Iced Earth's Jon Schaffer wanted by FBI

Oct 4, 2007
I can't seem to get the hyberlink function working, so feel free to cut and paste the following story concern into your browser.

https://loudwire.com/iced-earth-jon-schaffer-pro-trump-mob-capitol-photo/

I'll stay away from the political commentary about the mob other than to say that people have every right to believe what they want and to exercise that belief through protest. However, when they broke open windows and entered the Capitol Building, they crossed the line from peaceful expression into a violent mob. It's a miracle more people weren't killed.

Nonetheless, I will say that I feel sorry for the other members of Iced Earth. For a change, the lineup has been relatively stable over the last decade, but now it's almost certain that Iced Earth is no longer going to be a viable entity, at least not with Jon. Even if he manages to avoid prison time (which is a huge if), he will likely be toxic to most mainstream record companies and concert promoters.

Not excusing what happened, but how is a person to know they're breaking the law, when the Capitol police open the doors, stand aside, and just let people in? Heck I had no idea it was a felony to go into the Capitol. Also, people were let into the Capitol 20 minutes before Trump started his speech which kills the "Trump incited it" theory. Also, the violence was started by antifa and planned well in advance. I don't know, but I'm sorry Jon was part of that. I'll wager he didn't know he was breaking the law.

Capitol police let people in
https://twitter.com/sugaspov/status/1346919943238000645
https://twitter.com/christina_bobb/status/1347596278583197698

Capitol police taking selfies with the rioters
https://www.chron.com/news/nation-w...ng-selfies-with-trump-supporters-15851069.php

Antifa at the Capitol
https://rumble.com/vcvib5-antifa-bl...building-planning-their-attack-on-senate.html

Always wanted to see Iced Earth, and without Jon it will be a lot different. If he goes to jail, hopefully he will be out quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: engmtlhd
Welp, thats the last we'll see of Jon for a while. I was really hoping Iced Earth (with Jon) would be making one last appearance at PPUSA before Glenn's last show, but it won't happen now that is for sure. They'll put the screws to everyone that participated in that episode to make examples of them. A person has to be smart about things regardless of the circumstances, and going into the Capitol literally loaded for bear obviously isn't the way to do it.

Last edited:
You'll see him again sooner than you think. Assuming no prior criminal record and the charges against him he may not serve a day in prison, at most he'll do a few months. Hopefully he'll learn something about getting too caught up in a cult mentality.

Take Sides? What exactly is Schaffer's "side." He heard on the Alex Jones show that the election was "stolen" and so is justified in becoming a terrorist and traitor? I'll take a side. I hope he gets 20 years. He is a traitor and should be shunned forever by the entire music industry..

Unless you want this thread to blow up in your face, don't call people terrorists and traitors. We all have strong opinions on the election and it's outcome, but this isn't the place for it.

And just to piss you the fu&^% off, I'll go buy some more Iced Earth albums.

Take Sides? What exactly is Schaffer's "side." He heard on the Alex Jones show that the election was "stolen" and so is justified in becoming a terrorist and traitor? I'll take a side. I hope he gets 20 years. He is a traitor and should be shunned forever by the entire music industry..

Schaffer can't disappear fast enough for me.

Unless you want this thread to blow up in your face, don't call people terrorists and traitors. We all have strong opinions on the election and it's outcome, but this isn't the place for it.

And just to piss you the fu&^% off, I'll go buy some more Iced Earth albums.
That's a weird threat, my dude.

For the record...

For those that do not know, I am a moderator on this forum. I would like to keep this thread open given that we have a decent, cordial and open discussion on the current events. If we cannot do that, the thread will be closed to further comments and/or deleted.

I believe we have a right to express our opinions here as long as there are no direct attacks on fellow members and their own views. There is no doubt this is a highly volatile discussion within the USA today and most likely going forward for a long while. It is my personal belief that what are known as proven "facts" and "truth" are no longer easily distinguished in today's society. Please keep that in mind as you post your beliefs and views. If you have a beef with this, please contact me with direct message. Thank you.

I've been following this story with interest along with the whole US election piece and subsequent developments. Quite disturbing in reality. Generally though, and social media has a lot to do with this, people don't take the time to think about things and make a judgement. They just make judgement and believe. I heard someone say the other day "I don't need to prove X is true because it's what I believe". Once you start applying the equivalent of a religious belief system to everyday life and politics......that's not a good place to be.

As far as Jon is concerned......a bloke in his mid 50's really should know better regardless of anything else (speaking as one about to cross the 50 barrier myself this year)

As for Trump......I just don't understand how someone with zero experience in public office can end up in the highest office in the land (well I do but I don't want to upset anyone). I do however understand how that ends up in a complete and utter mess.

Reactions: Kez
Also, the violence was started by antifa and planned well in advance.
Antifa simply don't have the kind of power that you're attributing to them (they could only dream of it). The crowd was made up of different disparate groups with their own ideas about what they were going to do there. I mean, I heard there was at least one antifa person there, but with a crowd that size, violence is likely to start at dozens of different spots. There were mobs on both the east and west sides of the building who practically acted separately, breaching their respective barriers over an hour apart.