Poll: Which bands should return?

Select 3 Bands to Return

• Total voters
Hey Glenn,

Great poll and I know we all have different opinions but the 3 bands that i would love to see come back.

1. Pagan's Mind - They have become one of my favorite bands since their performance. Would love to see them again.

2. Threshold - love these guys and thought they were fantastic live.

3. Vanden Plas - Great band with a great new cd. I thought their live performance was incredible and would love to see them again.

as far as how many should be able to come back. I leave that to you. I could take another festival with nothing but repeats simply b/c there has not been one band that I did not enjoy.

I am looking forward to seeing you again in a couple of months.

Brand (WILLIAM)

You're right of course, not everyone is a huge fan of music, but I just assumed we were only talking about big metal fans. And yes, the beauty of all this is that we all have a choice in what we spend our vacation $ on. I just happen to think that, getting past the dissing bands just because someone hasn't heard of them, is a direction more people should take. How many PP fans are still kicking themselves in the ass for missing the RAGE set a few years back? Also, I think the lineup this year is great. No I don't care about seeing Freak Kitchen, but an 'oddball' band doesn't hurt the lineup IMO, and also I am really looking forward to seeing half the lineup. I'm not trying to lecture someone on how they spend their vacation $, all I'm saying is more fans should give unknown bands a chance. Afterall, that's where new blood comes from. If we didn't give them a chance, metal would die the death in no time.

nailz said:
edit: Ahh, classic example of a MANOWAR complex. :D (hehe, just jerkin with ya Exp.)

Are you asking ME? If thats the case, you may want to re-examine my post. I sink money into it every year because I can afford to. If you're asking other people, perhaps you should stop and consider the fact that Metal or Music IS NOT at the top of everyone's financial or entertainment priority list, what this festival stands for be damned. Yes, mediocre, just like this years lineup. There is no monumental draw this year for the (I hate to use this) average concert goer, and even Glenn admitted he wanted to see how well the monster he created could sell itself based on what it was.

Like it or not, just because we like one style of music does not mean we need to/should feel obligated to spend our money on a draw that does not entice us. I for one, am STOKED about the lineup this year, but Internetuser810 may feel that spending $300 this year for bands he either does not care for or has never heard (hence my mediocre statement) is a waste of money that he may better spend taking his children to Disney World. Are you going to lecture him? That would be pretty sad.

I voted for Devin, Threshold and Pagan's Mind. I picked the first two because I've never seen them (well, I saw Devin play three songs when he opened for Dark Tranqulity/Opeth here, but that hardly counts!) and love both acts. Pagan's Mind was picked because their last disc was amazing, and I'd love to see a longer set. It was a tough call between picking them or Vanden Plas, though.

I'd love to see Redemption and Superior again. And I still hope to one day see Enchant at the festival...

dt

Meteornotes said:
I'd love to see Redemption and Superior again. And I still hope to one day see Enchant at the festival...

dt

Hell yes Dave -

Definitely throw me on the list for the 'Bring back Superior' mandate.....:headbang:

Burke said:
Hell yes Dave -

Definitely throw me on the list for the 'Bring back Superior' mandate.....:headbang:

For God's sake, Into Eternity and Nightingale among others are on the list, but no Superior. I should start a Superior poll!!!! And they should have a new album in 2007. Not to mention they were a great bunch of guys and were very humble the last time they were at PP.

AngraRULES said:
Good question
Where the hell is what would be my number one, Adagio?

And... I still "vote" for Adagio as my returning band... it's not there, but that's the one I really want. (and PoS as well)
And I don't know why they are "least popular"
Oh well.....

Rick Pierpont said:
One thing that kinda surprises me is the extremely low number of votes for Tad Morose. Although, I'm assuming it is for the same reason that I didn't vote for them... no Urban Breed. :-(

Exactly. I need to hear how Joe sounds with the band first. Urban made me love this band.

Exploding Ned said:
I wasn't aware that Urban Breed had left TM altogether. I thought Bloodbound was just a side project.

Yes he left the band back at the end of 2005. Joe from Overkill, Leige Lord is the new singer.