Has anyone heard of Olympos Mons?

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
I was looking for some information on Magic Kingdom because of a review from Metal-Rules.com and I ended up on limb-music.de. After checking out a song from MK (which I thought was good) I checked out another band they had listed there called Olympos Mons (along with the remaster of Pagan Mind's first CD). They are from Finland and the description is as follows: "The mixture of hard and aggressive guitar riffs and musical-like passages with strings, bagpipes and harps are the basis for powerful, bombastic metal songs full of a uniquely mystical atmosphere." I downloaded the one song they have on the site and thought it was great.
So, my question is, has anybody else heard of them and if you have, what do you think?

Just being curious cause I liked what I heard.

I too was checking out the Limb Music site a few weeks back & discovered Olympus Mons. I liked what I heard as well. Apparently so do quite a few other people. The Olympus Mons song, Through The Ice & Snow is the highest rated song on my radio station, with a perfect 10 rating. So far only that one song is available, but I am highly anticipating the release of the album. Definitely check them out.

You can always count on Limb Music to release quality power/progressive metal. Hell, I own half the Limb catalog.

Hey, it says they have bag-pipes ... you know it's going to be good! ;)

I love Through The Ice & Snow and definitely plan on picking up the album when it's released here in the USA.

Not only have I heard of em, but I own the CD. IMO it rocks. It was mixed and produced at Finnvox studios so ya know the production is gona be great.

To me they mix a dose of Hammerfall, Stratovarius, and Sonata Arctica along with some intersting minor tidbits to create a well crafted CD.

Nothing really new and inventive here, but if you like good catchy Melodic Power Metal, that has plenty of mixture, do yourself a favor and grab this disc.

DrumRman said:
Not only have I heard of em, but I own the CD. IMO it rocks. It was mixed and produced at Finnvox studios so ya know the production is gona be great.

To me they mix a dose of Hammerfall, Stratovarius, and Sonata Arctica along with some intersting minor tidbits to create a well crafted CD.

Nothing really new and inventive here, but if you like good catchy Melodic Power Metal, that has plenty of mixture, do yourself a favor and grab this disc.
i agree.....

I was able to buy the album yesterday and I really think it's great! Granted, it doesn't break any boundaries or add anything new to the genre, however, I really think it's an awesome album. My only complaint is that I wish they would have taken advantage of using the bagpipes and flute more, oh well. Seven Seas is on heck of a song!