housemates

a good mate of mine is moving soon to his grandma's apartment (she passed away a few months ago). its pretty big and i'll be there pretty often a reckon. sweet.

concerning divorces and splits and that, i think its for the best if two people cannot communicate to split. constant arguing is a lot more annoying on the long term. anyways, its not very easy i guess... :(

blackeyed said:
things dont last forever - i dont care who you are and what toothpaste you use..
i kinda agree with that. i mean, how the hell can you feel the same about a reson till the day you die? i dunno if i can do that. and i'm not talking about you mum or dad.

Eos said:
My mom said that in life you shouldn't just stick to old habbits but maybe also give a chance to something new. She sais that now she still could start to get a life on her own.

@Don: Somehow I think it's the best too. I told them both that I'm old enough to know that relationships can go wrong and I know the feeling when you just want your peace from a person you've been with for a long time. My problem is that I have to make a decision and I have the feeling that both of them are tearing me in their own direction. I can understand it but on the other side it doesn't make sense since one of them is probably not gonna stay in Bern for a long time anymore.

how old is your brother? i mean is he old enough to take it like you will?

and isnt it possible for you to tell them that you would be better off living alone than having to choose between them? or maybe you dont want to leave alone?

if the same thing happened to me, i think i would definitely have the right to ask them to respect my decision of living alone. just a thought, shelley. im pretty sure you thought about this, too of course.

i had been living with some housemates for 2 years and mostly it wasn't ok (especialy in second year), but now i live with parents again... and it's probably even worse as they out their nose in much more things than my housemates... :p

I've been living with my parents all of my life (if we don't count the on-and-off living I had with Someone for a while... :cry: ), so I have never had problems like that fortunately.
I sing in a choir, and sometimes -as we live at families while having concerts abroad- we have to offer our homes to those choirs' members who come to Hungary to sing. Times like these I sleep in my sister's room and the choir girlies get mine, and I always get worried of that they destroy my room while I'm not there :eek:
but it comes from some bad experience... once in primary school I have been to a summer camp, and while I was away, my sister invited some friends of hers, and they slept in my room, messing everything up and crushing some things of mine. Not big things, but they meant so much to me. The most terrible in it was that it was not my sister who told me about it, saying sorry in the end, but I found out that there are some things missing or not at the places I have left them... :bah:

Eos said:
Nope, I haven't yet.. I know what would be the best for me but it seems like it's gonna be hard to tell that without braking someone's heart.
I told them tho that I'm gonna made my mind up only upon rational arguments.
A very good attitude, not let yourself be the target for emotional blackmailing.

i share my flat with two blonde girls and we all have sauna together and sleep in the same bed. its really great. they also like to give me huge wet kisses.
other one also licks my toes when i come home, how sweet is that?!
damn, life can be good.

sol83 said:
i kinda agree with that. i mean, how the hell can you feel the same about a reson till the day you die? i dunno if i can do that. and i'm not talking about you mum or dad.
precisely. oh and what i meant was, things never remain the same, and they dont last for anybody regardless of you circumstance (eg what toothpaste you use lol)
reminds me of when you start being with someone and you are expected to make all these promises without knowing what the future holds. things change, i think its far more important to be flexible - if you get me.....although i would love to meet someone who i was willing to make those kinds of promises for.
there we go, im a living contradiction lol

i share this house with my hb and daughter and 5 cats;
sometimes it's OK, but at other moments i just wanna kick 'em all out.:(

@ eos: it's a very difficult situation, hope everything will work out allright for you

blackeyed said:
reminds me of when you start being with someone and you are expected to make all these promises without knowing what the future holds. things change, i think its far more important to be flexible - if you get me.....although i would love to meet someone who i was willing to make those kinds of promises for. there we go, im a living contradiction lol
you don't have to make any such promises when starting a relationship imo. the intention of two people sharing their lifes in the near future will do. being flexible is also about adapting to changes in your partner or in yourself or in the relationship you have. just stay true to yourself and try to make the best of it :)

Alwin said:
you don't have to make any such promises when starting a relationship imo. the intention of two people sharing their lifes in the near future will do. being flexible is also about adapting to changes in your partner or in yourself or in the relationship you have. just stay true to yourself and try to make the best of it :)

yup thats exactly what i am doing. par exemple, i started a relationship with a guy a week or so ago, and he was talking about how he wants to come to london with me when i go to uni, and all this future rubbish....dont get me wrong, it was sweet of him to consider this but it was also rather dim witted imo. needless to say we broke up after four days....was a hopeless situation to start off we with and we realised that it wasnt worth it. he wasnt the one and thats what im holding out for.
hmmm how did this change into relationships?! lol, well im still looking for a flat mate - any offers?

blackeyed said:
yup thats exactly what i am doing. par exemple, i started a relationship with a guy a week or so ago, and he was talking about how he wants to come to london with me when i go to uni, and all this future rubbish....dont get me wrong, it was sweet of him to consider this but it was also rather dim witted imo. needless to say we broke up after four days....was a hopeless situation to start off we with and we realised that it wasnt worth it. he wasnt the one and thats what im holding out for.
hmmm how did this change into relationships?! lol, well im still looking for a flat mate - any offers?
good for you, seems you're on the right track :)
i am quite happy my flatmate days are over (as far as i can see), cause i'm not very compatible with living the community life :yell:
right now i live together with my girlfriend and my cat and i'm happy to see it work (after a failed cohabitation with my x-gf and a coinciding personal collapse)