NVanDyk-Best wishes to you

wow Nick, i had no idea about your illness, i hope you pull through! I was sick and in the hospital for a while this year and i know it sucks so hang in there! Your music has meant so much to me that i dont know what i would do without Redemption.

I sincerely hope the guy recovers cause I love his music.

I love his music also, but honestly..... I hope he recovers because he is an outstanding HUMAN BEING, and NO ONE should have to go through the tortuous procedures he is having to handle. The music is purely an aside, at this point. He has a family to care for, for crying out loud!

My post was not intended to offend or be snide. I sincerely hope the guy recovers cause I love his music. Sorry it was interpreted the wrong way. <333

I certainly believe you didn't mean to offend. But you should have been able to tell from the entirety of Nick's post that he would obviously know what the "oma" suffix really means, and that what he wrote was just adding a smidgeon of dark humor. So the tone of your "correction" was a bit condescending.

Again, I don't think you intended it that way, and you probably aren't familiar with Nick's approach and style, so we should call it all-good and continue to support Nick with our best wishes.

Kick Cancer's ass, Nick!

My uncle had Leukemia, and is thankfully in remission. It's not nearly as bad as what you have, but I know the treatments he went through absolutely knocked him out. It was pretty horrible. I wouldn't wish what he went through on ANYONE, and what he went through wasn't nearly as severe as what you are going through. Geez...it's just not fair. Get well soon.

Oh crap, I'm starting to cry. :(

I certainly believe you didn't mean to offend.

Same. I chalked it up to a low reading score on the SATs. That or Asbergers.

I've already replied at the other place, but I continue to wish health to Nick and his family.

Nick is a class act. Everytime I've chatted with him he's a total gentlemen and just a good kat.

Troy and I send you and your family our positive vibes.

Nick, I am floored by this and I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Keep the faith.

Well, folks, I didn't expect any of this but I happened to log in and I found this great outpouring of support that I really appreciate. This is a great community of people and your positive thoughts, prayers (sorry Zod) and kind words do make a difference in a very real way.

I will say that I wasn't offended by the one dude's correction of my "oma" crack, which as MitchG noted was indeed a joke. I mean seriously, though, OBVIOUSLY I know what "oma" means! I could pass myself off as a hematologist at this point.

Anyhow, now you know why I was bald. It wasn't a fashion statement, although some do wear it quite well (again, I acknowledge Zod among others).

As I write this, I am back in Atlanta at the airport, having been through three days of testing in Little Rock and one day of waiting in the Little Rock airport for my stupid flight that eventually left four hours late long after I'd given up and just decided to stick around in Arkansas another day (I'd have missed my connection anyway). For those interested, it was confirmed that I am in "very profound complete remission" by my genius doctor yesterday (yay!) although the chemo has caused calcification of my coronary arteries and an enlarged prostate (boo!). Great. I beat cancer only to die of a heart-attack while pissing myself.

(Note: that is also a joke).

The trick with this disease is remaining in remission, as noted in my comments that Glenn posted (thanks, Glenn, for nipping speculation in the bud which is precisely why I posted those comments in the first place). I have opted for the most aggressive treatment possible, as my arteries and prostate can attest to, and I remain confident that if I stick to the aggressive road, I'll be cured. Of course, being cured simply means dying of something else...hopefully unrelated to coronary artery disease.

Anyhow, I once again thank all of you for your concern and well-wishes. I have to respect my disease, since it almost always recurs without the aggressive treatment -- and that stops me from making pithy proclamations like "I've made Cancer my bitch" -- but I will say I'm gonna beat its ass.

Be well, all of you.

Best,

N

Nick, I think I can say this, you have become symbol of strength and determination to a lot of folks, your attitude durning this trying time is a statement of the type of person you are, you are my hero, my friend.

As I write this, I am back in Atlanta at the airport, having been through three days of testing in Little Rock and one day of waiting in the Little Rock airport for my stupid flight that eventually left four hours late long after I'd given up and just decided to stick around in Arkansas another day (I'd have missed my connection anyway). For those interested, it was confirmed that I am in "very profound complete remission" by my genius doctor yesterday (yay!) although the chemo has caused calcification of my coronary arteries and an enlarged prostate (boo!). Great. I beat cancer only to die of a heart-attack while pissing myself.
Good news bro and it was nice to see you:worship: Good to see the humor is still there too :)

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to give us an update - *VERY* happy to hear the news on your current status/condition, Nick, and I wish you continued success in kicking cancer's ass. (J-Man already provided the eloquent response, so I chose the other route.) You have a lot of fans and friends on here (and around the globe) who want to see you grace the stage for many years to come, and I'll keep you and your whole family in my thoughts & prayers.