Follow the Reaper

┼Victim of the Night┼;5712342 said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Something Wild's songs are not just a bunch of riffs?

God, I perceive a linking line among one riff and another one, I don't find stuff with no sense, there.... I feel a lot of human istinctivity, which is good cause that way I feel that music close to me.

I really don't understand... for me they're so great songs...

I think something wild is a great album and not 'just a bunch of riffs'. In actual fact most of it is very cleverly written imo.

i love something wild,i think its one of the best metal debuts of all time,allthough i see what you mean about the songs sounding like a bunch of riffs together,but the songs have good construction and form either way

I think something wild is a great album and not 'just a bunch of riffs'. In actual fact most of it is very cleverly written imo.

I agree. And maybe CoB guys, expecially Alexi, don't give to that album the importance it deserves cause it's been part of a hard and angry period of their life..

This album is very different from the Follow The Reaper one.

With Follow The Reaper CoB's style started to change always more... till what it is right now.

Man, this is the first time I've heard that Laiho disliked FTR, which is one of my favorite of their albums. It's disappointing but also understandable that he likes the newer less melodic stuff better, since that's the direction the band is going in. However, I really hope there's a change of heart before the next album comes out. If it gets any more generic-rockish, it could get radio play (not cool!). I want the old COB back!

┼Victim of the Night┼;5712375 said:
I don't know, maybe you're right but... in the end I like that album that way it is... for me it couldn't have been better.

My fav song from Something Wild is "In the shadows", along with "Lake Bodom".

Well, I like a lot Follow The Reaper album, but Something Wild fights against it to gain the second position in my list about fav CoB albums put in order.

I agree. It's not perfect, but to err is human, and the obvious display of humanity through his lyrics and the album's production make the album that much more enjoyable. Makes you remember that there is a human being behind the melodic perfection of it all. :)

However, FTR and HB beat it for the top two spots.

I don't believe Alexi would do coke, but he might have tryed heroine. His performances aren't as good as back then but at least it's half decent. I don't think drugs have affected him too much. He's still in controll and if he really does do them, he'll know when to stop if the music gets shitty.

FTR is still my favorite album by them. Even if HB is a better album, i prefer SW. It's darker and more atmospheric.

not true alexis least favorite album is something wild coz the songs are not made well there just a bunch of riffs together

stfu and read this:

Zarok: Ok, you just talked about the weakest part of Hatebreeder, so what do you think about Follow The Reaper?

Alexi: Well, it's my least favourite album.

:Smug: what were u saying?? :Smug:

┼Victim of the Night┼;5712342 said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Something Wild's songs are not just a bunch of riffs?

God, I perceive a linking line among one riff and another one, I don't find stuff with no sense, there.... I feel a lot of human istinctivity, which is good cause that way I feel that music close to me.

I really don't understand... for me they're so great songs...

same for me... i think its my fav album.. it might be true that the songs aren't so well "assembled", but they have like "something", like power that make them incredible.

I don't believe Alexi would do coke, but he might have tryed heroine. His performances aren't as good as back then but at least it's half decent. I don't think drugs have affected him too much. He's still in controll and if he really does do them, he'll know when to stop if the music gets shitty.

FTR is still my favorite album by them. Even if HB is a better album, i prefer SW. It's darker and more atmospheric.

...Sooo your sayin that you dont think alexi would do cocaine which is harmless compared to what you think he WOULD do,HEROINE which is the most devasting and extreme drug out there,correct me if im wrong but i think your logic has failed in this opinion

I don't believe Alexi would do coke, but he might have tryed heroine. His performances aren't as good as back then but at least it's half decent.

What is the difference between coke and heroine?

And i think his performances are the same they were before, he just fucked up his voice. But fuck ups have always been a part of Bodom :lol:

And i think his performances are the same they were before, he just fucked up his voice. But fuck ups have always been a part of Bodom :lol:

Haha wow, you must have only been watching live videos from 2003 onwards.
You wouldn't be saying that if you had all the live videos from 97-02, let me tell you.

that might work if you were around him 24/7 every single day, but that's not the case. Also i've heard otherwise from quite a few sources that I trust. So don't state it as a fact that he doesn't and I won't say he does when I am unsure as well.