Follow the Reaper

skakruk666

Midnight walker
Aug 20, 2006
Rancagua, Chile
hey, i read in an interview that Alexi's least favourite album is FTR, and the weakest points of the album are Hate me, ETID, BAF, FTR and KTS!!

he also said that he hates KTS's fuckin chorus, cos its gay :erk:.

I think its CoB best album by far! and KTS is one of my fav songs!

what do u think about it??

FTR is a great album, but really I couldn't pick a favourite I love them all.
Was my initial fave and played it to death, probably why I mainly listen to HCD and AYDY recently.
KTS is probably my fave song on the album along with Everytime I Die.
I can understand why he doesn't like it though after AYDY, not really much of a 'song' is it? Just a really awesome piece of music.

hey, i read in an interview that Alexi's least favourite album is FTR, and the weakest points of the album are Hate me, ETID, BAF, FTR and KTS!!
If that interview is true... that would mean Alexi doesn't like almost all Follow The Reaper's songs?...
...in that interview you talk about he left out only (an ironic "only") "Northern comfort", "Taste of my scythe", "Children of decadence" and "Mask of Sanity"....

-[chop]-;5705570 said:
Once upon a time..................

There was a thread just like this one
Hmmm... this is true too.

┼Victim of the Night┼;5705574 said:
If that interview is true... that would mean Alexi doesn't like almost all Follow The Reaper's songs?...
...in that interview you talk about he left out only (an ironic "only") "Northern comfort", "Taste of my scythe", "Children of decadence" and "Mask of Sanity"....

obviusly its true, its in SOB, and yeah thats what he means...he doesnt like it.. and he also says that HCDR is CoB at his best!!! :Smug: i totally disagree.

Well, he prefers the more rock oriented sound from Hate Crew Deathroll and Are You Dead Yet as opposed to the more classically oriented sound from Follow The Reaper. "Too many people are still trying to be Yngwie. I want less classical and more rock!", those were Alexi's exact words in Guitar Player, May 2006

Well, he prefers the more rock oriented sound from Hate Crew Deathroll and Are You Dead Yet as opposed to the more classically oriented sound from Follow The Reaper. "Too many people are still trying to be Yngwie. I want less classical and more rock!", those were Alexi's exact words in Guitar Player, May 2006

thx for that info man :)

No prob, I just want people to know in case they're wondering why he made a change in sound. Also, he said that he prefers the simplicity of the rock sound because it makes it easier to remember. The repetition of some riffs makes it remember, unlike the older stuff, which might have like seven riffs

No, Alexi didn't say that he doesn't like these songs. He said he doesn't like the album but there are some songs on it which he really likes. Maybe it's not that easy to understand what he meant when you only read it but he said it in a way that it was clear that he definitely likes these songs, so don't worry.

Alexi likes Hate Me! (which I've bored of and it doesn't work live), and of course Everytime I Die, the cool guitars at the first half of KtS, the choruses of Children of Decadence, and of course Mask of Sanity is the best live song but the album mix sucks ass, but Alexi doesn't like the Inearthed inspired classical stuff in the middle because it's not rock.

Alexi likes Hate Me! (which I've bored of and it doesn't work live)

:confused: Wtf are you talking about?? 'Hate Me!' doesn't work live?? Yeh, ok, that's why they opened with it on this last tour...

...I just had the priviledge of seeing them twice and that song was one of the best performed imo. I rather liked it and the crowd obviously went nuts, but whatever.

P.S. You still post here? :erk:

The song is like it can't decide whether to be evil or happy. It's gotten old long ago. I want a CoB concert to open up with a song like Living Dead Beat.

The song is like it can't decide whether to be evil or happy. It's gotten old long ago. I want a CoB concert to open up with a song like Living Dead Beat.

Well the band does what they want, not what you want... but they played LDB though also... I think it's smarter for them to open up with one of their more well-known songs to get the crowd pumped and get the ball rolling.

Yeah, i agree. The intro is pretty badass, and then the melody comes and it sounds like some kindergarden song.

Well the band does what they want, not what you want... but they played LDB though also... I think it's smarter for them to open up with one of their more well-known songs to get the crowd pumped and get the ball rolling.

Seriously, i think LDB is more well known, which is abit sad. When i saw them, this girl infront of me didnt recognize any of the songs, until they played In your face, and she screamed "omg this is the best song!!!". So the AYDY-generation will get more pumped up with LDB, obviously. And also think its a better song, for an intro and just generally.

Seriously, i think LDB is more well known, which is abit sad. When i saw them, this girl infront of me didnt recognize any of the songs, until they played In your face, and she screamed "omg this is the best song!!!". So the AYDY-generation will get more pumped up with LDB, obviously. And also think its a better song, for an intro and just generally.

Well that's your opinion, not mine, or the band's apparently which is all that matters really. LBD is not more well-known than Hate Me!... In Your Face might be though, and that is sad, but IYF is still a great song.

I don't know why everyone is against the "AYDY generation", I mean who gives a fuck. I got into Bodom a few months before Alexander left the band, so fucking what that other people happened to discover the band after me. Or that Bodom got more popular and their fanbase expanded... Geez, this elitist shit gets old. I'm not just talking about you, :p :) Don't feela attacked, I'mjust saying in general. It's BS.

I loved AYDY, and well, whoever didn't can fuck off. Stop bitching about it. :lol: If you ask 90% Bodom fans if they like AYDY, I bet they'd say yes, cause honestly the only time I hear of people tlaking shit about it is on UM/this message board. In real life, and at shows, people love it so :erk:

Well that's your opinion, not mine, or the band's apparently which is all that matters really. LBD is not more well-known than Hate Me!... In Your Face might be though, and that is sad, but IYF is still a great song.

I don't know why everyone is against the "AYDY generation", I mean who gives a fuck. I got into Bodom a few months before Alexander left the band, so fucking what that other people happened to discover the band after me. Or that Bodom got more popular and their fanbase expanded... Geez, this elitist shit gets old. I'm not just talking about you, :p :) Don't feela attacked, I'mjust saying in general. It's BS.

I loved AYDY, and well, whoever didn't can fuck off. Stop bitching about it. :lol: If you ask 90% Bodom fans if they like AYDY, I bet they'd say yes, cause honestly the only time I hear of people tlaking shit about it is on UM/this message board. In real life, and at shows, people love it so :erk:

I think you got me wrong, when i joined the forums, alot of people on the forum were bitching about the new people joining and being aydy fans, that wasnt what my post was about. Aydy is one of my favorite albums, among the rest of the CoB albums. But what i didnt like about alot of the new fans is that they practically dont bother to listen to the old songs, so that they have no clue of what made bodom so great in the first place. And im far from being an elitist, i hardly ever complain about people being worse than me, in any aspect :lol:

I think you got me wrong, when i joined the forums, alot of people on the forum were bitching about the new people joining and being aydy fans, that wasnt what my post was about. Aydy is one of my favorite albums, among the rest of the CoB albums. But what i didnt like about alot of the new fans is that they practically dont bother to listen to the old songs, so that they have no clue of what made bodom so great in the first place. And im far from being an elitist, i hardly ever complain about people being worse than me, in any aspect :lol:

:lol: I wasn't saying that's what you said sorry, I just saw the AYDY generation reference and I went off in a rant, my apologies. It sucks new fans don't bother to listens to the older stuff, but hey it's their loss. If AYDY is all they dig, then that's their business I guess. :p