Cheers:
  • my mates Paul and Jon with all the zany humor
  • computer says "no"
  • Glen for all he does
  • Chris for running the stage crew
  • the lady who said she hated me cause i was wearing my Pittsburgh Pens shirt
  • the Super 8 for at least painting the outside
  • Circus Maximus and Pagans Mind for making my saturday rock out
  • The Carolina bar/grill for providing an alternative place to eat since the Madison Grill was snuffed.
  • Yuengling as a beer choice! Made me happy.
  • Everyone being generally friendly.
Jeers:
  • the Super 8 for not updating the rooms (i think the tv's got worse/smaller!)
  • the madison grill closing
  • getting lost downtown finding the World of Coke
  • The knucklehead who almost delayed my flight thursday morning by trying to sneak a dead grenade through the PIT airport security
  • was going to mention saving seats but not sure how i feel on the entire subject

I think Jen was a big hit with everyone. :) How can one person be so sweet? Jen, you're going to give me diabetes, seriously. :D

The Carolina bar/grill for providing an alternative place to eat since the Madison Grill was snuffed.

Where was that? I was sad Madison closed, too. I wish I could have found a comprable replacement like you did!

Cheers:
Sabaton for bringing the energy.
Fates Warning for bringing the beauty.
Mats Haugen for deciding to grow out his hair despite the receeding hairline. You too can be Devin! (Though Devin recently cut it off).
Finally meeting the Metalheads for Ron Paul and their arch nemesis Matt Johnsen ( and the other X'ers).

Jeers:
None.

I think Jen was a big hit with everyone. :) How can one person be so sweet? Jen, you're going to give me diabetes, seriously. :D

:oops: I'm just sorry we didn't get a chance to meet! I was always so busy, but I did see you from afar on corset night. I knew that you would be thrilled to hear the TYR announcement!!

~ Jen

I don't typically do this, but figured I'd get in on the fun...so here goes (pardon my longwindedness):

CHEERS:

-To Glenn for a great fest, as well as for accommodating the band as well as our friends and family in the "Crimson Militia."

-To all of the stage and sound crew for tolerating our Sgt. Molly Allman Crimson Brothers Lonely Hearts Club Band.

-To Rich and Kent for having to sort out the thousands of inputs, most of which came from Moop LaPoop's den of rare and exotic instruments, as well as Zahner tripping the light keyboardtastic.

-To my brothers and bandmates:
Ben Jackson, for taking time out of your very hectic schedule to paint the Red Shark guitar for me before the gig; it looked badass! You're awesome, thank you!
Dana Burnell, for bleeding through your socks at the show, compiling the intro CD and loaning us your lovely wife to help sort out the merch before the show!
Jeff Lords, we couldn't have done the show without you. You are indeed the rock and the foundation of this band and I know you had other very important obligations to attend; thank you so much for giving us your time and your rippin' bass!
The War Machine, Wade Black, for standing front and center to kick ass and melt faces for the beginning of our set as well as closing the show for us, and for carrying Danaë up 17th street...haha!
I couldn't ask for a better group of guys, and for all of your time, hard work and effort, and for putting up with me pushing you all to practice harder and longer...thank you, all of you, for sparing my life.

-To our incredible lineup of guest vocalists for being so enthusiastic and prepared to meet me at the hotel room and/or venture down into the catacombs of the backstage to rehearse with me (many for the first time) only an hour before the show...you guys all kicked ass and took names, every one of you.

-To Matt LaPorte and John Zahner both for providing atmosphere and a solid wall of sound behind the band and the singers; it really made a difference and it wouldn't have been nearly as awesome without you, and for being a true friend of Midnight's. ...thank you also for being such good sports amidst the razzing (which, for the record, will not stop).

-To Todd LaTorre for falling out of the sky, dusting yourself off, and wailing like no tomorrow. You've been so kind and generous with your time, helping us prepare for ProgPower, and you've made us all very proud...including Midnight. You have a very bright future ahead of you, my friend...

-To my lovely, übertalented wife Danaë Saree for putting up with my constant intensity leading up to ProgPower, and for her beautiful performance of Painted Skies with Danilo Herbert. I know Midnight was smiling down on you. You amaze me more and more every day...thank you!

-To the "Midnight at 4am" revival crew: Todd LaTorre, David VanLanding, Danaë Saree, Wade Black, John Zahner and Ben Jackson (as well as The Captain and Jose), for lending their vocal and musical skills to a very fun and personal singalong at the piano bar of the Hotel Midtown.

-Of course, to all the fans who came to the performance. Couldn't have done it with you and it was great meeting many of you at the Artmore afterparty (thanks to Chris Rifkin for the Chimay) and the autograph signing.

Cheers! :kickass:

FAVORITE MOMENTS:

-Getting stuck in football traffic on Thursday while attempting to drive Chris Salinas to his performance with Future's End with only minutes to spare, at which point he opted to hurl himself from the vehicle and sprint down the street as if several of Atlanta's finest were hot on his tail. Myself, Danaë Saree and Joakím Brodén had a good laugh as he darted away. Chris, you shall be forever known as...THE RUNNING MAN.

-Andy B. Franck, overheard backstage, referring to another singer's attempt at a high note: "...Zhere is no powah in zhat! Zhat is not METAL!" before nearly collapsing in a fit of mirth.
(By the way, thanks for being such a good sport after I flipped you shit about forgetting your lyrics after your show... "I don't man, my mind...I guess I just BLACKED OUT!" I guess that's what the B stands for? *lol*)

-Hearing the first note of "Mayday" flying out of Todd LaTorre's mouth. WOW. That was just awesome.

-Meeting Ben Jackson in the middle of the stage for some dual lead shredding. "Are we having fun yet?!" :kickass:

-Danaë Saree as The Queen of the Masquerade. How cool was that??

-Seeing Brett and Barry leaning up against the front of the stage, grinning like two kids who snuck into a titty bar, after telling them I was going to rip their eyebrows right off their fucking faces.

-Yanking three guitar strings off of my white V at the end of the "Queen of the Masquerade" guitar solo.

-Looking over at Sgt. ROCK and watching him kill it on the bass with that badass grimace.

-Matt LaPorte signing the middle fingers of female fans, and signing no less than three autographs as "Moop LaPoop."

-My buddy Neil telling my (very good-looking SIXTEEN YEAR OLD) little brother, "Dude, don't look at my girlfriend. Don't even TALK to my girlfriend." (She looks like a Playboy centerfold...)

-David VanLanding for losing his car for nearly 24 hours, believing it to be stolen, before he remembered that he valeted it. Dude...where's your car??

-The monitor guy during sound check asking Matt LaPorte for "more bottom end." 'Nuff said.

-Urban Breed nearly decapitating Jeff Lords with his Highlander-esque mic stand maneuvers.

-Watching Nils k. Rue and Danaë Saree nearly blow Budweiser out their noses backstage after I told Kelly Sundown he'd make a better comedian than a singer...at which point he attempted to make a grand exit and walked right into (and nearly trampled by) a very sweaty Brainstorm, who had just come offstage.

I don't have any jeers, but I would like to apologize to everyone at the show for the technical failure involving Midnight's "appearance." Perhaps a touch apropos, but still...that was a bummer. We'll have the full video posted here on the forum in the next day or so.

All in all, PPUSA has been a truly memorable, special, and at times hilarious experience...truly one of our favorites.

THANK YOU!

Where was that? I was sad Madison closed, too. I wish I could have found a comprable replacement like you did!

If you come out of the venue, turn right and start walking (down past the Artmore hotel). I want to say its 2 blocks? It's on the other side of the street but it was a good find. Decent food and drinks (it's a sports bar).

You are very welcome.
I saw the look on your face and had to help out. It was either have him ejected (and miss part of the show), take care of him myself (and maybe miss the rest of the show), or help move you and your friend away from him. It seemed the easiest thing to do. Strange, the kid looked about 14 and he was obviously drunk. Oh well, it does not happen that often.

Happy to help out. Love the horns btw.

Thank you "nice guy" :) You really saved the show for me... I was about to eject the dude myself :lol:

You are awesome! :headbang:

Cheers- The best Saturday lineup at any progpower
Jeers- Drunk guy behind me who yell-talked through Brainstorms first 3 songs until I got in his face. I couldn't hear anything but him running his mouth. Go outside if you want to talk at a rock concert.

I just realized that I forgot to mention a very notable cheer in my original post...

MAJOR props to the lovely Reverend Su for her mad dash for cello strings!! The show simply would not have been the same without your efforts. THANK YOU!! :headbang:

~Jen

-Getting stuck in football traffic on Thursday while attempting to drive Chris Salinas to his performance with Future's End with only minutes to spare, at which point he opted to hurl himself from the vehicle and sprint down the street as if several of Atlanta's finest were hot on his tail. Myself, Danaë Saree and Joakím Brodén had a good laugh as he darted away. Chris, you shall be forever known as...THE RUNNING MAN.
haha. i know, he shows up panting, sweat pouring of his shining dome. totally wet. man. what a trooper. he IS a MONSTER.

Finally getting around to posting this ...

CHEERS:
* To Glenn, Shane, Hoyt, Jen, Deron, the entire crew, and all those who bust their asses to make ProgPower a reality for the rest of us year after year.
* To The Bands for coming together for one of the best metal festivals in the world and playing their hearts out for all of us. Special thanks to Sabaton, Crimson Glory, Pagan's Mind, Primal Fear and Mindcrime. Even greater thanks to Sabaton and the PM guys for kicking my ass and being such awesome guys to hang out and talk with (especially Joakim and Steiner)!
* To Sabaton (again) for having patches!
* To Nick - We could not have done ProgPower this year without one another. Thank you so much for being my best friend and for ensuring that we keep the promise we made to each other 5 years ago -- never to miss a ProgPower festival! :headbang: Now that's true love!
* To Wayne - For giving the best hugs and always making me smile! :D
* To Mike and Shannon - For being awesome roommates and great friends! Without you, this weekend would not have been possible for us! We had a great time getting to know you better, hanging out and laughing through the drunken hours of the night. Can't wait to see you next year, if not sooner! ;) Keep and ear out for that creepy moaner. :lol:
* To My Extended Metal Family (old and new) - Ian, Clark, John, Debbie, Kristy, Mloanna, Pabla, Kelly, Scotti, Bob, Johan (and his awesome Swedish Sabaton banner!), Dave, Steve, Bari, Lek, Brent, Tammy, Nathan, Danaë, Jon, J-Dub, Ann Marie (Thanks for the awesome job on the poster again!), Shaye, Urban, Greg, Paula, Heather, Matt, Chris, Leah, Lance, MetalRose, Zane and Mrs. Zane ... I'm sure there are many more folks that should be listed on here.
* For celebrating your birthday at ProgPower! We get to party again next year too! I'll be bringing more cake! And I might take up a collection for some special brownies too since so many folks asked. ;) :Smokin:
* To Bill (Hudson) for coming out to rock out and celebrate with us, even though each band he was supposed to play with this year fell through in one way or another. I know you were bummed about that (among other things), dude, but it was so great to have you back at ProgPower anyway! Hope to see you again next year!
* To Ray and the WiszdomStone guys for being some of the coolest, most generous friends metal has brought my way! You guys rock!
* To all those who asked me about FotV over the course of the weekend. Thank you for your interest and support! It means more than you know.
* To Pamela Moore for being there with Mindcrime on Wednesday and Primal Fear on Thursday. That was such a treat!
* To the inclusion of backing vocalists and the amount of coordinated/impromptu duets between the various vocalists. So many bands use prerecorded backing tracks on tour. It was nice to see Mindcrime and Primal Fear with Pamela Moore, Crimson Glory with Danaë Saree doing backing vocals the whole set and the many other wonderful guest vocalists who teamed up and joined them on stage, Royal Hunt with Michelle and Maria, and the other bands that vocally teamed up over the weekend (Among others, I know Pagan's Mind brought out the drummer from Circus Maximus).
* To next year's line-up! Delain, Nocturnal Rights, Tarot, and that's only the beginning! Can't wait!
* The Vortex in Little Five Points
* To The Artmore and their staff for putting up with us and doing their jobs so well through year after year of insanity.

JEERS:
* For me forgetting so many people names (and even a few faces ... sorry :erk:)
* For me missing the Corset Photo ... again. :loco: Maybe next year *sigh*
* For waiting too long to return to the vendors room on Saturday and getting there just as everyone was packing up
* For loosing my voice
* For bootleggers - You ruin it for the rest of us who respect Glenn's no-video policy and just want to take decent pictures with our digital cameras. Do us attendees (and the staff) all a favor and just stay the fuck home.
* To the asshole who called out "I remember my first beer" while Nick was sick outside Thursday night. Did that make you feel better about your small penis? :heh:
* For hearing so many people say that they are recently or *still* unemployed ... We will get through this!
* For pulling a bonehead move on Saturday night (Thankfully no real harm was done.)
* For having to wait a whole other year to all be together again! :cry:

I have to jeer myself. It had been so long since I listened to Operation: Mindcrime, and any Fates Warning CD that I forgot a ton of the words to the songs. I felt like a loser.

I listened to O:M on the way to work today for penance.

I just realized that I forgot to mention a very notable cheer in my original post...

MAJOR props to the lovely Reverend Su for her mad dash for cello strings!! The show simply would not have been the same without your efforts. THANK YOU!! :headbang:

~Jen

awwwwwww :):):)

thanks Jen :) it truly was my pleasure to help out...plus my "precious cargo" made the trip even awesomer than it would normally have been :)

I've been working on this for a few days now, and finally have a chance to type it all up:

CHEERS:

- Glenn, Shane, and all of the crew - I don't know most of you, but I love you dearly! You've made so many dreams and memories possible over the years, that I can hardly recount them all. Without all your hard work and devotion, I can honestly say I'd be a different person. ProgPower has changed my life in profound ways through connections and friendship made over the years, and has also been so inspirational in so many ways. From the vantage-point of a long-time attendee, PPX was the smoothest the best overall of the 10. You guys (and gals) are so amazing - you literally change lives!

- My loving and wonderful husband, Nathan - Dearest, thank you for everything you've done for this trip! And thank you for putting up with my preceding craziness. I love you!

- The vendors - for being exceptionally awesome this year! Lance, Ken, Zane, Dave - you guys are class acts! Thanks for your passion and dedication, because you make it possible for the rest of us to indulge in our passion for killer music!

- Bobbie & Nick - it was so great to spend so much time with you both this year! Thanks to Bobbie for the killer bday cake and brownies! That was one of the best highlights of the weekend for me! Love you guys!

- My wonderful friends - Eric, Biffle, Bill, Rick M., Brent, Amanda, Drew, Milton, Shaye & Urban, Norman, Michael, THE Michael, the Zods, the Bednowiczs, Paul, Ripper the Viking (dig the new look!), Rick P., Adam, Al, Joan, Kim - I love you all very much! Thank you for making all the hassles of the trip worth it to see your smiling faces year after year!

- Sabaton - Seriously. Special thanks for Joakim for the Swedish coins for my coin collection! lol!

- MindFlow - for being like my brothers, and for the incredible performance!

- The Artmore - for trying so hard to accommodate us.

- The Artmore Patio/Courtyard - Wow! It was perfect!

- Nightmare Records - extra thanks for having the Dynahead CD!

- PPUSA TWITTER - Oh man, I LOVED this! Thanks so much for all that effort, it really added a special element to the event this year!

- No smoking in the lobby! - very appreciative of this!

- Considerate smokers - thank you for being conscious of your surroundings.

- Jen (Miel) - it was so nice to meet you, even if briefly. Seeing how you interacted with everyone over the weekend just proves that you are very kind and loving. I hope we get a chance to chat a bit more next year! And thanks for helping the RingMaster stay sane enough to keep up with all that he does!

- Seeing Urban on stage again for the first time in years! (karaoke doesn't count!)

- Angela the bathroom attendant! Thanks for keeping that place clean for us every year!

- The video announcement and the Stargate theme! Totally awesome!

- Twittering with/following strangers at PP. Never did meet up with any of ya, but that sure was cool!

- Steak N Shake outing with so many great people!

- Finally meeting zedowns :D

- The stairs not being as dark this year. Perhaps this is because of the lights for the camera crew? I don't remember it being as easy to see in previous years that the camera crew were there. Whatever the case - bonus!

- The great conversation about ProgPower with the Artmore's daytime bartender. He actually knew quite a bit about the fest, and was very friendly!

- Sitting next to ElfChief and his friend on the flight home! Cheers to the lady who traded seats with me to make this possible!

JEERS:

- Artmore food times :(

- Tripping on the broken concrete outside the venue which made me twist my ankle and mess up my back.

- The jerks in front of me during Brainstorm who were mocking the band! :erk: Your attitude was so miserable that it was literally ruining the fun for me. Good thing I figured out the other half of the room was having MUCH more fun (far away from you!) and I moved to join the best group of buds on the floor!

- Putting up my "Privacy Please" sign but still getting TWO calls from housekeeping on Saturday morning while trying to sleep.

- Actually needing something from housekeeping when they call but the items never arrived.

- The "badly placed button" :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Madison Grille being closed. That's one of my favorite traditions down the drain. :rolleyes:

- I've come to the conclusion that half of the problem with the stairs every year isn't just the light, but that they are uneven. I don't mean width/length, I mean they aren't flat. I climbed to the top of the room a few times, only to feel like a cat in a tree when I wanted to go down. If only there were hand-rails... At least I didn't bite the dust!

That's enough. Cheers should always be longer than jeers! This was THE MOST kickass festival I've ever been to - all my jeers are just dumb complaints or clumsy mistakes. PP is ALWAYS the best experience of the year! :kickass: