Guess the 2016 Lineup

For the most part I enjoy the heavy/power/thrash bands so here are some bands I'd love to see play or return to ProgPower:

New Bands:
Metal Church (first and foremost!!)
U.D.O.

Returning bands:

Accept

Never thought about having UDO and Accept at the same show. Talk about the elephant in the room. Metal Church seems to be on a bunch of these lists.

Bryant

File this under "cold day in hell" list:

A "Redemption" lineup (Not the band Redemption) that features all the drop-outs of Progpower's history... Each year there have been many drop-outs

To name a few from recently
Anubis Gate
Persefone
Reinxeed
ARCTURUS LOL

Followed by tomato throwing based on performance

I gave up on guessing the lineup years ago, as I would usually get one or two bands right at the most. I don't bother with wish lists, either. I figure that I'm going to like at least half of the bands on the bill each year regardless of the lineup. Not counting the bands playing on Wednesday or Thursday, I'm actually looking forward to seeing 75% of this year's lineup (well, maybe 2/3 after seeing Native Construct on Tuesday. I'm hoping that it was just the terrible sound mix that made their set a disappointment).

Anywho, I really just wanted to respond to labarum. If you're going to put a "redemption lineup" together, you should add the original blow-off headliner: Nevermore!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

A "Redemption" lineup (Not the band Redemption) that features all the drop-outs of Progpower's history... Each year there have been many drop-outs

Anubis Gate
Persefone
Reinxeed
ARCTURUS LOL

Dumb Evil aka Dream Evil

Anubis Gate
Persefone
Reinxeed
ARCTURUS LOL

Volbeat, tho they are probably too big for Progpower anymore.

I've also heard that Wastefall is back together, tho I haven't heard about new music from them.

Here's what I come up with. Who knows?

Friday:
Shadow Gallery
Grave Digger
Grand Magus
Votum
Vektor
Visigoth

Saturday:
Psychotic Waltz
Amorphis
Slough Feg
Savage Messiah
Vanishing Point
Binary Creed

Britt

Friday:
Shadow Gallery
Grave Digger
Grand Magus
Votum
Vektor
Visigoth

Saturday:
Psychotic Waltz
Amorphis
Slough Feg
Savage Messiah
Vanishing Point
Binary Creed

Britt

Lol, this would be an awful show!
I'd pass on Friday because there isn't a single band I'd care to see.
Saturday is fairly solid though, if we could add a true headliner and have Psychotic Waltz play second fiddle.

Friday:
Shadow Gallery
Grave Digger
Grand Magus
Votum
Vektor
Visigoth

Saturday:
Psychotic Waltz
Amorphis
Slough Feg
Savage Messiah
Vanishing Point
Binary Creed

Britt

On second thought, with a little alteration we could turn Friday into something like "V Day", or even the entire festival of V's

Friday Night
VandenPlas
Vanishing Point
Voivod
Valleys Eve
Votum
Vitruvious

Saturday night
Vision Divine Headliner
Vain co-headliner
Vicious Rumors
Vaudxdvil reunion
Vektor
Visigoth

That would be a novel idea and the bands out there make it an actual feasible idea, as there is some headliner appeal and some solid choices at the other levels, mid level band and opening acts.

there is a severe lack of Pheriphery in this thread - and they would kick everyone's ass at center stage. such a great live band.

Saw folks mention Fear Factory and Killswitch Engage - FF would be great to get a full album of one of the conceptual albums, but they are pretty heavy for PP. But Glenn did get Overkill (FUCK YOU). and KS:E would be amazing. I have seen them many many times and they are amazing live.

Dunno why we don't just be real and call this the Wish List thread...but I will play along anyway.

Friday
Shattered Skies
Iron Saviour
Subsignal
Anubis Gate
Mustasch
Amorphis

Saturday
Serious Black
Straight Line Stitch (oddball?)
Amanda Sommerville (Unisonic/Kiske-Sommerville)
Amaranthe
Threshold
Sonata Artica
There is Anaranthe for ya. You can cease your amazement.