Predictions for the New TestAmenT album.

i 'predict' that this album won't come out until summer 2003...
i also predict that it will have one of the best cover designs.
btw, Lykorian, what does drum triggering mean exactly? i've heard the term used but am not sure what it is!
anyone care to enlighten me??
cheers
m a x

max: triggers are either pre-programmed drums, or a device use to make a a double bass. That's what I think, I don't really know.

I would like the next Testament to be a good balls-out straightforward thrash metal, with a couple of Instrumentals and even a ballad(something like "Touched the Earth" or "The Ballad"). I want Chuck to use any of his vocals, and maybe do a "duet" with the singer of Shadows Fall, Brian Flair :D
(You know, kinda like the passing of the torch, in a sense)(not a final Testament album, just meant to let two pretty powerful lead singers have a vocal duel).

Some lead work needed. Maybe some James Murphy guest solo, a duel lead with Steve Smyth.

What you think? I am nuts.
Jake

Originally posted by HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD
Originally posted by NecromancerAlpha
more insturmentals, no ballads :)

Yeah, maybe a cover of Maiden's "Transylvania", that would be pretty killer.

Iced Earth already covered Transylvania which is very good :)
Ghengkis Khan and/or Losfer Words are other options.

I agree with Necro that Testament should put more instrumentals on the record. But unfortunately it won't be like 2 James Murphy records where half of the record is with vocals and the rest half is all instrumental. :(
At least 3 instrumentals would do. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :hotjump:

Originally posted by MindInsane
I have to disagree..I think Chuck's growl kicks ass! I love it when he sings like that! (This coming from a FEMALE thrash fan) :Shedevil:

Well, since I don't like death metal at all, I don't care for Chuck's growly vox.

Triggers are used to alter the tone/volume of the drum. They can make the tone sound more digital or "clicky", as on First Strike Still Deadly; they generally yield a cleaner sound while sacrificing the natural tone of the drum. They are also used to amplify the drum hit, so the drummer doesn't have to kill his drums to be heard -- the trigger will even out the sound and create consistency even if the drum isn't played at a consistent volume/intensity.

hell yeah, the gathering is the best lineup for testament in my oppinon... not to say alex isnt amazing and totaly awesome... but sofar the gathering every seat on the team seems to pull there weight perfectly

Though most of you have posted some cool and creative insights/suggestions/wish lists for the next TESTAMENT album, I must say that there's something that kinda irks me.

I don't have a problem with the "guest" suggestions, but what's with the "bring this guy or that guy back, blah-blah..." The current line-up IS the line-up! Bands go through personnel changes, that's a fact of life.

Chuck and Eric have expressed for the past couple of years how they are both satisfied and happy with the current line-up... you know, the one that will be playing shows REALLY SOON???

Had to vent. I know you can't please everyone, but come on! This is about moving FORWARD. The guys don't intend to let the fans down - they have MY support!

Thats true. But the new line-up has to proove themself first. They have shown they can give some great performances but now its time for the real work, make another killer album like The Gathering!! The line-up for The Gathering was very strong, thats just a simple fact. And people will compare the new album with The Gathering, thats another fact. :)

PS: I buy every new Testament without even listening first, and that will also happen with the new album so that shows how much confidence I have in them, OK?:)

well said flebbie! :D

and i just ment that its my favorite line up sofar... i dont really know the whole linup for the new album? whos on drums?

ill buy the new album regardless... im also very confident in them, there my favorite band still in existance :)

-Necro