NVanDyk-Best wishes to you

Thanks for stopping by & giving us an update, Nick.. Glad you got some good news! :headbang:
It was good to see you & talk to you a bit during the Fates soundcheck.
The positive thoughts, vibes, & prayers will continue to flow down from the North....

First off, I'm not normally a visitor of this of forum (I'm more of the PPEurope crowd, since I'm dutch) but I do want to wish Nick all the best. I've been a fan for a couple a years now, and have been blessed to catch Redemption's first European concert and I was quite shocked to learn about the condition you're currently in.

Nick, you're an inspiration to a lot of people, but speaking for myself I wish you the best care in the world (which as far as I'm able to see, you're actually receiving at the moment.) You, your family and friends will be in my prayers.

Warm Regards

Great news on your remission Nick!! Hope you have continued success on that road!!

Redemption has become one of my core bands over the last several years and gets played at some point nearly every week in my ipod. We met you at PP8 and you were gracious enough to let us get our picture taken with you and Sean and talked to us like regular people about work, kids, etc. That was our first PP and we were blown away at how folks like you were so available to meet and interact with your fans.

My wife and I love your music. You and your family will be in our prayers. Best of luck and we know you will whip this!

Great news about the remission. My prayers are with you, Parker, your wife and the rest of your family. Your fantastic music has touched me deeply over the years and I am looking forward to Redemption music for many years to come.

Your sense of humor and positive attitude are a major plus in making "cancer your bitch."

You sir, to me, are a hero. I could only hope to have 1/4 of you're attitude, courage, and amazing strength in the face of all this. Very happy to hear that you are in remission....YEA!!!!...and wish you all the best in the continued success of your treatments in beating this.

Thank you again for the surprise at the show last weekend! All our best to you, Parker and the rest of your family. :)

Nick, we don't know each other, but I am good friends with several people who do know you well. I was told of your condition over the weekend and my heart goes out to you. I myself am a cancer survivor as well, although not the same type, I only had prostate cancer, but like yours, mine was detected early by an excellent doctor who knew what to do. I have a mild idea of what your life has been like during your treatment, based on my own expierences and I am so happy to hear that you are now in remission. I understand that if the remission continues for a certain ti me, the survival rate is 100%, although I am no expert by any means. So, congrats on your road to recovery and I hope you continue to get better.

There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said before (quite eloquently too), just know that you and your family are in my thoughts and I have complete faith that you will kick the crap out of this thing. You have my utmost respect for your strength and perseverance while undergoing such a painful treatment process. You are an amazing person and I am very honored to be able to call you a friend. I love you man!

Nick, you should have seen the look on my face when you came out from behind the curtain. I was so happy to see that you made it. I have been aware of your condition for a while and have prayed for you since the day I heard the news! Our prayers along with your courage and strength have helped you beat this. Hopefully we can keep you on the road to recovery. You are a very special person and I admire that you can still make a funny once in a while and write one hell of a record while going through all of this :headbang:

All the best to you and your family

Wow! Thanks for posting that Glenn! I had heard about Nick's statement Wednesday night, but the info was not 100% correct. However, I wore my Redemption shirt on Thursday as a sign of my support for Nick! I didn't even know that Nick was showing up to the show, but I am so happy that I had the opportunity to meet him, spend some time talking to him, and even played some air guitar and drums with him watching Fates Warning! I can tell you that Nick is one of the nicest people I have met and getting to know him a little made the news hurt even more.

Being busy as hell at PP, I never had the chance to look up the statement I had heard he posted. When I went looking around on Monday, I still didn't find it, but my Google search did take me to his blog about his experience. Man, no human should ever have to go through any of this crap! I was elated to see that he had been given the complete remission news on 9/8, but from his original statement posted that Glenn posted it appears that he had to wait for his post-PP testing to come through. Besides being an awesome person and musician, I think it hit me a little harder because I discovered that he is only one year older than me. Man, that just hits way too close to home! It does teach a valuable lesson though... never take life/health for granted!

Nick, if you read this, it was great meeting/hanging with you! I had a great time hanging on the side of the stage with you and will never forget Life in Still Water! ;-) It was an absolute honor to be a part of getting you and your keyboard on and off stage! I wish you all the best and hope you are around for many, many more years to come and can live out a healthy life from here on out! You are a 100% class act and deserve nothing but the best for you and your family.

Nick! So I guess you will eventually make to my the post I just made. I am so happy the hear that the testing Little Rock confirmed your "very profound complete remission!!" That is great news despite the side effects of this aggressive treatment. Your attitude and humor with regards to your experience are refreshing (to say the least) and go a long way to confirm that you are indeed an amazing individual! I have faith that you will beat this too and look forward to attending more Redemption shows in the future as well as adding to more CDs to my collection.

I had no idea that you were still somewhat immuno-compromised at the show. I'm happy to say that I did not get the "PP Plague" and I am generally quite healthy, so I don't have to worry that i may have passed something to you.

All the best,
Rick

I have to admit to tearing up after seeing the news, because your music has been a huge inspiration to me in some trouble times of the past few years, Nick. I'm also glad that you got some good news here in my home state, and my thoughts will be staying with you.

Good luck Nick. Love your music and I hope you have a long and fruitful life. Glad that you got great news.

I really don't know what to say here. I'm not sure what I can say. This is completely tragic news, but as has been said, the best thing to do is remain hopeful. From what I do know about Nick, he seems like a very resilient person who is able to strive in the face of adversity, and I'm sure this will be no different. I wish you the best of luck, and I have faith that you will conquer this.
I think there have been few people in my (still young) life that have served a greater influence on me, not just musically, but also personally. As a guitarist and aspiring songwriter, I do greatly admire Nick's work. I love listening to the albums, getting into the music, and I so greatly respect someone who writes music and lyrics that amazingly well in addition to being a multi-instrumentalist and producer. But more than that, Nick's music and most of all lyrics have touched me in a way that few others have. The last year or so of my life has been incredibly difficult for me, and it was at the times when I was the lowest that I came to appreciate the pure poetry in his lyrics the most. I think the line that I have always identified the most with was: "When all's said and done, when you're wronged and deceived - then it matters the most what you choose to believe". The whole song stands alone as one of my favorite pieces of lyrics out there, and has succeeded in comforting and personally inspiring me the way few others could. Nick has a gift to convey emotion through the written word like few lyricists I've known, and his contributions to this world are not to be underestimated.
I just wish you all the best. With your heart and soul as compass, I will pray you find your way, and that happiness will follow close behind... and peace will fall on you...