Showcase Replacement?

I would absolutely shit a gold brick to see Wolf Hoffmann play live. I am a little worried about the new singer as well as how much Wolf and Peter have left in the creative well, but Wolf is the most underrated guitarist there has ever been and Accept was much more diverse and ahead of their time than they were ever given credit for.

Bryant

I think Accept are working on their new album in the States. That would be fantastic way to introduce their third singer!

Why Accept? Why not U.D.O.? Better yet, why not bring over Ihsahn and Iliehr. We can gat a mix of Peccatum, Ihsahn and Emperor! :worship:notworthy:headbang::headbang:

Maybe Dragonforce...l know they are not well liked on this board...but talented they are.

You know, I will agree with you in parts. I think they are good musicians, but I don't think they deliver live. The guitarists, especially are so sloppy, but soooo sloppy, it's not even funny. I like a guitarist who's sound is clean, that's why I love Petrucci so much. And I know for a fact the Dragonforce guys take advantage of the computer when it comes to writing/recording solos. That being said, I can think of other power bands who could be considered better musicians than prog metal band members.

Always thought it was PF headlining due to the announcement. My ticket doesn't specify.

ProgPower USA Showcase tickets now on sale!

ProgPower USA Showcase tickets are now available via Ticketmaster.com! Don’t miss out on your chance to see Primal Fear, Vanden Plas, Suspyre and Future’s End on Thursday night, leading into the Friday/Saturday main event! Order your tickets today! Purchase ProgPower USA...

June 20, 2009 | Read the story »

But I thought VP was "headlining" the showcase. No?

Has anyone mentioned Devin Townsend??? New album out, American, crazy... Sounds like a shoe in to me...

Well, he's from Canada, but I suspect getting a work visa wouldn't be a problem.
Frankly I'd love to see Devy again -- although he has toured with DTB since his ProgPower USA appearance, DTB has not played Atlanta since then. I'd even toss some money Shane's way for it. There is no question in my mind that he's a musical genius and a fascinating, if sometimes tortured soul.
--But I remember getting into verbal scuffles on the Forum over Devy's last appearance at PPUSA, how poorly it went over, etc. Since then he's opened for Symphony X and appeared on an Ayreon CD, so...who knows?

Well, he's from Canada, but I suspect getting a work visa wouldn't be a problem.
Frankly I'd love to see Devy again -- although he has toured with DTB since his ProgPower USA appearance, DTB has not played Atlanta since then. I'd even toss some money Shane's way for it. There is no question in my mind that he's a musical genius and a fascinating, if sometimes tortured soul.
--But I remember getting into verbal scuffles on the Forum over Devy's last appearance at PPUSA, how poorly it went over, etc. Since then he's opened for Symphony X and appeared on an Ayreon CD, so...who knows?

Yes, I'd love for him to show up... I know he's from Canada but I thought he lived in Texas or something now. I might be wrong on that though.

I thought he said he was just going to concentrate on producing, rather than playing/touring?

He's working on a 4-album series (one came out in May).

Also, a few days ago he posted this on his twitter: "I miss playing live. Planning for 2010 in a number of ways." So I'm hoping he does make his return to live shows!

Seriously people chill... Glen is doing the best he can!!

Ray cannot pull double duty.

On a side note, I realize the emotions are running high. Shane is devestated just as I am and is doing the best he can given what he has to work with. Please show some class and be patient and understanding.