Epic Drum Samples for you guys!

well I know that some of the samples that I found aren't available anymore, went looking back and some links are dead and gone. When I discovered that I had a full mix of samples for my library that were pretty rock solid, I figured that I would share. Its pretty hard to find good solid samples for every piece in a kit and since it took me almost two years of poking and prodding around, I figured that I would do the favor of sharing a complete set.

And I left most of the samples dry, although some gating here and there and other trimming for specifically what I do, users still have to blend and eq to get anything usable out of it, although you don't need too much processing as the samples together are pretty rock solid.

yeah, as I said, wasn't really being too serious ;)

thanks for providing

Oh, TheWinterSnow, thanks a lot btw! Let me know if you want me to host them on my newly created website. I think you'll get 600k/s from there and it'll be pretty much permanent since I'm planning on keeping that site for years to come =)

yeah, as I said, wasn't really being too serious ;)

thanks for providing

I know I caught that, just trying to provide a one stop place for the absolute noob to have an entire library (even if some of the samples are mirrored)

Because WMP sucks ass and can't read 24-bit wave files, I have the same problem. 16-bit wave files work just fine. I don't use WMP anyway though, f*ck that =)

seems to read 24-bit fine for me...sometimes, all my samples are working in WMP, though I do know of some audio files that haven't worked because of it.

Oh, TheWinterSnow, thanks a lot btw! Let me know if you want me to host them on my newly created website. I think you'll get 600k/s from there and it'll be pretty much permanent since I'm planning on keeping that site for years to come =)

sure thing dude

WMP has never read 24-bit wavs for me either - the difference is I recognize it's my own fault for continuing to use it :D

WMP has never read 24-bit wavs for me either - the difference is I recognize it's my own fault for continuing to use it :D

now I am intrigued! What causes grounds for some 24-bit audio to work and some not. Like I said, my samples are working just fine in WMP, and for some others its not, and even still some 24-bit audio doesn't work work for me as well.

Haven't listened to the samples yet but they seem good from all the responses! Awesome thing of you to do =)

was kind of hoping that someone would do a test run to see how it sounds (curious as to how they would sound with someone else mixing and processing them) But I am slicing together a track that I just redid so you can hear the drums only, give me a sec.

thanks (I think? ;))

I just hope the next trend won't be everyone blending two commercial samples they grabbed from some CD/rockband rip or something and uploading them here ;)

don't get me wrong, appreciate your effort....I just think that everyone on this board is using the same samples/ripped samples anyway, now they don't even have to blend them themselves and there'll be only one drumsound on this forum from now on,, lol.

(not being tooo serious here :D)

If the forum wou;dn't get smarter recording wise this would actualy be a good serious point haha
But i have the feeling that a good amount of people here are realy becoming some well developed engineers that are to smart to do what you described haha

Svartsot mix ready btw? hows it compared to Jacobs one before yours? Did an A/B yet?

which location did you dl from and where are you trying to open it? Its a small file, extremely short to a point where you need to add reverb to get somewhat of a tail.

WMP really does suck ass, it won't play any wavs of mine that are over 1024 kbps, or anything thats over 16 bit, and I have drum samples and songs that are fucking 32 bit! I only use it to listen to music on cds now, but apart from that, its a piece of shit.