Showcase Replacement?

Some bigger US based bands that I feel help get tickets sold:

4. Symphony X

Lethal anyone? This is from April of this year:

[I'd love to hear Mallicoat singing live - never have gotten the chance!

For me, either of these options would take the sting out of losing Vanden Plas. :)

I'd also love to see Van Helsing's Curse at ProgPower one day...although the logistics would be daunting with that many performers...and I don't know if they plan on doing any more live shows. It's been about 3 years since I saw them in Vegas.

Sure, they're from jolly ole England, but their Visas should be in working order....THRESHOLD.

Replace an excellent prog band with another excellent prog band.

Am I the only one who would prefer to see a band that hasn't already played the fest at some point? Especially not one that's played twice. Let's get some new blood on stage.

I'd totally be into GC playing. In fact, that'd make the fest for me (unless of course HW got the call to replace VP again! =) i'm going to TX for the reunion shows too.

Here's a prediction:

Primal Fear will remain the headliner as it must be in their contract.

VP will be replaced by a popular progmetal or prog/power band as it's missing in the showcase to bring in the progheads, myself included. So, I don't expect an obscure band to take the remaining spot although it could be possible with the short time Shane has in front of him.

There you go...

Steve

Speaking of Devin Townsend, what about Zimmer's Hole. "When you where shouting at the devil... we were in league with Satan" is such a great album.

Or how about get DC Cooper back for an electric set this time, with some Royal Hunt and Silent Force songs thrown in?

Um I do not think DC is coming near Atlanta this year, I hope he does but after hearing him say say what he said last year I don't think he wants to be near RH.

Bear

stopwhining.jpg

Um I do not think DC is coming near Atlanta this year, I hope he does but after hearing him say say what he said last year I don't think he wants to be near RH.

Bear

Yeah, I got that same impression. It's a shame, because DC joining RH on stage for a song or two would be amazing. Andre Anderssen must be the Yngwie Malmsteen of keyboardists - and I'm not talking about musicianship.

Of course, I'd love to see a Stride reunion at the Showcase. And maybe hear one or two of the new songs they were working on before the breakup. Assuming they could finish the songs and Shane could get those guys back together for one show.

Of course, you could argue they aren't a headline band with only two albums. And I can't argue with that, but I'll still take Stride over most power metal bands.