Poll: Which bands should return?

Select 3 Bands to Return

• Total voters
Thru 201 voters the top 10 list of favored returners would look like this.

#1 Vanden Plas (77)
#2 Orphaned Land (64)
#3 Pagan's Mind (62)
#4 Redemption (54) tie
#4 Threshold (54) tie
#6 Brainstorm (53)
#7 Therion (41)
#8 Jag Panzer (36)
#9 Silent Force (33)
#10 Devin Townsend (31)

Britt

DarkTide said:

#1 Vanden Plas (77)
#2 Orphaned Land (64)
#3 Pagan's Mind (62)
#4 Redemption (54) tie
#4 Threshold (54) tie
#6 Brainstorm (53)
#7 Therion (41)
#8 Jag Panzer (36)
#9 Silent Force (33)
#10 Devin Townsend (31)

Britt

That looks like a pretty damn good show if you ask me. :heh:

I voted for Pink Cream 69, Vanden Plas, and Balance of Power.
I like the fact that Glenn brings in bands that vary from your typical Prog Metal bands. Pink Cream 69 is a great band and if Glenn didn't bring them in last year, I may never of got a chance to see them live. Like Freak Kitchen this year. Thanks Glenn!!!!! :kickass:

Creeps said:
anyone else find it funny that there's more votes than there are posters?
209 individuals have placed a total of 682 votes for an average of 3.26 selections per person. Obviously a few people voted for more than the specified number of 3 bands, but 3.26 isn't too far out of whack.

Britt

Rider of Theli said:
DarkTide said:

#1 Vanden Plas (77)
#2 Orphaned Land (64)
#3 Pagan's Mind (62)
#4 Redemption (54) tie
#4 Threshold (54) tie
#6 Brainstorm (53)
#7 Therion (41)
#8 Jag Panzer (36)
#9 Silent Force (33)
#10 Devin Townsend (31)

Britt
That looks like a pretty damn good show if you ask me. :heh:
Now we just have to figure out the slots...

VP, OL, and PM are leading the votes. When will you make your decision based on the votes, and how many of the top 5 vote getters will you actually attempt to bring back next year, Glenn? Thanks for considering the candidates as voted upon.

Glenn never said he'd use these votes for anything. I'm sure he'll consider some of the results, but I doubt he'll let us know anything until he starts announcing which groups he has signed. Which means in about 6 months.

Also this poll didn't have Kamelot. I have a feeling that a number of people would have voted for Kamelot to return. Same with Nightwish and Blind Guardian. All bands who have gotten a lot of acclaim on these boards.

#1 Vanden Plas (77)
#2 Orphaned Land (64)
#3 Pagan's Mind (62)
#4 Redemption (54) tie
#4 Threshold (54) tie
#6 Brainstorm (53)
#7 Therion (41)
#8 Jag Panzer (36)
#9 Silent Force (33)
#10 Devin Townsend (31)

I'm not at all surprised by VP being #1. However, I find the rest of the list somewhat surprising.

Zodd

Cheiron said:
Glenn never said he'd use these votes for anything. I'm sure he'll consider some of the results, but I doubt he'll let us know anything until he starts announcing which groups he has signed. Which means in about 6 months.

Also this poll didn't have Kamelot. I have a feeling that a number of people would have voted for Kamelot to return. Same with Nightwish and Blind Guardian. All bands who have gotten a lot of acclaim on these boards.
True enough. I'd expect Kamelot and Nightwish to return next year.

7thSaviour said:
True enough. I'd expect Kamelot and Nightwish to return next year.
"Expect" may be a bit strong. Kamelot has been here twice and Khan three times. Additionally, Kamelot now tour the US with regularity. As for Nightwish, much will depend on how their next disc and new singer is received.

Zod

General Zod said:
"Expect" may be a bit strong. Kamelot has been here twice and Khan three times. Additionally, Kamelot now tour the US with regularity. As for Nightwish, much will depend on how their next disc and new singer is received.

Zod
Well, maybe so. How about bands like Labyrinth, Primal Fear and Iron Savior?

7thSaviour said:
Well, maybe so. How about bands like Labyrinth, Primal Fear and Iron Savior?
Couldn't guess. I'd imagine Primal Fear and Labyrinth would excite a good number of PP fans. Personally, I'm not a fan of either, but much prefer the former to the latter.

Zod

General Zod said:
#1 Vanden Plas (77)
#2 Orphaned Land (64)
#3 Pagan's Mind (62)
#4 Redemption (54) tie
#4 Threshold (54) tie
#6 Brainstorm (53)
#7 Therion (41)
#8 Jag Panzer (36)
#9 Silent Force (33)
#10 Devin Townsend (31)

I'm not at all surprised by VP being #1. However, I find the rest of the list somewhat surprising.

Zodd
That looks like a pretty good show there. A pretty diverse line-up as well.