Post ProgPower Syndrome...

TwizstedJesus

Mar 1, 2004
Does anybody have that hollow ache in the pit of their stomach> That feeling like next year can't come soon enough?Its like crack withdrawal....will I live to see my next PPUSA fix?Has my dealer Glenn betrayed me?
IS IT NEXT YEAR YET?

Withdraw hasn't set in for me quite yet ... I still have CDs that I purchased to listen to and most of the program to read. Plus, I'm eagerly awaiting this year's DVD and I have plenty of new bands to check out for next year's roster. (I know a few of them, but don't own a damn thing by any of them.) Yes, I miss ProgPower, the Granada, the bands, the friends I only get to see a few times a year and the general feeling of PP joy and excitement (kinda like Christmas :D).

I guess I just don't really have time to feel withdraw yet, I'm too busy working with SwordLord to plan the 2008 Flight of the Valkyries festival which I am also awaiting with great anticipation. Plus, I'm also trying to figure out how I'm going to make all three festivals that Nick and I want to attend next year (FotV, Wacken, and PP) doable for us. :headbang:

This nice bit of time in between festivals gives me a chance to recoup financially. As much as I would like to be able to live in ProgPower setting with the awesome bands/music Glenn brings us and all my friends year round, I don't know if my bank account could handle it. :lol:

Does anybody have that hollow ache in the pit of their stomach> That feeling like next year can't come soon enough?Its like crack withdrawal....will I live to see my next PPUSA fix?Has my dealer Glenn betrayed me?
IS IT NEXT YEAR YET?

Actually, no. For some reason this year really took a toll on me energy wise and financially. PP VIII was my fourth festival in a row, so I'm thinking I'll be sitting on the bench for next year's.

~Brian~

You know what I thought of the other day?

Thanks to Glenn's announcement of next year's line-up, I've almost forgotten about this year's PPUSA. I had a great time. I loved every band. But the announcement, and my subsequent drive to find CDs from the band for next year that I wasn't familiar with, has almost overshadowed this year's ProgPower.

It's like, okay. I saw it. I was there. It kicked ass. But now...on to the next ProgPower.

For me, announcing the ProgPower line-up now already started the countdown for next year.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. But it's something I have been keenly aware of ever since Glenn announced the line-up and the dates. Hotel is booked. CDs are bought. And now I'm listening to next year's bands already.

It's weird.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I the only one?

Thanks to Glenn's announcement of next year's line-up, I've almost forgotten about this year's PPUSA. I had a great time. I loved every band. But the announcement, and my subsequent drive to find CDs from the band for next year that I wasn't familiar with, has almost overshadowed this year's ProgPower.

It's like, okay. I saw it. I was there. It kicked ass. But now...on to the next ProgPower.

For me, announcing the ProgPower line-up now already started the countdown for next year.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. But it's something I have been keenly aware of ever since Glenn announced the line-up and the dates. Hotel is booked. CDs are bought. And now I'm listening to next year's bands already.

It's weird.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I the only one?

Well, I'm definitely listening to the music for next year's batch of bands. And yeah, it is weird since last year I bought CDs of bands that year and listened to last year's bands all year. This year it's forward-moving...progressive if you will.

I haven't booked my hotel yet as the crew that usually goes with me is pretty adamant about waiting until the headliners are announced before saying yes, since they're not big into prog at all since "they jump around too much and you can't bang your head to it"...I might go alone.

I was UTTERLY depressed the Monday after - spent 90% of the day watching the boards... I just missed everyone - and regretted not getting to say good-bye to anyone (still regret that.... But Sat night I was just spent.... ) ...

No CDs bought for next year yet, I hope to find someone I may be able to roomie with - I have no hotel room but someone's got to be looking for a semi-sane roomie for next year (especially with the Res Rates...) but I'm very much looking forward to PP IX!!!

hell I don't even know who's playing for X and I'm stoked about a PP Best of already!!!!

I have a small Pain but I think that by Glenn doing announcing next year's line-up early, being a member of the board and listening to music of the bands next year, I'll be o.k. It also helps that I have already booked my room for next year.

PP VIII was my fourth festival in a row, so I'm thinking I'll be sitting on the bench for next year's.

~Brian~

Year number four for me as well, but I don't plan on missing one until I'm dead or to old and feeble to travel (if I can avoid it). I'll be a PP attendee for life, and thus I learned never to get too bummed out when one fest ends, because as PurpleCrayonWriter says that just means that the countdown for next year's fest has begun. :headbang:

I went into withdrawl as soon as we were packing up to leave on Sunday.

I'm not familiar with even half of the bands that are going to be at PP next year, but I already can't wait for ProgPower to come around again.

I went into withdrawl as soon as we were packing up to leave on Sunday.

I'm not familiar with even half of the bands that are going to be at PP next year, but I already can't wait for ProgPower to come around again.

And let me tell you that being there still on Sunday night after everyone else has gone home is depressing in itself.

Definitely been missin' lots of my friends, especially the ones I hardly saw :erk: I also find myself wishing I was still watching a few bands like Firewind and After Forever. Hard to explain, but it was so over-stimulating that I feel like I didn't take in enough/all that I could have, and so it seems I was hardly there. If that makes sense... I think to myself, "Man, I really wish I paid more attention to Communic's set, seems like I hardly watched them" yet I was there for 9/10 of the set! I suppose it could be summed it with the saying, "It feels like it was just yesterday, only 5 years ago" :lol:

On the plus-side, this is the first year in 6 that I didn't get hit with a major head/chest cold afterwards! :headbang:

I'm missing my friends something terrible. I do get to see a lot of them at other meet ups/travels that we do during the year, so that helps. Some, we talk online or call each other often. But I still miss everyone, as they are some of my very best friends and people I love dearly. We should revisit the commune idea. :p

Gearing up for next year has taken my mind off things I must admit. I don't seem to feel as let down as in past years. No time! I almost feel like I did right before we met up for PP VIII, the excitement level is way up!

i totally disagree, i am extremely skeptical if this upcoming prog power can live up to the last one? i mean god damn, its REALLY hard to imagine this upcoming year being better as a whole!

lets see you had TONS of MONSTER performances this year, AND and all star jam?!

there is hardly any doubt about my return next year, but man after seeing prog power 8, does it get any better?

i am just hoping that prog power 9 will live up to prog power 8, cause it was definitely the best concert ive been to.

For me, PP basically ended when Ruthven and I went our separate ways after the traditional post-PP pilgrimage to Jade Palace in Smyrna on Sunday night. So, I was pretty saddened and low-key on Monday after PP.

Tuesday morning I awoke with a terrible pain in my right side, so I haven't really been thinking too much about this year's PP or next year's, just about when I need to take the next Percocets to bring down the pain. :erk: