Cheers and Jeers 2014

Yeah.. The two girls that were making out during PoS' set on Saturday paused long enough to have loud conversations during the quieter songs. So annoying.

My cheers and jeers….no….that isn’t right.
Ahem….starting again.
My CHEERS, because I have nothing to jeer:
1. Glenn and Jen for being amazing on more than a few levels.

2. For my crew family – I am humbled to be loved by you guys and to be allowed to be one of you…sorta :):
a. Tommy for being Tommy…and for wearing the socks that make me smile.
b. The front-of-house crew – thanks for letting me herd cats…erm, I mean rockstars with you for a few minutes. You guys are amazing.
c. The stage crew. Wow. Just simply wow. You are all awesome at what you do…and I don’t know how you do it!
d. Visa Guy – for many reasons. And I meant it: you get your fest up and my time is yours.
e. The T-Shirt crew – because you’re great women and I love working alongside you every year.
e1. and much love to Milton for stepping in for the assist this year!

3. My roomies – because you put up with me.

4. My ‘family’ – all of you. Thank you.

5. Special shout-outs to Lou, Mark and his wife Dawn (who damn well better be back next year!), Nailz, and…everyone else who was there to help when it was beyond necessary. I never doubted I had friends here, but the love that was shown as overwhelmed me to speechlessness – and you know that shit does NOT happen easily.
a. Please note that this COULD be a jeer, but I am not going to let that incident take up any more space in my head, so I am looking at it in that I learned that I am loved. And that’s fuckin awesome. #cheersbitches

6. FreakChylde for the smudge and for letting me tag along in the van and get my zen on – what a riot :) #sisters

7. Old friends and new – please remember: I know faces, not names. When we meet again next year, don’t hate me cuz I don’t know your name, but know that I DO remember your face (no, I have no clue what my hair will look like next year…or even next month, so I understand if you have a hard time placing me, too :) )

8. Amanda and Viking Jesus and gang for brunch and the mimosa delivery – hopefully we can attend in person next year!

9. Everyone who bought a ticket and came out to support what was to be our very last festival/family gathering. Thank you for keeping it going.

10. To next year!!!

You know... contrary to popular belief, I am NOT a woman... :lol:

You are Brazilian, and that's kinda the same thing...

6. FreakChylde for the smudge and for letting me tag along in the van and get my zen on – what a riot :) #sisters

I think I'll just bring the smudge every year. Seems if I don't need it for one thing, I'll need it for another. Except next year, we'll do it first. #sisters #norwegians :Smokedev:

I think I'll just bring the smudge every year. Seems if I don't need it for one thing, I'll need it for another. Except next year, we'll do it first. #sisters #norwegians :Smokedev:

truth! man, i think i will be packing some smudge for *all* my trips - just in case.
i DO love that they sang to me and for me and made my name a song <3:headbang::headbang:

Cheers :
To the entire PP Crew for Busting Ass and making this happen for us ! :worship:
Jeers :
Saw alot of really dumb drunks this year , nothing wrong with getting drunk and having fun but when you keep crashing into and spilling beer all over people that's not cool and I'm glad you got tossed !! :kickass:

Originally Posted by nailz View Post
No one deserves to be harrassed. And no one deserves what this guy was doing. You weren't there. You don't know what went down. I'm giving you a pass, but suffice to say, 15 of us decided he needed to leave the party immediately.THIS!

I can give you all of that. But to make it a Jeer? A guy is a dick towards women. A massive dick. You tell him to sod off and get him out of there. With as much enthusiasm as necessary. And ten minutes later you forget it.

And Yeah, I HAVE been in similar situations. Again, toss the fucker out on his ass and move on. Focusing on the negatives only reduces the quality of the experience. Put it in perspective is all I am saying.

I can give you all of that. But to make it a Jeer? A guy is a dick towards women. A massive dick. You tell him to sod off and get him out of there. With as much enthusiasm as necessary. And ten minutes later you forget it.

And Yeah, I HAVE been in similar situations. Again, toss the fucker out on his ass and move on. Focusing on the negatives only reduces the quality of the experience. Put it in perspective is all I am saying.

There's a difference between being a dick and assault.

You've been bitten by random crazy guys, who may or may not have diseases to pass on?

ENOUGH
i'm the one who was assaulted. yes, assaulted with marks and bruises left by him on MY body.

you want to talk about this any more, fuckin come find me and I will describe - in full color detail - what happened.
and for shits and giggles, since you think it's no big deal, I will give you the same treatment he gave me. fair?

until you were in my place, or you were my family helping to get rid of him, you have no room to talk.

now, kindly get back to the real reason we are all here: why the FESTIVAL was beyond amazing.

I will go a bit further than what Su said. That particular jeer is now closed for discussion. Rather than close the entire thread, I will delete further comments and give the offending poster a few weeks away from the forum.