummy, and Hi Courtney :)
- JERRY SPRINGER!!!- Yes, our morning/hangover entertainment was increased 10x over when Wed morning we actually saw Jerry himself walking down the sidewalk - missed our chance to get on the show - but it was a good omen for the week lol.
- Familiar faces (people like Brent, Sean Q, Tami etc), familiar faces really met for the first time (SkiBum, Diamond and others from the FPN lunch), and new peeps (sorry, I suck with names when sober, drunk is really not any better :)
- Everyone who worked on the poster, and the raffle (Jax) - one of these years I am gonna win something, it is destined.
- THe Reverend Su - you are such a damn doll and brighten up the place just being there - hopefully we weren't too out of control :)

Jeers -
- Well, the rooms at the Inn gotta go - I need more room to amble around in - maybe the artmore or residence next time - having a separate "living" and sleeping area can be a godsend.
- Whoever was trying to bootleg the show - WTF. Do you really thing your footage on your little crappy thing with a wall of sound vibrating through it is worth anything? They are making a damn dvd of the thing. Quit fucking Glenn and the people who work so hard to put this thing on every year.
- Seat saving - if I am gone for longer than it takes to recycle and old drink, have a quick smoke outside and get a new drink - i dont care if someone is using my seat or not. Hell, if I show up and was sitting with my normal crew - I'll just ask the person sitting there if i can sit back down with my friends. If I am bouncing from vantage point to vantage point - who cares if someone is where i was 15 minutes ago - there's always an unused (if not entirely empty) seat - and the floor.
- Atlanta drivers - friendly folks til you get them behind the wheel - you missed me again this year haha - although without the help of FrankE (our seeing eye human) - Wed nite could have been iffy.
- the guy at the ATL airport who gave me wrong directions to the smoking bar where i could watch the games before boarding.
- Me - for starting to get older, sometimes I don't make it to the end - and staying at a place where I have to shuttle back & forth discourages me from making that last "oh hell its only 100 a.m., I can catch the last 30 mins") walk back down to the venue.

Cheers to anything & everything about the best damn festival around.
Jeff