Nevermore drops off the Symphony X tour

Well, I am glad to see you laughing man....

There's really VERY little to get upset about.

It's just a given that anytime Nevermore is mentioned, you will never fail to mention the last time you talked to whoever in the band.

It's something important to you, and that's great.

I laugh a lot. I don't get upset about things on this board, as I'm too busy doing things in real life to care. I only mention something if it is pertinent to the topic at hand. People here were concerned about the future of the band, and I had a little insight that I could give. Is there something wrong with that? I suppose in your eyes, there probably is. There is probably something wrong in your eyes with the fact that I started collecting vinyl 10 years ago and didn't have any in the 80s.

People here were concerned about the future of the band, and I had a little insight that I could give. Is there something wrong with that?

No, not at all.
Never said there was.

It's all about execution man.....

Instead of saying, "I heard ..........", you say, "Last week when I talked to whoever..............."

Just calling em as most of us see it.

Maybe it's easy to call you out on it since I couldn't care less about the future of Nevermore (I am not hating on them, and I do consider myself a casual fan, but they have been so drama driven for years now, that any interest has been long lost). Certainly, I wish anyone in the band well with whatever issue (health, substance abuse, etc) they may or may not be dealing with.

No, not at all.
Never said there was.

It's all about execution man.....

Instead of saying, "I heard ..........", you say, "Last week when I talked to whoever..............."

Just calling em as most of us see it.

Maybe it's easy to call you out on it since I couldn't care less about the future of Nevermore (I am not hating on them, and I do consider myself a casual fan, but they have been so drama driven for years now, that any interest has been long lost). Certainly, I wish anyone in the band well with whatever issue (health, substance abuse, etc) they may or may not be dealing with.

You make a valid point, but at the same time, someone who might not be a regular poster on this forum who is just reading here, might mistake "I heard..." as simply a rumor. When I mention talking to Jim, it can then be taken as fact, at least at the time of posting, because of course, things do change. I'm really not trying to exploit my friendship with him, or anyone else in the business, for my own personal gain or notoriety, because I hate it when I see other people do that. To take it even a bit further though, I still can't understand why you guys are making such a big deal out of it. To each his own I guess. I have better things to do than make a big deal out of stupid, petty shit.

What sucks about Nevermore having sO much drama is that their last two albums have been fucking awesome. So I do care about their future so long as they're making music that's this good.

To take it even a bit further though, I still can't understand why you guys are making such a big deal out of it. To each his own I guess. I have better things to do than make a big deal out of stupid, petty shit.

But that's exactly it. We're not really making THAT big of a deal of it.
Just ragging on the name dropping, regardless of your intent.

I got the same crap from a few a month ago when I mentioned from my conversation with Zak Stevens that I recommend hardcore Savatage fans attend the current CIIC tour, since I found out they were playing more Sava-tunes than usual. Some called me out for name dropping. I was just passing along info from the source.

The bottom line is that anytime someone says, "I was talking to so-and-so" it's gonna come off as name dropping, even if the person wasn't going for cred.

Anyhow, I think we have discussed this enough. I am sure you are a good dude and I seriously have no beef with you and it was seriously just a goof. Nothing more man....

I got the same crap from a few a month ago when I mentioned from my conversation with Zak Stevens that I recommend hardcore Savatage fans attend the current CIIC tour, since I found out they were playing more Sava-tunes than usual. Some called me out for name dropping. I was just passing along info from the source.

I remember this, and it was beyond ridiculous. I think a lot of janitors post on this board, waiting on you to drop something... hahha

Enemies+can+become+friends.bmp

I remember this, and it was beyond ridiculous. I think a lot of janitors post on this board, waiting on you to drop something... hahha

Yeah, but that's exactly it. I totally see how it can come off as name dropping and / or it was an easy joke to make. Either way, it was brushed off by me, since I felt I had valid info for those interested (much like you obviously do when it comes to NM).

Unless I missed it, I'm surprised no one mentioned the release Romeo had yesterday where he mentioned Symphony X will now be playing an extended set. Depending on my schedule, I may now decide to go, though it still will be a last minute decision for me.

Unless I missed it, I'm surprised no one mentioned the release Romeo had yesterday where he mentioned Symphony X will now be playing an extended set. Depending on my schedule, I may now decide to go, though it still will be a last minute decision for me.

Just noticed that today. I probably will end up going. I just plan on going late because I have no desire to see the other bands.

What sucks about Nevermore having sO much drama is that their last two albums have been fucking awesome. So I do care about their future so long as they're making music that's this good.

I thought the last one was awful. TGE and EOR though are probably my favorite NM albums. It blew my mind that they kept topping themselves. I guess musically they burnt out on this one.

Palabra de Dios said:

The last Nevermore wasn't THAT awesome. It was good, but a tiny little bit of a letdown...

I thought the last one was awful. TGE and EOR though are probably my favorite NM albums. It blew my mind that they kept topping themselves. I guess musically they burnt out on this one.

Lyrically, I'd agree with you; but musically, nah.