How about EIDOLON for Prog Power V?

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
I think this band would be AWESOME as that 1 off band Glenn usually has every year. Like Mercenary for IV, I think EIDOLON could tear the roof off of Earthlink Live!

Shawn the drummer lives right in Atlanta as well, talk about being close!

This band deserves more attention, they absolutely kick ass, just ask anyone who saw them at the BW&BK 6 pack weekend fest!

Because it's completely asinine to have so many new threads clogging up the board when there are already SEVERAL general threads existing for the exact same purpose.

chibitotoro said:
Because it's completely asinine to have so many new threads clogging up the board when there are already SEVERAL general threads existing for the exact same purpose.
I disagree. I believe a separate thread will draw more attention to a specific band instead of having it lost amongst many posts in a general thread.

jkohn said:
Given how light the traffic is on this board these days, I don't see a problem with more band-specific threads. What else is there to post about?
Exactly my thoughts when I decided to make this thread. I could see if this board moved fast, and there were already tons of threads for people to look through, but considering the pace, I thought it was an ok thing to do. Im not creating 20 different posts and spamming the thought of Eidolon playing relentlessly. I figure 1 post, on a band Id really like to see (and maybe some other people to) in hopes of maybe giving Glen some ideas, thats all.

:)

If people want to create threads, to advocate one band or another, I see no harm. Glenn has already commented that such threads will have no bearing on who he picks. But if people are having fun with it, so be it.

I seriously doubt Eidolon would appear at a PP any time soon. They were at last year's BW & BK festival. Glenn typically likes to bring bands to PP that people haven't seen before. Additionally, I doubt he'd be high on the idea of bringing a band to PP that played last year's competing festival.

As for Eidolon, I saw them at the aforementioned BW&BK and thought enough of them to buy "Coma Nation". That being said, I haven't played the disc very often. I find their music kind of dull. 90% of it moves at a single pace and the songs tend to run together. The fact that the singer is fairly monotone, doesn't help to give the songs much seperation from one another. I've heard the new CD as well, and the song quality isn't really any stronger. If you liked "Coma Nation", you'll probably like it. However, if "Coma Nation" didn't rock your world, don't expect to be blown away by the new one.

As for blowing the roof off of Earthinl Live... unlikely. They are a fairly low energy band onstage.

GZ

General Zod said:
If people want to create threads, to advocate one band or another, I see no harm. Glenn has already commented that such threads will have no bearing on who he picks. But if people are having fun with it, so be it.

I seriously doubt Eidolon would appear at a PP any time soon. They were at last year's BW & BK festival. Glenn typically likes to bring bands to PP that people haven't seen before. Additionally, I doubt he'd be high on the idea of bringing a band to PP that played last year's competing festival.

As for Eidolon, I saw them at the aforementioned BW&BK and thought enough of them to buy "Coma Nation". That being said, I haven't played the disc very often. I find their music kind of dull. 90% of it moves at a single pace and the songs tend to run together. The fact that the singer is fairly monotone, doesn't help to give the songs much seperation from one another. I've heard the new CD as well, and the song quality isn't really any stronger. If you liked "Coma Nation", you'll probably like it. However, if "Coma Nation" didn't rock your world, don't expect to be blown away by the new one.

As for blowing the roof off of Earthinl Live... unlikely. They are a fairly low energy band onstage.

GZ
I totally agree with you! I would much rather see Brainstorm!!!!