MIDWEEK MAYHEM FINAL LINE-UP ANNOUNCED!

SwordLord

Attack!
Sep 20, 2004
St. Paul, Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Hello everyone,

I am terribly sorry that it has taken *this* long to get the line-up confirmed. Waiting for all the contracts to be signed and wording of press releases to be approved for this event was a nightmare and I can only imagine Glenn's frustration in having to do this ... twelve times over!!! :loco:

But at long last, Claus & myself are proud to present 2010's MIDWEEK MAYHEM via the following official press release.

Enjoy!
Nathan
"The SwordLord"

For immediate release – January 21, 2010

MIDWEEK MAYHEM FINAL LINE-UP CONFIRMED!

Swordlord Productions and Intromental Management are proud to announce that the Wednesday September 8, 2010 pre-pre-party show for ProgPower USA, also known as “Midweek Mayhem”, will be a three-band concert featuring the most exciting bands on the US metal scene. The show will be held at The Loft, Atlanta, GA (www.theloftatl.com).

Headlining the event will be none other than New York band ROSS THE BOSS.
- SwordLord Productions is proud to announce a very special event for ProgPower XI. Master guitarist and founding member of Manowar, Ross The Boss along with the legendary Manowar drummer Scott Columbus will take the stage at the Loft on Wednesday, September 8, 2010 for a very special performance of classic Manowar songs along with material off of Ross’ smashing debut “New Metal Leader”. September 8 will be the first day of music in a four day event known as ProgPower USA. Ross and company will officially kick-off the event followed by a showcase performance of other acts on the 9th and the mainstage event on the 10th & 11th. Columbus and Ross have not shared the stage together in nearly 22 years. This will be a one-of-a-kind evening of music for fans of hard-driving, face-melting heavy metal. Ross The Boss has rarely played in the United States. Previously he has mostly played on festivals throughout Europe. These performances were enthusiastically received and featured an energized and triumphant Ross playing in top form. “I am overjoyed to be producing this very special show for ProgPower fans and the east coast metal scene,” says Promoter, Nathan Block of SwordLord Productions. “I have been a Manowar fan for many years but I never had the opportunity to see Ross play until last year. I cannot wait to share this unforgettable experience with the ProgPower community!”
www.ross-the-boss.com

In the middle-slot of the night we have Oklahoma’s progressive metal band VANGOUGH.
- Following hot on the heals of their well-received debut album, “Manikin Parade”, Oklahoma’s VANGOUGH are now working on their second AND third album. With the second disc, “Game On”, being a self-financed and self-released intermediate release of progressive metal versions of classic 80’s video/arcade game soundtracks to be released on vinyl in February 2010, the band has already begun recording their third, as of yet untitled disc, which will be made available worldwide through a still undisclosed record label right in time for ProgPower USA. The combination of progressive metal, symphonic rock, huge atmospheric parts and a nod to the 80's computer game soundtracks all blends together into on unique sound that can only be described as that of Vangough. Without a doubt, VANGOUGH should appeal to all fans of the intricate sounds of Pain Of Salvation or the sheer force of Evergrey.
www.myspace.com/officialvangough

Opener of the show will be Florida’s power metal rising star SEVEN KINGDOMS.
- Although only 3 years into their career SEVEN KINGDOMS already have performed more than 50 shows in the south east, including prestigious support gigs for bands such as Soilwork and Circle II Circle. Fronted by the charismatic Sabrina Valentine, Florida-based power metallers SEVEN KINGDOMS impresses with a slab of extremely versatile high-octane-metal and big sing-along-anthems. Musically SEVEN KINGDOMS is a must for any fan of Blind Guardian or Iced Earth.
www.sevenkingdoms.net

We’re also thrilled to announce that we have entered into a co-operation with the globally respected metal publication Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles (www.bravewords.com) for the promotion of this show. Please visit their homepage for all the latest news from the metal world.

Ticket sales will be announced in the upcoming month.
In the meantime, check out more information on www.twitter.com/MidweekMayhemPP and connect with other fans.

Thank you once again to Glenn Harveston of ProgPower USA for letting us put on this show. We’re hoping to see as many of you there, for a night of real loud heavy metal, fun and friendship.

On behalf of Swordlord Productions and Intromental Management,
Nathan Block & Claus Jensen

Swordlord Productions: www.myspace.com/SwordLord
Intromental Management: www.intromental.com
ProgPower USA: www.progpowerusa.com
Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles: www.bravewords.com

midweek_flyer.jpg

midweek_mayhem_banner.gif

Woooohoooooo VANGOUGH and SEVEN KINGDOM. I am not familiar with Ross the Boss (don't hit me) i just never listened to Manowar

Nice I will be interested to see how Van Gough is and Seven Kingdoms. And according to Brent from last years The Boss performance in MN he is gonna rock the shit of the place

Won't be coming for this. No interest in seeing any of these bands, really. Well, at least no an interest that would inspire me to drop the extra cash on the ticket, night in hotel, etc.

YES!!!
Great news!
Ross The Boss! --- Hail Hail Hail and Kill!!
Has made MY Year!
Glad to hear that Scott is playing again as well :eek:)
He has been silent for quite some time.

Nathan, Claus - I know you guys are married, and I don't swing that way but dammit I may kiss you guys when I see you :kickass::headbang: A mighty HAIL and Thanks for this show - especially RTB :)

Woohoo, oh damn, the people in the office just saw my happy dance, oh well
Cheers
jeff

This is cool. I'm coming from UK for the whole week so this will be my first night out. I shall be seeing Ross the boss a few weeks before at the Bloodstock festival and i have never heard or heard of the other two bands. looking forward to this already!

Anyone take a guess at the ticket cost??

I'll say that I was very excited to hear that Claus and Nathan were taking over the show. That being said, I admit that I have no interest at all in coming in for the Wed. show. Vangough is cool, but it's a pretty weak lineup in my opinion.

Obviously, a lot of people will disagree with me, but... hey, if you like the bands and is happy with the announcements, enjoy the show!! =)