Iced Earth's Jon Schaffer wanted by FBI

I'll just leave this here..... Seems silly to be going back to this all over again on a music board, but whatever....

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/revolver-news/

Well, to answer your question, the front man for Iced Earth, Jon Schaffer, is still locked up in a jail cell in Washingtom DC because of what happened on January 6. I posted those links because they are relevant to his situation & the future (or whats left of it) of he and his band. Iced Earth and Demons & Wizards has played ProgPower, so it would seem relevant here. So, yes its a music board and yes we should have some interest in what happened and what will happen to Jon Schaffer, the musician. As far as I know he has not yet had his day in court, and so the willingness of many to readily throw the man under the bus and forget about him is puzzling to me.

As far as https://mediabiasfactcheck.com, who made them the arbiters of truth?

As the ancient Romans would ask: Who shall fact check the fact checkers?

As far as I know he has not yet had his day in court, and so the willingness of many to readily throw the man under the bus and forget about him is puzzling to me.

He plead guilty a few weeks back, and is expected to serve 3.5-4.5 years..... So yeah, still locked up.

Beauty of the internet: there's a ton of fact checkers out there. Not trying to say those two articles are factual or not, just that their source is dubious over a lengthy period of time. One site is hardly the arbiter, but it makes for a quick barometer of reliability as to whether I need to waste my time reading anything from them, be them left or right politically.

Reactions: Kez
Yup yup. I saw a video of Schaffer being interviewed by someone as he was marching to the Capitol with a bunch of people. He seemed pretty determined to step outside the law and break something at the Capitol. Hard to believe anyone doing that, with all the cameras and cellphone everywhere, could figure on just walking away after it was over.

Oh well. 3.5-4.5 years is a long time to write music. Maybe he'll come out with some inspired music when he comes out of the big house.

2020 was pretty sucky. 2021 looks like its equally sucky. The suck just doesn't want to end. At this rate I'm wondering if we'll all be back in Atlanta in 2022. We're all overdue for a break.

2020 was pretty sucky. 2021 looks like its equally sucky. The suck just doesn't want to end. At this rate I'm wondering if we'll all be back in Atlanta in 2022. We're all overdue for a break.

Gods I hope so..... Still a long ways away, so hopefully everyone can get their s&*t together before then so we can do this thang. I was able to see Jack Russell's Great White last weekend (first live music in 16 months), and hope to see Geoff Tate in September, and have tix for Genesis and Dream Theater both in December, so don't want to see these COVID numbers spiking again....