Cheers and Jeers!

- Bobbie & Nick - it was so great to spend so much time with you both this year! Thanks to Bobbie for the killer bday cake and brownies! That was one of the best highlights of the weekend for me! Love you guys!
Awwwww ... :oops: Thank you sweetie! We had an awesome time hanging out with you as well! Glad we could keep you company while your man was AWOL for part of the weekend.

JEERS for SwordLord having to miss Saturday. The barrier looked so empty with out him. (Although I could certainly understand why a few folks might have this in their cheers since it may have meant they got a better view. :lol: We love you Nathan!)
- PPUSA TWITTER - Oh man, I LOVED this! Thanks so much for all that effort, it really added a special element to the event this year!
+1
Almost forgot this, but I really did enjoy Glenn's "tweets" (or "twits" as Nick kept calling them) throughout the weekend. It was pretty cool to know what was going on behind the scenes and have a heads up on which rumors were true (i.e., Pamela Moore on Wednesday).

Hehehe some awesome posts in here....I have had a week to marinate on the great and awesome time that was had.

Cheers to Glenn and his amazing crew, I dont need to go on, they know they kick ass and I am glad to have many of them as my friends.... Glenn your testicular fortitude must be that of a Viking Warlord to keep it up year after year, I celebrate your constant strive for perfection, even though it is hard to come by, cheers bro, you are very inspiring.

Heheh Jon, your the only one that calls me Barry on here :zombie: so I will let it go because CG's performance was awesome, cant wait to see you guys and hang out at Triton. Wade Black f'in rules, period, great performance bro. To the rest of CG, ya'll went above and beyond.

Shout out special Skol to Lasse, Truls, Mike, Mats and Glen you guys never dispoint and make it that much more of a special show with just being down to earth and funny as hell!!! Cant wait to see CM again!!!

Thanks to my bros in Futures End, great debut and I know your going to keep raising the bar! To my bros in Enchant, glad that PPUSA finally got a chance to see what we already knew, your top level professionalism and perfect playmanship, great job guys.

Highlights for me, seeing Nick up on stage with Fates, awesome and a great set from Ray and the guys. Circus Maximus, Brainstorm even with all the problems, they came through it and kicked ass!!! The SF Bay Area being respesented by class acts Enchant & Futures End. Hanging with the Artmore Courtyard Crew to the wee hours of the morning.

Thanks out to Leah for being my sista from anotha mista and my roomey, thanks for everything. Eric & Daf, ya'll rock, totally enjoy spending time and hanging out. Beth, Fred and Jon for being the Sushi & Sake crew for 2009, got a little tore up there, it was like a sneak attack, after hit me later :kickass: to all my other amazing friends new & old, to many to even think about putting down here, you all rock!

In the spirit of staying positive I only have one jeer and it goes to myself, this is me just being honest. Its time for me to chill the fuck out on drinking so much at PPUSA, it seriously took away from having that much of a better time. I am definitely going to rectify that next year and beyond, time to get healthy again! Until next time

Two props I need to throw out as well. Kittybeast for saving me one night, thank you darlin! Bobby Williamson for giving my friend Jacki a ticket to the Showcase, way way cool bro, cant wait to see Eumeria shred it up at Triton!

Bear

NP: Futures End - Stand to Fall

Putting up my "Privacy Please" sign but still getting TWO calls from housekeeping on Saturday morning while trying to sleep.

Well at least you didn't put the sign up backwards. The back side of the sign says, "Service please." So you can imagine how pissed we were when the house keeping staff knocked on the room Thursday morning. I didn't even look when I put it out.

After they called us on Friday morning (We were careful to put it out the right way this time), I went down to the front desk and asked them to NOT call us. The guy at the front desk said he would note that for us. The next day they called again. We're going to disconnect the phone in the future.

Jen (Miel) - it was so nice to meet you, even if briefly. Seeing how you interacted with everyone over the weekend just proves that you are very kind and loving. I hope we get a chance to chat a bit more next year! And thanks for helping the RingMaster stay sane enough to keep up with all that he does!

It was great meeting you, too!! I just wish that I would have more time to socialize with you and yours...y'all make the cutest couple! I really appreciate your kind words, thank you.

~Jen

Speaking of Pamela Moore, what a total sweetheart!!! And her pics do her no justice, she is way way way way way gorgeous in person! Almost Spritelike

Bear

Hehehe some awesome posts in here....I have had a week to marinate on the great and awesome time that was had.

Cheers to Glenn and his amazing crew, I dont need to go on, they know they kick ass and I am glad to have many of them as my friends.... Glenn your testicular fortitude must be that of a Viking Warlord to keep it up year after year, I celebrate your constant strive for perfection, even though it is hard to come by, cheers bro, you are very inspiring.

Heheh Jon, your the only one that calls me Barry on here :zombie: so I will let it go because CG's performance was awesome, cant wait to see you guys and hang out at Triton. Wade Black f'in rules, period, great performance bro. To the rest of CG, ya'll went above and beyond.

Shout out special Skol to Lasse, Truls, Mike, Mats and Glen you guys never dispoint and make it that much more of a special show with just being down to earth and funny as hell!!! Cant wait to see CM again!!!

Thanks to my bros in Futures End, great debut and I know your going to keep raising the bar! To my bros in Enchant, glad that PPUSA finally got a chance to see what we already knew, your top level professionalism and perfect playmanship, great job guys.

Highlights for me, seeing Nick up on stage with Fates, awesome and a great set from Ray and the guys. Circus Maximus, Brainstorm even with all the problems, they came through it and kicked ass!!! The SF Bay Area being respesented by class acts Enchant & Futures End. Hanging with the Artmore Courtyard Crew to the wee hours of the morning.

Thanks out to Leah for being my sista from anotha mista and my roomey, thanks for everything. Eric & Daf, ya'll rock, totally enjoy spending time and hanging out. Beth, Fred and Jon for being the Sushi & Sake crew for 2009, got a little tore up there, it was like a sneak attack, after hit me later :kickass: to all my other amazing friends new & old, to many to even think about putting down here, you all rock!

In the spirit of staying positive I only have one jeer and it goes to myself, this is me just being honest. Its time for me to chill the fuck out on drinking so much at PPUSA, it seriously took away from having that much of a better time. I am definitely going to rectify that next year and beyond, time to get healthy again! Until next time

Two props I need to throw out as well. Kittybeast for saving me one night, thank you darlin! Bobby Williamson for giving my friend Jacki a ticket to the Showcase, way way cool bro, cant wait to see Eumeria shred it up at Triton!

Bear

NP: Futures End - Stand to Fall

I say we're on for Sushi-Sake for each year forward. We were ALL tore up. Brutalized actually- but it was a GREAT time.

JEERS for SwordLord having to miss Saturday. The barrier looked so empty with out him.
Inorite. :( He'll be back next year, you better believe it!

We're going to disconnect the phone in the future.
WHY, o WHY didn't I think of that?! :erk: This will be the first thing I do next year.

y'all make the cutest couple!
Ditto that! :)

Credit to Jen for all the tweets.
I had a feeling Jen was behind the tweets. It just didn't add up to you having time during the fest to tell us each band as announced during the video when you like taking in the reactions. Or when you're doing the laundry. :lol: Jenn, that "washing the towels used backstage" tweet was simply awesome! As someone who's done her share of band-towels, I felt your pain! :ill:

I usually need a week to recover from all of the shenanigans before making any posts on the forum, so I tend to be late to these threads. I don't even drink! I'm such a wuss. Anyway...

Cheers:

To Circus Maximus--You made me like a Bon Jovi tune, and you played "Mouth Of Madness" to boot. Awesome!

To Mindcrime--For reminding me just how awesome the 'Ryche used to be.

To Shane--For putting another hell of a showcase, and for asking me to join Mindcrime on stage.

To everyone who complimented me on my performance with Mindcrime--You folks don't know just how much more difficult the other singers' songs were. Seriously, though, thank you all very much.

To Krucible--For providing us with a quick ass-kicking.

To Future's End--For putting on the tightest debut show ever.

To Suspyre--For rocking out even better than they did at the Chicago Powerfest a couple years back.

To Enchant--For giving me the biggest ear boner I've ever had at ProgPower, and for giving me a chance at bromance with Ted.

To Primal Fear--For a performance that was five times better than the one from two years ago.

To Royal Hunt--For giving me the opportunity to see the mighty Mark Boals again (it had been almost ten years for me!)

To Crimson Glory and all of their guests--For putting together a once-in-a-lifetime show that topped all once-in-a-lifetime shows for me at this point in my life.

To Pagan's Mind--For being one of the most consistently kick-ass live bands ever.

To Brainstorm--For finally coming back and putting on another teriffic show.

To Fates Warning--For making this little fanboy sing to his heart's content when he thought he had no voice.

To Nick Van Dyk--For making an appearance despite all of the hardships you've faced as of late. You're an inspiration.

To the crew (even J-Dubya)--For helping things run smoother than ever.

To Jen--Your support of Glenn and this festival is above and beyond any support the rest of us can give. Also, you're just so adorable!

To Glenn--You've done it again, this time in spades. In addition, you complimented my performance as well *coughpleaselistentothenewKatagoryVwhenitcomesoutcough*.

Jeers:

To Atlanta restaurants for never being open two years in a row.

To bootleggers who act as if they're the victims.

To the money in my pocket for not being nearly enough of what I needed at the vendors' booths.

To Urban Breed for going on stage before me at the Mindcrime show. My short shorts were no match for your mic stand swings.

To the homeless men of Atlanta who just never seem to have enough money to take the Marta.

To Orbweaver for the hours of squee that ensued as a result of seeing the video announcement for next year (just kidding!).

I think that sums it up. Here's to another great show!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Just for that, I'm going to squee some more about next year's ProgPower when I see you on Friday. :p

There will be so much squee...you have no idea. Because next year's lineup makes me a very happy bunny.

Hi all, I always want to say too much but I'll keep it short and sweet this year:
Cheers to everyone to who makes this a family and helped me incorporate my progpower newbie Charlsie into the family this year. She had an absolute blast and is already talking about next year. It means so much to me that everyone took her under their wing and showed her the magic. I'm looking for a full-time job now for after I graduate this Spring so I don't know what my life will look like a year from now - but I do know it has to have ProgPower in it :)

Late with this, but I'm just back from Japan.

CHEERS:

- Glenn, Shane, and everyone else involved in this show. You rule. I seriously think this was my favorite PP ever.
- Being a sponsor. Like I told Glenn on Saturday, "please take my money again next year!". I seriously had an amazing time.
- Being able to see correctly for the first time in years at a PP! All the eye surgery has paid off.
- Not being jet-lagged all to hell this year. I left for an Asia trip right after the show, instead of returning from Asia the day before I did the last two years. I felt MUCH better throughout the weekend.
- All the bands. While I like some more than others, everyone put on a great show this year.
- Enchant. Can we please put an end to the stupid idea that they are "not heavy enough" to play PP now?!? I've seen them seven times, and they always kill.
- Sabaton. For totally living up to the hype.
= Fates Warning. Probably my all-time favorite band, but I've only seen them live once, and that was opening for Dream Theater. This was a dream come true. The set list was perfect.
- Pagan's Mind and Circus Maximus for totally killing on Saturday. Seriously, Saturday at PP X might be the best night of music I have ever seen.
- The people. Seriously, you guys all fucking rule. I will never remember names of everyone, but there are some people at this show that I've known for ten years (or more in some cases). It is always so good to see you all again every year. And there were a number of new people that I met this year, or at least don't remember meeting (I drink a lot of margaritas!). The crowd at PP is really amazing.
- Speaking of new people...REVEREND SU IS FUCKING AWESOME! My favorite new person I met this year. When (and noticed I said "when", not "if") Diablo Swing Orchestra plays again, you and I are SO dance partners!
- The PP lunch. Special thanks to Kez for leading me there! I would have never found the place myself. I am directionally challenged...
- The SyX lunch. Thanks Jax for organizing this again. Jax and I met for the first time ten years ago in the parking lot at Powermad '99. I have no idea why she still talks to me! And to the two guys from Texas (see? told you I was TERRIBLE with names!) that put up with my nonsense at lunch. And a special "cheers" for the restaurant, which had amazing food! I want to go back there next year, as the five spice salmon I had RULED!!!
- Babs. I love talking to you every year, as you are one of the coolest and funniest people I know. And it was so cool to meet your daughter finally after hearing about her for so many years.
- Alicia. Remember, King's Dominion for the new coaster next year!
- Jamie for making the surprise appearance! So good to see you again.
- Mary, for putting up with me. I have no idea why she does. And a special "cheer" for both of us being on the same continent at the same time for a whole week! Trust me, this does not happen a lot...
- Speaking of nonsense, "cheers" for people putting up with Ice Bat! I know my special brand of insanity is not for everyone, but people seemed to not be too annoyed when I'd ask for a picture. I promise I'll post them soon.

- DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA!!! I saved this for last. As a sponsor, of course I was really looking forward to this. But they totally blew me away. I think their set might be the most fun I have ever had at PP. They were amazing, and need to return some day! And a special "cheer" for the people down by the barrier (I stood up at the stage for the whole set, taking advantage of my sponsorship privilege) who were fucking insane and a ton of fun. I was so happy to see people into this band, considering all the bitching they got on here before the show (I really think the only band that got more complaining pre-fest was Freak Kitchen, and we all remember how that turned out). I seriously almost teared up when I heard everyone singing along during the quiet parts. I sometimes think I'm the only person that enjoys a lot of the music I do, so it's nice to see other people enjoying it. I had so many people after the set tell me something like "I was only going to watch one song, but they totally sucked me in!". And the band was super nice too. I have never met any of the bands I've sponsored, but I did go stand in their autograph line (something I've never done at any other show) just so I could tell them how much I enjoyed their performance.

Oh, and as I have told many people at this point, DSO and Freak Kitchen MUST play the same night at a future PP! Seriously, how much fun would that be?!?

Jeers (really not many this year):

- The stairs. I have a fear of stairs, having fallen down a set twice in my life (requiring a trip to the ER one time). These things hate me. I always manage to almost kill myself once per festival.
- People too cool for the room. They always amuse me.
- No one mentioning me in any of their "cheers"! Lame! (I'm kidding, of course. I cannot imagine anyone remembering me five minutes after I talk to them, as I'm quite dull).
- Bright lights during performances. This is something that only probably effects me, as a result of all my eye surgery. I had to wear sunglasses during many sets. Which actually worked, so I guess it wasn't too big a deal. I was at least happy I didn't end up with a horrible headache, which some times happens.
- Not buying margaritas for people I had promised them to. You need to find me and yell at me next year and I'll make up for it, I promise!

That's all I can think of at the moment. Is it time for PP XI yet?!?

dt

Hi all, I always want to say too much but I'll keep it short and sweet this year:
Cheers to everyone to who makes this a family and helped me incorporate my progpower newbie Charlsie into the family this year. She had an absolute blast and is already talking about next year. It means so much to me that everyone took her under their wing and showed her the magic. I'm looking for a full-time job now for after I graduate this Spring so I don't know what my life will look like a year from now - but I do know it has to have ProgPower in it :)

Glad to meet you and your friend. Apologies for being a bit abrasive, that's just how I am. Hope you didn't want to kill me TOO much. :)

Also, I've been feeling bad since that Saturday when I said you looked pretty terrible. That's just my way of saying you look exhausted or tired. I didn't even realize what it sounded like until afterwards. :lol:

Glad to meet you and your friend. Apologies for being a bit abrasive, that's just how I am. Hope you didn't want to kill me TOO much. :)

Also, I've been feeling bad since that Saturday when I said you looked pretty terrible. That's just my way of saying you look exhausted or tired. I didn't even realize what it sounded like until afterwards. :lol:

Stop your bellyaching, you're totally fine. I had a lot of fun with you and I look forward to stalking you on reddit even more now.

Cheers to everyone to who makes this a family and helped me incorporate my progpower newbie Charlsie into the family this year. She had an absolute blast and is already talking about next year.

Glad you both had fun! Please apologize to Charlsie for me, for not being able to pronounce her name. Now that I've seen it spelled out in front of me, I can do it. :lol: :lol:

- Being able to see correctly for the first time in years at a PP! All the eye surgery has paid off.

HAHA! Just in time for Sabaton's "wardrobe malfunction". :)

- The people. Seriously, you guys all fucking rule. I will never remember names of everyone, but there are some people at this show that I've known for ten years (or more in some cases).

And some of us you've known for ten years, but never met until this year. Nice meeting you, FINALLY. :lol:

- Speaking of new people...REVEREND SU IS FUCKING AWESOME! My favorite new person I met this year. When (and noticed I said "when", not "if") Diablo Swing Orchestra plays again, you and I are SO dance partners!

I love teh Su. She's entertaining. :) I'm using ALL my mind powers to coerce Shane to book DSO for the Showcase next year. Guess we'll find out whether the Jedi Mind Trick actually works. :)

I'm looking for a full-time job now for after I graduate this Spring so I don't know what my life will look like a year from now - but I do know it has to have ProgPower in it :)

::sniff:: Seems like yesterday that you were just *starting* college...

Hope you enjoyed your first "legal" ProgPower!! :kickass:

Jeers (really not many this year):

- No one mentioning me in any of their "cheers"! Lame!

Chalk it up to brain fog from the ProgPower Plague. Otherwise, how could *anyone* forget you and the Ice Bat? :p

I love teh Su. She's entertaining. :) I'm using ALL my mind powers to coerce Shane to book DSO for the Showcase next year. Guess we'll find out whether the Jedi Mind Trick actually works. :)

::oops::

Jedi, shmedi: The Su is about to BEG Shane to bring DSO back to her...i mean back to ProgPower ;)