Predictions for the New TestAmenT album.

Aug 14, 2002
Visit site
in light of the recent trend of every bastard seeing fit to post some thing about metallica or inflames now on this board... i feel the need to start a purly Testament thread.

so anyway... heres the question....
what do you think the new album will sound like and how good do you think it will be ... think it will top The Gathering?

im not sure if i can begin to speculate , but hell i know they have another epic album like the gathering in them...

or if you want to predict the direction you think they will go thats cool too (possibly heavyer possibly more technical mabby more melodic)???

so what do you think?
:):):)

well, I hope that Chuck will use more melodic vocals on the next Testament record like on the Ritual, but the music should still be heavy and aggressive with a lot of energy. I like when melodic vox are mixed with heavy metal. It kicks ass. :headbang:

personly i think his mix of vocals death, hardcore, and melodies was perfect for the gathering, not sure how the new album will be but if he does something along that lines again ill be totaly thrilled :)

i think it would rule if they got a bit more technical also, perhapse more solo's then are on the gathering too, and a longer album :D if thats not asking to much ;)

What i think they should do is an album similar to The Gathering. Almost everything was great on that album, heavy and fast, but they only thing there was missing to me was guitar solos. Call me stupid but Testament is not the same without solos in their songs, ...there were just not enough on The Gathering. That was the very first thing i said the first time i listened to the album too,... but fuck, that album was amazing, can you guys imagine what it would have been like to have killer melodic solos in those songs? I'm not worrying too much about the next one though, i'm sure Eric knows it, and hopefully Steve and him are gonna put great solos on the next album. Good luck with the solos guys!
:headbang: :devil: :devil:
C-ya
~Luc~

i agree luc, some songs did seem strange to not have solos in them... i thought riding the snake was buiding up to a solo but it wasnt..., people dont realize that there are more solo's then people think they often dont notice them due to there unusual placement... and non traditional feel... but i think the solo's in Sewn SHut eyes, Eyes of Wrath, Fall of sipledome, leagions of the dead, 3 days in darkness are killer solo's and work well with the feel of the album

if I understand Testament, and since 1986, I have been a fan, I too trust their judgment...

As far as any preminitions of the sound, I would suspect that it will follow in the tradition of Demonic, and The Gathering....remembering that Eric and co have dipped their feet in the sounds that brought out Dragonlord, you may even hear twists of that sound including in some riffs.......

I for one will wait, cuz like I mentioned to TL, I love surprises......

:headbang: :headbang:

Also I definitely hope to see some INSTRUMENTALS on the next Testament record. 2 or 3 would do.

I agree i love all testament's insturmental songs... there so Epic sounding :)

btw The Gathering does have an insturmental track, its just not on the us version...

go download Hammer of The Gods if you havent heard it its killer :)

(btw look at your testament cd (the cd itself has Hammer of the gods listed even though its not on the cd case or liner))

at first, I'm glad to see this threat. we've finally focused to Testament's works.

I think the next album will probably be on the way of the Gathering. Actually I hope so:D
but I want to see more solos and a few instrumental songs.

and vocals, Chuck has a terrific voice and he can do everything.
:devil:
so maybe he will try everything:) , such as Low or the Gathering.

well,
however, I'm sure they'll do the best !!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
I can't wait:hotjump:

A mixture of the old melodic Testament vocals with the new vocals, like on the gathering...
anyways, I think it will be a kick ass album, Chuck spent a long time "out" of the Metal world, he knows that the fans are expecting for a new album, so I think the Testament crew will do their best to please the fans

I never really cared for Chuck Billy's growling style! He has a good singing voice therfore he should use it more often! I hope the new CD has a shitload of killer lead guitar work! I've never heard Steve Smyth's Axe work before but Im very much looking forward to it!

i want to see old-school thrash in Testament's new record..possible?? :D :D

anyway, i also believe that leads were missing in The Gathering..after now, i want some great killer leads that will blow me away :devil:

:headbang:

oh yeah... any news on who's going to be on the next testament lineup?

they seem to change it every time...

anyone know or have any ideas? :)

oh yeah and btw the next testament cd' should be over an hour :D

I think it should sound more Melodic/Brutal/chunky riffs, but up to date, it's been awhile since The Gathering was recorded, Chuck's vocals should be a mix of every style he's done, why fix something thats not broken, & some killer choice Smyth leads thrown in. And yes an instrumental sounds good also.................

Originally posted by NecromancerAlpha
oh yeah... any news on who's going to be on the next testament lineup?

they seem to change it every time...

anyone know or have any ideas? :)

oh yeah and btw the next testament cd' should be over an hour :D

why? don't u like Steves?:D
Chuck's said this line-up will be stable.

and yes, u're right,
they changed it on and on. If all the members (old and new) come together, it'd be a great orchestra!:headbang: :headbang:

but it's a bit strange, the most of those members are from death bands. (Testament's still a thrash band in my opinion..)