Oddball band

I had never heard of PoTF before Friday night. That being said, holy shit theyre amazing and i can't wait for next year.

Reactions: Kez
The band I'm looking forward to the most next year and I've been wanting to see them for years.

I know there has been a vocal minority wanting Poets for years. The timing and situation finally worked out. In other words, I said, "fuck it...I want this band and damn the consequences." They are a desert island band for me and I'm glad I can finally tell the world that.

This song was a game changer for me in music.

I had never heard of PoTF before Friday night. That being said, holy shit theyre amazing and i can't wait for next year.

I had actually heard of them, but had never listened to any of their material. The sounded really good in next year's presentation though. Fortunately eMusic has plenty of their albums for those of us who still have subscriptions...

https://www.emusic.com/artist/rs_224473/Poets-Of-The-Fall

Glenn - since the video announcement - this is the band that stuck out the most. I really liked the song and have checked them out on youtube. I seem to really like their slower stuff as the vocalist is awesome. The more poppy and alternative sounding stuff does not do it for me but the slower stuff is spot on. Nice find.

Glenn - since the video announcement - this is the band that stuck out the most. I really liked the song and have checked them out on youtube. I seem to really like their slower stuff as the vocalist is awesome. The more poppy and alternative sounding stuff does not do it for me but the slower stuff is spot on. Nice find.

In the words of Funkadelic, "Free your mind and your ass will follow."

I discovered them through this amazing song after playing Alan Wake, loved the band ever since. This band is not prog, but prog-adjacent bands like bands like them, King's X, and Clutch they have been talked about in prog communities. I remember them being discussed a lot on the Mike Portnoy forums around the time of Alan Wake. While I can not see them being the cup of tea of some PP fans, I don't know why anyone would say they don't belong at the fest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kez
I listened to their three most recent albums and I love them. Tons of hooks and fantastic choruses. Poetic lyrics sung by an awesome vocalist just makes it that much better. I only have one complaint. Needs way more guitar solos. I would love that. Be that as it may, I am going to check out the rest of their discography and if all goes well, I have all the albums in the cart of their store. All I need to do is press the button. By the way, the video for "Daze" rules fucking hard!

I listened to their three most recent albums and I love them. Tons of hooks and fantastic choruses. Poetic lyrics sung by an awesome vocalist just makes it that much better. I only have one complaint. Needs way more guitar solos. I would love that. Be that as it may, I am going to check out the rest of their discography and if all goes well, I have all the albums in the cart of their store. All I need to do is press the button. By the way, the video for "Daze" rules fucking hard!

LOVE reading these kinds of reactions. I will say that you are right about the guitar solos. They have moved away from recently compared to the older ones.

And yes...I love "Daze" as well. Did you check out the "Choice Millionaire" video while you were at it?

This is my personal Poets playlist on Spotify: