Guess the 2016 Lineup

I have no idea who has new material coming out that Glenn has already been privy to and it really doesn't matter. If he books Barry Manilow I am still coming coz I trust his judgement and he, Jen and the rest of the crew host the best extended family reunion I can imagine. That said I will throw out an oddball that has ZERO CHANCE coz I doubt anyone else likes them, but The Wildhearts from England - have been around since the 90s, have an amazingly interesting history and play riff infused music with punk undertones and three or four part harmonies. Probably don't cost too much and have barely ever played in the US in any of their incarnations. They are not prog, and not really metal, but they are one of the best things to come out of the UK since the NWOBM.

I also think maybe Glenn goes into the Way Back Machine and brings over one of the old bands that never made it over here like Diamond Head or someone along those lines. Hell, he has already brought us just about every one else :)
Cheers
jeff

I have no idea who has new material coming out that Glenn has already been privy to and it really doesn't matter. If he books Barry Manilow I am still coming coz I trust his judgement and he, Jen and the rest of the crew host the best extended family reunion I can imagine. That said I will throw out an oddball that has ZERO CHANCE coz I doubt anyone else likes them, but The Wildhearts from England - have been around since the 90s, have an amazingly interesting history and play riff infused music with punk undertones and three or four part harmonies. Probably don't cost too much and have barely ever played in the US in any of their incarnations. They are not prog, and not really metal, but they are one of the best things to come out of the UK since the NWOBM.

I also think maybe Glenn goes into the Way Back Machine and brings over one of the old bands that never made it over here like Diamond Head or someone along those lines. Hell, he has already brought us just about every one else :)
Cheers
jeff

Diamond Head has been to the states on two different US tours the past 6 years and before that in NY.

Friday of 2016 will consist of every band whose 2015 visas finally got approved.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if all the visa headaches in 2015 lead to 2016 being announced at the final Progpower during the 2016 lineup unveiling on Friday. The visa issue only seems to be getting worse with the government showing no desire improve the process.

I hope that doesn't end up being the case, but Glenn has hinted at retirement before due to the never-ending visa issues and other assorted headaches. But then again, could Glenn ever end Progpower without a full-blown Savatage reunion show - i.e. Glenn's "Holy Grail?" Perhaps 2016 is the year it finally happens.

Dream Evil (Working on a new album right now)
Solution .45 (Working on a new 2 CD concept album right now)
Freak Kitchen
Iced Earth
Primal Fear
Manticora
Periphery
Biomechanical (reunion?)
Delain
Demons & Wizards (I'm always going to hope)
Echoes of Eternity (Working on a new album)
Faith No More
Hellfueled
Into Eternity
Imminent Sonic Destruction
Mystic Prophecy
Nocturnal Rites
Rage
ReVamp
Whispered

Just my thoughts.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if all the visa headaches in 2015 lead to 2016 being announced at the final Progpower during the 2016 lineup unveiling on Friday. The visa issue only seems to be getting worse with the government showing no desire improve the process. I hope that doesn't end up being the case, but Glenn has hinted at retirement before due to the never-ending visa issues and other assorted headaches. But then again, could Glenn ever end Progpower without a full-blown Savatage reunion show - i.e. Glenn's "Holy Grail?" Perhaps 2016 is the year it finally happens.

My guess is sold out shows > visa issues.

Friday Night:
Neverdream
Age of Artemis
Dark Moor
Pyramaze
Adagio
Gamma Ray (Special Set: Land of the Free)

Saturday Night
Ethernity
Tyr
Threshold
Haken
Orphaned Land (Special Set: Mabool)
Edguy (Special Set: Either Theater of Salvation or Hellfire Club)