The New Testament Album

Eric can play lead when he wants to. Doesn't bother me at all. With Skolnick doing most of the leads so what if Eric plays a lead to or two, it's nice to have a little variety.

max said:
why have "pretty good" when you can have amazing!? ;-)

it is all about takingthe best of them two - the best example is of corz Return to Serenity - first slower solo played by Eric and then second. witht faster moments by Alex.

Both solos are equaly important in this song.

A ballad would be great, though I'd like it to be like "Trail of Tears" on Low. It'd be great if they took the brutality of The Gathering and Demonic and mixed it with the variety of Low and The New Order. That would make the greatest album ever in my book. :hotjump:

Hi everyone, I am a huge Testament far for year, long time in this forum but new to this side of the forum. I am really exited about the reunion, they still can deliver god shit. I can see on Live at London that this is right moment for the band the get a new album.

So everybody is talking about how the new album will sound, including me but I can`t expect the same aproach as The Gathering for the following reasons:

1. Dave Lombardo plays drums on that album, i can`t expect Loui hitting the drums like Dave did.
2. Alex will make a lot of solos and melodies, The Gathering is lacking about that.

I am pretty sure they will release a killer album, and they will prove to the world that they deserved a LOT OF RESPECTto be one of the best band coming from the Bay Area.

Tempesta recently said in a chat session that he'll be working with Testament on their next album.

Does this mean he's gonna play drums in stead of Louie?

'cause I sure hope so... Louie isn't bad, but Tempesta is just so much better... and Louie was on a 13 year hiatus which probably didn't do him any good either (drumming wise).

Tempesta should play drums on the album, while Louie practices drums and then learns the songs for the road, so he'll be prepared to play on the next album. :headbang:

Tempesta has gotta be one of the best drummers ever, he is so underrated in the metal world. I love the guy. A few years ago I thought Testament was probably over, I hope the new album is great. I'm really looking forward to it.

This is news to me as I haven't been checking any Testament news lately and it's some of the best music news I've had recently. The Ritual is one of my fave albums ever so I'd like to hear a natural progression from that album, although I wouldn't want to hear a carbon copy of it.

High Priest, I always enjoy reading your posts. :)

Well, Tempesta just joined a band called The Cult and is heading out on tour with em'. So I assume he's not gonna be a part of the new album after all?