Facebook

I'm on it. I find it handy for staying connected with friends in other states/abroad.

That's what my wife does, keeps friends and family updated, usually with my frequent stays in the hospital, like last year from Thanksgiving almost to Christmas.

I post with some frequency on FB. I have a personal page as well as a separate page for Lasers Edge.

This activity on this forum is falling off dramatically (as is most forums). I wonder if shutting down this forum and moving the focus to the FB page might generate more interest. Not something I plan on doing immediately. Just thinking out loud.

It might generate more interaction just because the vast majority of users access FB through their mobile devices and the FB app interface is way simpler than the forum's mobile app (which I downloaded a while ago but could never get the posting bit to work right). My two cents... :)

We'll see where it goes. There are only a handful of people left posting on the forum, although I'm sure there are a lot of lurkers. The forum doesn't cost me anything so I'm not in a rush to do anything but I would like to see more activity.

I'd post more, but I do not want to come off as a "know-it-all". I am merely someone who enjoys metal & prog music.

Facebook? Not my thing, sorry.

This may make me sound a bit dumb, but I've never gotten the hang of Facebook. The way it's organized confuses the heck out of me. I enjoy the forum format, where we can create and sustains multiple threads of conversation. I don't see that happening on FB.

Now that my hearing has returned after last year's health issues and I'm actually listening to music again, I hope to post on here more that I have been in the past few months, of course.

Ken, if you want to utilized FB more, I say go for it, but if keeping the forum around doesn't cost anything, I say leave it place for now for those of us who aren't FB savvy or regular users. Perhaps you could use increased activity on FB to drum up more activity for the forum?

As I mentioned, the forum isn't going away right now. When you create a FB group its not all that dissimilar to a forum like this. I can assign "stickies" to threads like "What are you listening to".

Essentially its a forum so it doesn't make sense to have a forum drive people's eyeballs over to an older format.

Well, I suppose I could finally learn how to use Facebook. Probably about time anyway. :heh:

I don't post here very much so my two cents is worth less than that, I suppose. I don't use FB, nor do I have any interest in using it. I'd hate to see this forum discontinued, as I do visit frequently.

If it happens, I understand the reasoning and wish you the best of luck.

I signed up to Facebook about 11 years ago - used it for about a week and then had enough of it, if people want to post what they had for dinner they have too much time on their hands - they should go listen to some good music!!
Please retain the forum !!!!

I go on facebook to keep my wife Honest & to spy on my Nieces so they dont get in trouble & post stupid stuff or Photos