Iced Earth's Jon Schaffer wanted by FBI

Antifa simply don't have the kind of power that you're attributing to them (they could only dream of it). The crowd was made up of different disparate groups with their own ideas about what they were going to do there. I mean, I heard there was at least one antifa person there, but with a crowd that size, violence is likely to start at dozens of different spots. There were mobs on both the east and west sides of the building who practically acted separately, breaching their respective barriers over an hour apart.

Yes the more information that has come out since my post on January 18th bears that out for sure. There were all sorts of left, right, and anarchist groups in there with their own agendas. Were there any agents of foreign governments involved? There are simply a lot of unanswered questions about what happened that day for anyone to have a complete picture. Whatever the truth is, we probably won't be told all of it, and what we are told will probably fit the political purposes of the person telling it. Its impossible to even buy a cheeseburger these days without some sort of political issue attached to it. Whatever the case, historically court intrigue has never been as simple as what it appears.

For example... In such cases one has to always ask the question as to who stood to gain the most from the riot? With the clarity of hindsight, those wishing to disrupt the challenging of the electors from certain states probably stood to gain ta great deal from it, for after the capitol riot, all electoral challenges ceased. Then there was the chaos factor where you simply had some people wanting to raise hell. Hell was certainly raised, but was their goal simply anarchistic chaos and nothing more? Did some espionage teams get in there to acquire classified information? For example, Nancy Pelosi's laptop was stolen from her desk, and I don't think anyone has found it yet. What else was stolen? Does anyone even know? Did Trump or his associates mastermind the entire thing? Were people actually trying to start a coup? Given the police and military power of our government, it seems hard to believe anyone actually thought they could launch a successful coup with a bunch of hooligans wearing buffalo horned hats and other costumes, none of whom had any firearms. So was it simply wild chaos? When you have an angry crowd with pitchforks (or bear spray) reason probably isn't a guiding factor so some of these people were probably just mad, found themselves in a crowd marching into the capitol, and they just followed along for the ride. What other sorts of people were in that crowd who entered the capitol? Then there was the situation of the capitol guards. You can see in the videos they appeared to help move the crowd barriers aside themselves, and they opened the doors to the capitol from the inside while standing aside letting people file into the capitol building itself. The guards seemed not to be upset in any way, with at least one even taking selfies with some of the rioters. Why did the guards seem to go along with it? Were they acting out of fear, were they told to stand down, or was there something more? The role the capitol police played is a big question and we may never get an answer to it. Nancy Pelosi, as speaker of the house, is responsible for capitol security. Why did she (or someone under her) turn down repeated pleas for more law enforcement personnel prior to January 6th? Was it simply out of incompetence? I've read offers for the deployment of national guard troops was also turned down. Why?

There are just so many unanswered questions about what happened that day. Some people in congress are now calling for a 9/11 type commission to investigate what really happened. That is a great idea, but if we get a commission and in a couple years it issues a report, will we be able to fully trust the report? Will its conclusions be tainted by the political objectives and ambitions of powerful politicians, bureaucrats and other players in Washington?

No doubt the capitol riot will go down in the annals of history with as many conspiracy theories as what surrounded the Kennedy assassination or the rumored UFO crash in Roswell. Sadly, the public will probably never ever have a complete picture of what happened that day, and we deserve to know.

Last edited:
"No doubt the capitol riot will go down in the annals of history with as many conspiracy theories as what surrounded the Kennedy assassination or the rumored UFO crash in Roswell. Sadly, the public will probably never ever have a complete picture of what happened that day, and we deserve to know."

The problem is that too many people want to believe ANYTHING except for what's plainly in front of their face. Years and years ago, paranoia and suspicion used to run rampant on late night radio (Art Bell...George Nouri, and the like), and now, because of internet access, it's everywhere. I stopped listening to that stuff when it became clear that most of these people were delusional and mentally not well. Sadly, it's spread to a good chunk of this country. The perils of Freedom of Speech.

Yep that is Jon alright right about the 25 second mark of the video. What a shame, to throw it all away like that and for what? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. He will have a lot of time to think it all over sitting in that prison cell. They won't let him have his guitar either (guitar strings), so his musicianship will go down the toilet without being able to practice for years and years. With no income coming in, his family back home will suffer. He let his bandmates down, who had a great thing going with Iced Earth. He let his fans down. When he gets out of the big house, he will be an old man having lost his precious voting and firearms rights. Yep, that's going to be a cold prison cell for a long time to come. On a positive note, hardship has been known to be good for song writing, so maybe when he finally gets out he will have a lot of song material in hand. But who would buy his songs? Personally I believe in second chances after he does his time, but who can say? See ya later Jon. We wish you had just practiced your guitar on that day instead.

Last edited:
Take Sides? What exactly is Schaffer's "side." He heard on the Alex Jones show that the election was "stolen" and so is justified in becoming a terrorist and traitor? I'll take a side. I hope he gets 20 years. He is a traitor and should be shunned forever by the entire music industry..

Common Sense explains that the election was rigged and stolen. The true terrorist are the ones who stole it and are about to give this country back to China.

Storming the capitol was dumb and not acceptable but what did the corrupt dems think was going to happen when you continue to step on and punish innocent Americans just trying to work and support thier families. People are going to stand up and take the country back. Time to stand up........ In the words of Jon Himself,,,,, Ten Thousand Strong Will Seize the Day.........

Reactions: engmtlhd
Common Sense explains that the election was rigged and stolen. The true terrorist are the ones who stole it and are about to give this country back to China.

Storming the capitol was dumb and not acceptable but what did the corrupt dems think was going to happen when you continue to step on and punish innocent Americans just trying to work and support thier families. People are going to stand up and take the country back. Time to stand up........ In the words of Jon Himself,,,,, Ten Thousand Strong Will Seize the Day.........

LOL common sense? No you have it backwards, there was no proof in many courts and the SCOTUS and its just simply the wanton belief from people that were following the former loser in chief because he said so, thats not common sense, thats lunacy and not fact....

Bear

Last edited:
LOL common sense? No you have it backwards, there was no proof in many courts and the SCOTUS and its just simply the wanton belief from people that were following the former loser in chief because he said so, thats not common sense, thats lunacy and not fact....

Bear
I guess those 2am spikes for Biden were just a figment of our imagination. I guess Biden winning fewer counties than Obama ever did and gained more votes than Obama ever did is a figment of our imagination also. Please, don't insult my intelligence by telling me this was not rigged. Democrats have been rigging elections since before the Civil War.

I guess those 2am spikes for Biden were just a figment of our imagination. I guess Biden winning fewer counties than Obama ever did and gained more votes than Obama ever did is a figment of our imagination also. Please, don't insult my intelligence by telling me this was not rigged. Democrats have been rigging elections since before the Civil War.

Intelligence?

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-...ion-more-americans-than-trumps-2588-counties/

Sometimes the facts are readily available, and the world is not one giant conspiracy theory. Learn up on how the electoral process works, rather than searching for ghosts in the machine.

A reminder....

For those that do not know, I am a moderator on this forum. I would like to keep this thread open given that we have a decent, cordial and open discussion on the current events. If we cannot do that, the thread will be closed to further comments and/or deleted.

Please keep personal attacks on each other to a minimum. State your opinion on what you believe, back up what you are stating as "fact" with your sources, and be respectful of other's opinions....no matter how different they may be from your own.

LOL, the dude that did this report worked for the Trump admin. C'mon people.

The Federalist Papers were written by revolutionaries. Did that make their cause or the words they wrote any less valid? They absolutely "had dog in the fight". For some truth is relative, and for others truth is absolute. The Roman governor, Pontius Pilate once asked: "What is truth?" I would maintain a relative truth is not a truth at all, but an opinion. That which separates truth from opinion is that truth can be proven. For example, in Pennsylvania there were 200,000 more votes during the 2020 election than there were valid voters in the state. If this is true, and the extra votes were counted, then the final vote count is false. Its discrete mathematics. Logic. If a premise is false, then the conclusion must also be false. False and true is false. So, the fact that the Navarro Report was written by a Trump ally does not mean what is contained in the report is entirely false. The report is heavily footnoted using external references. While that doesn't make what is contained in his report entirely true, it does mean that what is contained in his report isn't entirely his own opinion.

Yep, and Trump had the LARGEST inaugural crowd EVER. And he had an AMAZING health plan that saved us all. And the awesome amount of infrastructure spending he lavished on the country. And how he had the pandemic under control. And such an incredible rollout plan for the Covid vaccinations. And the list goes on.

He's the worst time-share salesman ever. Flim-flam man. And there are suckers born every minute. His whole administration lied for him, and the ones who didn't, got fired for it. So forgive me for not trusting in what these people have to say.

If there was SO much evidence of elections irregularities, why did he lose what, 60 court filings? Why did his own elections people say this was a clean election? His own AG Barr said there was no evidence. The Supreme Court, with HIS appointments, shot him down. Like I said before, there are way too many people that just will accept any conspiracy theory rather than look at what is plainly in front of their face.

Now, if only Hillary had fought the elections crap that happened during the 2016 election like the Trump people have. I'm sure you would have supported her the same way, right?