New to the forum!

Destination Forever

Pattycake! :)
Aug 14, 2006
Nashville, TN
www.myspace.com
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum here, so I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Patrick and have been attending ProgPower since the mighty RAGE played at PPIV. A few of you might know me from Myspace (www.myspace.com/silentnightbodomnight) because I have been on there for about a year now. Feel free to add me on there if you like! I have been viewing this forum for the longest time, but, for some reason or another, have never bothered to register and post until now *shakes head as to why*. Ah well.

A little about me if you'd like to know:

-I'm 20, from Tennessee. Yee haw! ;)
-I'm probably in the only power/prog metal band in Middle Tennessee, Oblivion Myth, as the drummer. We're recording a CD of 9 songs in the next couple of months and just ask if you'd like the link to the songs once we finish them!
-Full time college student for pharmacology (still have 6-7 years to go) and a part time technician at Walgreens.
-I'm mainly into the progressive and power styles of metal, although I listen to a few thrash, speed, and death metal bands as well. I'm definitely not a black metal fan though. I have to say right now that Gamma Ray, Firewind, Sonata Arctica, Pyramaze, and Mercenary are the bands I'm listening to the most!

Not really much more to say I suppose, and no one wants to hear my life story haha. I will enjoy hopefully starting to recognize more people on here once ProgPower rolls around again in a month! :headbang:

AngraRULES said:
Welcome, Patrick. We're all insane over here, and you should join us!!! If ya need anything, don't hesitate in contacting!!
Oh, please. Don't even act like you're NICE!

Welcome :)

Welcome! You gonna post a photo in the ProgPower forum poster thread? We have like 90 photos so far. Gonna be cool...I hope. Saw Firewind at Sweden Rock. They were awesome! Looking forward to a US show someday soon!

Thanks for all the kind words!

AMBR said:
Welcome! You gonna post a photo in the ProgPower forum poster thread? We have like 90 photos so far. Gonna be cool...I hope. Saw Firewind at Sweden Rock. They were awesome! Looking forward to a US show someday soon!

Ha, I was wondering who'd be the first to figure out where my name came from! :headbang: One of my favorite songs of theirs. I wish I could see them live over here, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Unless Glenn gets them for ProgPower next year. *wink wink*

Oh yes, I will definitely post a photo or two tomorrow night. I have a bunch of really nice looking, professional photos that were taken for my band a couple of weeks ago, some photos from past ProgPowers, and some goofy ones of me shaking my butt, too. ;) My Myspace has a bunch of photos if anyone wants to check them out before I post in the other topic.

Azrael LenGraden said:
Welcome aboard my friend...are you a Titan fan?

Not as much as I used to be in middle and high school. I was a Broncos fan before that believe it or not (My parents lived in Denver when John Elway was becoming the legend that he was), and then I became a Titans fan for a while. I'm mostly a tennis player nowadays and also enjoy baseball but not so much football anymore.

Curufin said:
Are you single?

:-*

Why yes of course! Does my Fabio-like hair and sexy body make you want me? :lol:

Pellaz said:
Welcome aboard, Patrick!

I take it you're okay with deathy metal a la Children of Bodom, but not black metal like, say, Dimmu?

Thanks! I believe we've met before on a few occasions, since you know my brother Keith.

Well, I used to be a huge Children of Bodom fan, until "Hate Crew Deathroll" and "Are You Dead Yet?" came out, both of which do not at all appeal to me and frankly are pretty lame compared to the first three COB albums. I haven't really listened to COB much since. I liked Dimmu for a short period of time, then realized how fake and subpar they are as well. I like a couple of songs of theirs, like "Kings of the Carnival Creation," but that's about it. Emperor is about as black metal as I go. I've been into so much power metal type stuff the past couple months that I haven't really listened to much else. I guess discovering Gamma Ray is partly to blame for that. ;)

Curufin said:
Are you single?

:-*
Dang Drew you hit on all the newbies.
Welcome Patrick, and as everyone has said welcome and come join us some night in the Chat room if you really want to see a dysfunctional family that is where it is. And yes we are one big happy(i hope) family in here.

:kickass: Welcome at long last Patrick (my son's name as well)! :) I sent you an add request on MySpace earlier - Pathfinderhoyt.

And I look forward to meeting you at this year's show and discussing the finer points of power metal.

HUZZAH!

~Hoyt.

o_O listen to Therion ... listen to Therion ...